HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on our sister Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45282)

v-ness 05-26-2010 10:47 AM

Re: Update on our sister Sheila

dear sheila- i haven't been on much because of my mother's pulmonary embolism and rehab and just read all this today. i can't believe all you have just been through and relieved to hear you are home. i truly hope this never happens again and that your rocky road is at an end. rich has talked a lot about the metronomic chemo. may it work for you! valerie

janieR 05-26-2010 11:37 AM

Sheila,

So very, very glad you are home.

Thinking of you so much. You are an inspiration to me.

Janie

Lani 05-26-2010 12:26 PM

Best wishes for a swift recovery. Metronomic chemo should be gentle from what I read--and gentle is something you probably wouldn't mind right now!

Take care of yourself!

alicem 05-26-2010 01:30 PM

I'm so glad that you are back home. Thank you for that good news. Sounds like the treatment for you is a good one. Keep getting stronger and feistier, OK?

Now, to more important issues which do you like better, The Price is Right or Wheel of Fortune? Myself, I'm a wheel girl!!!

chicagoetc 05-26-2010 05:58 PM

Hi Sheila,

Glad they were able to help. Sad to hear it had to happen. Glad that Donna was able to track you down!

As I recall there is possibly more treatment to come? [Re nodes?]

Regardless, you are amazing, a role model for me and obviously for many others.

With love,
Melanie

Catherine 05-26-2010 10:50 PM

Dear Sheila,

What a journey in your space suit. So sorry you had to go through this, but so happy you are home now. Keep on getting better. Your team is with you!

Hugs, Catherine

rinaina 05-29-2010 04:12 PM

Oh my goodness. I haven't been on in a few weeks and last I was on I asked if anyone had heard from Sheila because I was worried. I am so sorry to hear this horrible update. I am sorry to hear the latest challenges Sheila is dealing with. Enough is enough already. If anyone is strong enough to beat this it is her. My thoughts and prayers are many and constant for this beautiful her2 sister. I hope to hear some better news soon. Until then we are all pulling for you Sheila. I will never forget how you reached out to me early on and always found a way to make me feel better. Now you get better because last we talked we were going to make plans for lunch. So you owe me a lunch so get better.

Soccermom 05-29-2010 09:25 PM

Prayers continue for you dear Sheila.Glad you arehome in your own bed recovering...many gentle hugs,
Marcia

Jean 05-29-2010 11:23 PM

Sheila,
I am thrilled to hear you are home where you belong.
Know you are thought of dear sister and prayers are with you.

Sending a big hug.
Jean

kklouisiana 05-30-2010 05:17 AM

I'm new on this site, but my prayers today (Sunday, May 30) are for Sheila! May God heal you today!

Jeanette 05-30-2010 05:29 AM

Just got back from my vacation in Scotland and was shocked to read about your ordeal. I just know you will be stronger than ever, hugs and Blessings , jeanette

tricia keegan 05-30-2010 02:14 PM

So relieved to hear you're home Sheila:) Our thoughts are with you, feel much better soon!! x

Chelee 05-30-2010 08:54 PM

I haven't been on the board for a while and I have missed so much. Shelia I am so sorry that you had to go through all that. What a nightmare that must of been...how quickly things can change with this darned disease we battle. I am glad you had such a great team of doctors caring for you---and so pleased to hear your feeling so much better.

Shelia you have certainly had more then your share this year. You are one VERY tough cookie and such an inspriation to me and so many others here. After going thru SO MUCH I couldn't help but chuckle when you mentioned you can easily go seven days without washing or combing your chemo hair. You sure didn't lose your sense of humor! lol That's one Tuesday you will never forget...you must not think you have enough going on in your life so wanted to spice it up a bit. Ha! In all seriousness...that really is too much...I am so thankful you are ok. Metronomic Chemo sounds like the way to go right now...much easier on the body, and constant enough to kick cancers butt. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always.

Chelee

Ellie F 05-31-2010 04:50 AM

Glad you are back home and battling on against the damn disease.
At every level you are an inspiration.
Ellie

Karen Wheel 05-31-2010 05:48 AM

Thank you for the update Donna!
I was sad to hear this about Shiela! CRAP! I hate this FLIPPING Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does suck - royally sucks!

I will send some great healing energy out there across the sea and then the big Atlantic ocean back to you awesome girls in the US!!!!!!

Karen

sassy 05-31-2010 03:48 PM

So glad you are back home Sheila. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.