HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   almost 14 years NED breast cancer and apparently it's back in my lungs (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66956)

Debster 05-29-2018 04:27 AM

Re: almost 14 years NED breast cancer and apparently it's back in my lungs

Hugs and prayers coming to You!

SoCalGal 05-29-2018 09:33 AM

Love this last post!!! Great news, keep it going...Want to copy you, more or less :))
<3 <3 <3

Cathya 05-29-2018 04:01 PM

Flori;

Be sure to post the results of your scan and if there's a change to your pathology. Given that mine changed I know this can happen and it opens up lots of new treatments.

Thinking of you,
Cathy

Mary Jo 05-29-2018 08:52 PM

Yay..Yay....yay. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cathya 07-22-2018 10:58 AM

Hi all;

I'm very happy to report that the Ibrance/Letrozole appears to be working. I understand that you have to give this time so after three months (I just finished my 3rd cycle today) I am super stoked to see these results. I'll post the results below. My abdominal CT with contrast was reported separately and NED there so don't think ovarian spread is an issue....although I haven't spoken to my oncologist yet. I see him Aug 2nd. Here we go:

COMPARISON: February 23, 2018.
LUNGS AND TRACHEOBRONCHIAL TREE: Previously 6 mm nodule anteriorly in left
upper lobe has decreased to 4 mm in diameter on image #114. No new pulmonary
nodule.
LYMPH NODES AND MEDIASTINUM: No enlarged thoracic lymph node.
PLEURA AND PERICARDIUM: Previously seen left-sided pleural nodules have either
significantly decreased or resolved. For example
Previously 25 mm anterior paramediastinal nodule has decreased to 12 mm in
diameter.
Previously 27 x 11 mm pleural nodule at upper posterior aspect has decreased to
13 x 4 mm in diameter.

---------
IMPRESSION:
Significant interval improvement, partial response.

Remember this treatment is being used for Her2+ and well as negative!!

best regards,
Cathy

caya 07-22-2018 12:38 PM

Wonderful news, Cathya!

all the best
caya

Juls 07-23-2018 05:05 AM

Great news!

Juls

Carol Ann 07-23-2018 07:23 AM

YAY!!!

Carol Ann

SoCalGal 07-26-2018 06:04 PM

Love this news!!!!!!!!

Midwest Alice 07-27-2018 02:26 PM

Cathy, Wonderful news! Congratulations, Alice

jra40 07-30-2018 12:27 PM

Great news - doing my happy dance for you :)

Becky 07-30-2018 01:28 PM

So happy for you

tricia keegan 07-31-2018 01:29 PM

So happy for you Cathy!

Cathya 08-02-2018 01:27 PM

Hi all;

Got some results from my genetic testing. I was tested for 17 genes and remain normal for all but still BRCA1 VUS. She is hoping for more information on this from the testing of my tumours....breast mets and ovarian....but I don't really understand why. I am normal for ATM, BRCA2, BRIP1, CDH1, CKEK2, EPCAM, MLS1, MSH2, MSH6, PALB2, PMS2, PTEN, RAD51C, RAD51D, STK11, and TP53. I am also negative for Lynch syndrome. Testing was done at Invitae Laboratory in the US.

Also, my oncologist said today that the Ontario Octane program which I have become part of is testing all of the mutations of my tumours and will continuously run these by all drugs. As new ones enter clinical trials they will tell my oncologist. If/when Ibrance/Letrozole stops working for me they will then decide what offers the best next treatment for me.

The oncologist told me today that they could not have hoped for better results than I am having right now....no new tumours, no indication of any issues with the ovarian cancer and existing tumours are shrinking. Plus my side effects still offer me a good QOF.

Even though I had seen the scan results which I posted here I'm feeling pretty happy tonight.

As I keep posting, apparently in December a paper will be presented about the use of Ibrance/Letrozole on hormone positive Her2+ as well as Her2- MBC.

My best to you all,

Cathy

SoCalGal 08-07-2018 06:11 PM

GREAT report. Keep it up. Much love, Flori

Donna H 08-08-2018 12:49 PM

So happy for you. You are an inspiration - such a fighter!!!

