HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rest in peace, Mandamoo. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59281)

waterdreamer 10-14-2013 07:58 PM

Re: Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

Rest in peace, beautiful warrior.

norkdo 10-14-2013 09:02 PM

Nooooooooooo.

KsGal 10-15-2013 09:35 AM

My computer bit the dust, and I am waiting on Dell to build me a new laptop..still two weeks to go. I came to my mom's today to check on everyone here, and I am so shocked and saddened to hear this news. It's horrible how fast this disease can take over once it gets the littlest bit of advantage. I will sure miss Amanda and her posts. I feel just devastated for the loss and pain her family is enduring...I don't have the words to properly express the thoughts going through my head. Im just sad and so terribly sorry for her family and friends. Prayers for peace and comfort for everyone.

phil 10-16-2013 05:17 PM

Oh, I feel like I got kicked in the stomach ... she was such a fighter, fought so hard w/in a slow, bureaucratic state -run healthcare system. to get the best , latest tx's she could find..
her family knows she couldn't have fought any harder. such an Inspiration to us all !

SusanN 10-16-2013 08:46 PM

I am so sad to hear this...for everyone of us here...her family...knowing she fought so hard...and loved so very much!!! Sending prayers to her family for much needed strength, peace, comfort and love in the days ahead...!!!

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-17-2013 05:43 PM

I hope I'm not doing something inappropriate posting this. I saw this on Amanda's FB page and it made me smile a bit. I hoped it would effect you similarly.

Amanda had written to me that she removed her signature because she didn't want her treatments to define her. She sent it to me however.

For two yrs Amanda fought with all she possibly could, added meditation, an acupuncturist, a healer, following everything available in Australia re genomic profiling -- and love. Much love. Always. A recurring theme in all her emails. Always signed, Amanda xx Always thanking me for caring so much. The picture in the link below says so much. Covered in a love rug...

Such a beautiful soul! Australia had a grand celebration of her Amanda's life today. Her husband Brendan and three children, her mum, her brother and many many whose lives she'd touched. All dressed in red, as she requested. With selected music and prayers she'd chosen. A woman of remarkable courage, strength and grace...
divacultura: Farewell Amanda - reflecting on life and death.
divacultura.blogspot.com

With my love, as always,
Andi

Bunty 10-17-2013 06:06 PM

Thanks so much for sharing that with us Andi......
xx

KsGal 10-18-2013 02:19 PM

Thank you for posting that, Andi. Sure made me tear up. I am so tired of seeing this disease steal mommies from their kids, wives from their husbands, daughters from their parents...so much suffering. Amanda was indeed so very beautiful and strong and brave..an inspiration. The loss of her here on earth is just heartbreaking.

chrislmelb 10-25-2013 04:03 AM

It makes me sad that she thinks she failed when she did everything so could. She certainly didn't in my eyes.

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-25-2013 04:59 PM

I checked Amanda's FB page today. Found this editorial which sheds much needed light on how those of us with metastatic bc feel left out from October's pink madness and focus on survival. Of course, that is the dream of each of us.

Some, sadly, live with bc and with the knowledge that they won't survive.

I have pondered this long and hard for 15 yrs. I do believe that when we KNOW a thing, embed it in our subconscious (without even realizing it) we ensure the outcome unwittingly.

It is my prayer that others will read my posts, especially those in IN SIMPLE FORMULA FOR CHANGING THE FUTURE, which is of course never a matter of mastering our thoughts (even those we are not consciously aware of).

Our attitude and our Assumptions (often while staring at reason and what we deem as reality) requires us to have the faith to believe we are empowered with the ability to rise above what our senses tell us, not to buy into the story that is presenting itself to us and though not sinking into denial we fully embrace and live as who we wish to be. This is a feat I fully understand. The power of outside conditions and circumstances defies us with every breath we take. Yet we must resist and move ahead with fearless faith and confidence.

May we each rise to higher and higher states of consciousness and bring into manifestation more and more of creation's infinite wonders.

MAKE BELIEVE -- GREAT MIRACLES ARE POSSIBLE... KNOWING that what you feel will come to be fact.

God bless Amanda's Soul. I admire her so. I respect her great message to each of us, and thank her eternally.

Our society's make extraordinary warriors feel left out. Failures at their task. We each do the very best we can. Surely Amanda did that and far far more. So many do.

http://www.nbcf.org.au/About-NBCF/Me...e-of-Pink.aspx

Sent with my love,
ANDI

cheery 10-26-2013 07:41 AM

My deepest condolences to Amanda's family and loved ones. I'm very sad.

Pray 10-28-2013 11:18 PM

I'm just grief stricken! How unbelievably sad knowing Amanda is gone she is missed. Gods blessings to her family and may the peace of our Lord be with them.