HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chemo Failure #3...now I'm doing what??? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57533)

Joanne S 03-12-2013 10:13 PM

Re: Chemo Failure #3...now I'm doing what???

Chrisy, My heart is crying for you! Enough is enough already! Bold prayers for you over and over and over again. I wish you the best with this new treatment. Huge Hugs, Joanne

jaykay 03-13-2013 03:49 AM

Thinking of you and hoping everything went as planned

F__ing cancer

Janis

Paula O 03-13-2013 04:41 AM

I wish you weren't going through all this, Chrisy and just lifted you and your dear husband in prayer. How are you feeling today? I hope the new treatment is marvelously successful.
(((Hugs))),
Paula
A song for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuOwXiEm_K4
(...and "You just found you a brand new box of matches...")

NEDenise 03-13-2013 05:41 AM

Can you feel the love?
Are you remembering to rest easy, and lean hard?

Hoping to hear a tiny little update soon...selfish I know...forgive me...but waiting is so hard.

Still banging on the gates!
Denise

JennyB 03-13-2013 07:00 AM

Still here right behind you Chrisy i hope you are kicking big butt!

Pam P 03-13-2013 08:35 AM

Hope all went well yesterday and you are feeling okay. Waiting to hear how you are. Hope it kicked cancer;s butt.

mamacze 03-13-2013 08:54 AM

And you should be greedy for life!
Thank you for; when you are down and low and feeling no energy; taking the time to let us know how you are doing and what you are up against.
Denise couldn't have said it better:
"There may only be one set of footprints in the sand...but there are lots and lots of us following behind...praying and lifting you up!"
I am running to join the line - with joy in my heart and a prayerful voice shouting to the rafters.
Find peace, rest in the arms of our prayers, keep your thoughts on Bali.
With love and hugs and love and hugs,
Kim (from CT)

Kim in CA 03-13-2013 08:08 PM

Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you Chrisy, and hoping your TACE procedure is not too hard on you, but murder on the cancer. You are so overdue for a break.

Sending my love and prayers for a positive outcome,

Kim

Redwolf8812 03-14-2013 01:36 PM

How are you, Chrisy? Still praying...

- Penny

chrisy 03-14-2013 03:30 PM

Hi

Just checking in to let you know I'm still here! The TACE procedure got done on Monday. True to the hype, the procedure itself was not painful but the aftermath is. I had the procedure done on Monday afternoon and stayed overnight in the "short stay" unit which is basically a glorified recovery room with 10 or so beds separated by curtain. They give you earplugs and an eyeshade but still not a great environment to rest. Tuesday was a lost day - I slept all the way home them crawled into a recliner and stayed there till Wednesday!

The pain level has not actually been THAT bad, but I also have fever/headache. Today I went out to do a few errands and realized how TIRED I am! I should have known since I have now slept thru 2 consecutive nights of Harry potter movies. Maybe after all these years it has become a natural sedative! Tonight I think I will sleep through movie #4:)

I guess I need to be gentle; the "post embo syndrome" is supposed to last a week
and I think I'm only on day2 or 3 depending how you count, and I do have a number of complicating factors.

jacqueline1102 03-14-2013 03:38 PM

Hi Chrisy,

I am so glad you posted. Hope your recovery does well. Have a relaxing weekend and hopefully that tiredness goes away so you can enjoy those Harry Potter movies again. :)

Take care,

Jackie

KDR 03-14-2013 06:16 PM

Chrisy,
So glad the procedure is behind you! It's all up from here, right? Soon the pain will subside and we will be getting some good reports...believe!

Love
Karen

chrisy 03-14-2013 06:30 PM

The other part is, assuming I am doing well next week, ROUND 2 will be on the following Wednesday! Then hopefully a scan to see what's happening...then maybe round 3! The IR, Dr Kickass, called to check on me today, said everything going on now is "expected" and would get better .

Basically it's all a huge inflammatory reaction from the pissed off liver:)

NEDenise 03-14-2013 07:25 PM

Yay! You!
Thank you so much for posting an update!

What you need, my friend, is the liver equivalent of 'Skele-grow'!!

Rest...get ready for next week and more tumor torture!
So glad to hear the smile in your voice.
Denise

BonnieR 03-14-2013 10:09 PM

A pissed off liver is a good thing!
Keep the faith

SoCalGal 03-14-2013 11:04 PM

So glad that you updated us. Pissed off liver -it's gotta be worse than pissed off thighs. I'm sorry you have to go thru this but I bet it will work. Stay strong, cry a little, too. We are all with you. Sending tons of love.
Flori

Paula O 03-15-2013 04:03 AM

Rooting for ya, Chris.
Lots of rest, eating well, and taking excellent care of yourself is a very good thing. Great that you are getting the sleep you need to heal. I'm glad the procedure went smoothly and pray it's doing it's job.

How's your husband holding up walking with you through this?
Paula

Redwolf8812 03-15-2013 05:50 AM

Glad you posted. Take it easy. I had the same "inflammatory" pain in my liver after my ablation.

God Bless.

- Penny

JennyB 03-15-2013 05:57 AM

Thanks for posting Chrissy

Rest up ready for round 2 I'll be sending prayers xx

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-15-2013 01:53 PM

Oh Chrisy! I'm so so so glad you posted. I'm with Denise. Waiting is hard. I hear your smile. And I love when I fall asleep about 1 minute into a movie, only to discover that fact the next day.

Sleep sweet lady, you deserve that. As does your bod, which is busy healing. Sleep nurtures that. Errands??!! Are you daft?! Lie down. Smile. Even in your liver...

Better days are coming. And whatever comes up -- you'll deal with it. Till you're DONE with it. You can do this.

We're all here on the sidelines cheering you on, transmitting mountains of love just for you, from every corner of the planet!