Cathya 08-21-2018 09:49 AM

Hi; I just saw that Lauren is doing very well on Ibrance and there's another Her2+ on the breastcancer.org site (Ibrance/Letrozole local) who is Her2+ and taking Ibrance/letrozole and herceptin. Just fyi for the triple positives.

Cathy

sassy 08-31-2018 12:57 PM

Happy to see good news for you Cathy!

Cathya 11-02-2018 08:14 AM

Just had another CT scan. It showed multiple small nodules and no comment on my previous tumours. I was confused and very anxious. Went to my oncologist yesterday afternoon and he went upstairs to see the radiologist and to see the scan for himself. Apparently my original tumours are so small they are barely seen and they agree these new nodules are lymph nodes in the pleura likely slightly enlarged from my cold. I am in my 7th cycle of treatment. So....I remain on Ibrance and Letrozole and get another scan in the new year. Wow. So happy. I also was talking to Lauren (who is Her2+ and Ibrance) and she is also doing very well. Keep this treatment in mind for MBC and watch out for the report on Her2+'s using it by years end.

Thinking of you all and hoping we all can enjoy the holidays this year!

Cathy

Laurel 11-04-2018 08:07 AM

Wow! More good news! This combination certainly seems to be doing the trick for you! I am so happy!!!

Cathya 11-04-2018 02:37 PM

Laurel;

I'm pretty thrilled. These results will be confirmed with another scan early January. What's great is that this offers all hormone positives a great treatment option. I'll keep you all informed as I go....and I'll be in touch with Her2+'s on treatment.

Thank you,

Cathy

Cathya 01-16-2019 08:55 AM

Had my January scan and all previously existing nodules seen on last scan have resolved completely.....yahoo. There are two new larger nodular areas but they are suggestive of inflammatory changes.....I've had a bad cold for the last month so that's not surprising. I'll have another scan to reevaluate in a few months. But, all good news to me. I see the onc in early February.

Lauren, who is her2+ is also doing very well with our Ibrance/Letrozole treatments.

Good luck to everyone. I know that January is generally a busy scan month.....not fun and full of scanexity. I'm praying for good results for you all.

Cathy

lkc Gumby 01-16-2019 03:07 PM

wonderful, wonderful news!

Laurel 01-16-2019 05:15 PM

Cathy,

That is good news! What a great way to begin 2019! Yea! Thanks for letting us know. It brings some sunshine to this cold winter!

Laurel

Becky 01-16-2019 06:56 PM

Great news Cathy

Carol Ann 01-16-2019 07:15 PM

Wonderful, YAY!

Carol Ann

Donna H 01-18-2019 01:08 PM

Great to hear!

tricia keegan 01-21-2019 03:15 PM

So glad to read this news and very happy for you Cathya.

Cathya 01-21-2019 10:38 PM

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I do so appreciate your thoughts. Please keep in mind this treatment for any triple positives here turning stage 4. I'm hoping it will work for a very long time.....at least until a cure or immunotherapy is available....lol.

Cathy

SoCalGal 02-04-2019 07:57 PM

Just saying hello! Thinking of you...

Cathya 02-12-2019 08:33 AM

Hi Flori;

So nice to hear from you. I haven't been too active on the board recently. I'm doing well with treatment but find the se's a bugger. I'm so sick of coughing and bloody, sore noses and being tired all the time. I wonder how much of that frustration is the weather lol. Ah well the alternative is much worse lol. It's so cold and icy here. We're expecting 30 some cm of snow (around 15 plus inches) this afternoon and more tomorrow. I'd like to go out and do some shopping this morning but there's ice everywhere....the roads are good but the walkways and driveways are treacherous. So rather then risk a fall I'll just stay in. I'm Canadian so used to this time of winter but it is a bugger. I lived in Winnipeg for 20 years so I really shouldn't complain about the weather here in Ontario.

I hope your mood improves following treatment. I would find it very difficult to deal with your clinic I know and I can only hope you're feeling so much better and optimistic about the treatments themselves that your frustration passes quickly. Have you been dancing lately?

Thinking of you,

Cathy