HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update - progression confirmed; the last shoe drops (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50415)

laureen 06-16-2011 04:59 PM

Re: Update - progression confirmed; the last shoe drops

Dang it, I am so sorry to see this. Bummer, poopy, crap, what other word describes this. Lol. I am sure you have your own set of words. Sending prayers and good light your way.

Sheila 06-17-2011 12:30 PM

Chris....you know how I feel about all of this...your next miracle is right around the corner.....you are smart and tough, the cancer doesnt stand a chance!
BIG HUGS AND MUCH LOVE

Ceesun 06-17-2011 01:02 PM

Chrissy, you have done so well, I know there will be a good alternative for you. Hang in there, friend.

chrisy 06-17-2011 01:13 PM

Laureen, I know the words poopy and crap are top of mind for you right now! Funny how useful those words can be relative to all sorts of things!

I've been on TDM1 autopilot so long I'm really finding it hard to get my head around the fact that I am having to change horses - with a different plan and all the things that that brings. But so it is.

Smiling at the thought of your new baby:)

hutchibk 06-17-2011 03:38 PM

Exactly how I felt about changing from the Tykerb horse, Chris... exactly. I was on Tykerb for 4 years, 18 months w/xeloda and another 30 months w/Herceptin.

Mary L 06-18-2011 08:47 AM

Chris, so sorry to hear this but I know you will find the right treatment plan to beat this. Sending prayers your way. Mary L

lkc Gumby 06-19-2011 06:59 AM

Chrissy, Sorry to hear this, but onemet is doable. I am sure you'll be kickin it to the curb soon.

suzan w 06-20-2011 05:51 PM

sheeeeeit...should I send you a new pair of shoes??? Green ones???!!!

chrisy 06-20-2011 09:27 PM

Suzan - ahh yes! The green shoes! Proof that you have in fact been here those six years!

Maybe I'll just go with bare feet except during chemo. Then it will be cozy socks. Can't hear than drop:)

But I will still be able to take that one step at a time!

Jean 06-21-2011 12:30 AM

Chrisy,
#*(&@! sorry to hear your news.
Of course prayers are coming your way....strong huge ones. I am sure you will make the very best new treatment choice - you are always ahead of the curve.

Big hugs,
Jean

Carol Carlson 06-21-2011 05:09 PM

wondered if you know my niece, Cathy Daniels from New Boston. N.H. ?? Hope you are doing well.
Carol Carlson

Laurel 06-21-2011 06:50 PM

Just wanted to stop by and say I am thinking of you, Kid.

mamacze 06-29-2011 04:50 AM

Chrisy,
Just checking in after vaca with the kids ... such kick-in-the-gut news....especially after a good long run of not having to think about it...now you have to get back in the saddle.
So back in the saddle you are. Please stay with us and let us know if a biopsy is in order...Becky may be on to something...it is such a pesky mets it makes you wonder if it changed it's stripes to an er/pr flavor. Also, you may have mentioned it earlier; but did you rule out rfa? Hold on tight to the reins....we are rootin for another good long ride for you...
Love Kim from CT

Barbara2 07-05-2011 08:36 PM

Adding my "ditto" to all of the above. Many thoughts and prayers are with you and confident that something will be found that will once again be a good fighter for you.
Hugs and prayers...

Sherryg683 07-06-2011 10:00 PM

You are in my prayers, I am so sorry to hear about the progression. sherry