HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Coobi (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50386)

BonnieR 08-29-2011 12:17 PM

Re: Coobi

Welcome to the Coobie Club! Glad it is working for you. I sure wish I had known about them in the beginning.
Keep the faith.

Cal-Gal 08-30-2011 07:43 PM

Thanks for the info!!!

rhondalea 09-01-2011 05:31 AM

Hi all,

I'm not exactly new--I've been signed up and reading for a while--but this is my first post. My sig (stolen from breastcancer.org, although I haven't posted there yet) contains the brief diagnosis, but I'll add the details and tell my story as soon as I get a few minutes to spare.

I just wanted to say "thank you!" for the information about the Coobie. Mine arrived the other day from Amazon (my favorite place to shop), and although I'm quite happy with my flat chest, the Coobie will make a real difference in the fit of some of my clothes when I want to be just a bit more formal. My decision for "no reconstruction/no prosthesis" is one with which I'm very satisfied (no more bra straps to plague me, not to mention bad fit, because I was the odd 38 almost B), but for some clothes, it's better to have at least small bumps to fit the darts.

I can't say I'm glad to have cancer (although it has certainly enhanced my outlook on life), but I'm glad to be here. Of all the forums I've looked at, I like this one best, because it has wonderful people and great information.

Thanks again.

Rhonda Lea Fries

P.S. I'm 53 and that's my first grandson, Ant, in the picture with me. It was taken last August when I still had hair on my head, so he's a bit bigger now just as I'm quite a bit balder.

LoisAnn 11-16-2011 12:27 AM

Thanks for all the info Ladies, they sound great! Just ordered 2 directly from Coobie using a discount code for buy-one-get-one free. [ MOMBOGO1 ] It saved me $22

The discount code was from:
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/shopcoobie.com

BTW, "Retail Me Not" has discount codes for MANY on-line vendors, have used them for years from Coldwater Creek (they work on the outlet items there), and other on-line.

Thank you! (Lois Ann's daughter)

hutchibk 11-16-2011 09:17 PM

FYI, my Coobies (two of the three) have had the thread come out of the back seam, and I really just wear them now to work out or sleep. I still like them, but might try the Ahh Bra and the Genie (over time) to see what their quality is...

Has anyone here tried either of those?

BonnieR 11-16-2011 10:16 PM

Brenda, sorry to hear the Coobies are not holding up. Mine are good so far and I wear the same one or 2 alot. Maybe you should tell the company and see if the will replace them
I am always interested in comfort. Let me know if you check out the other brands.
Keep the faith

CoolBreeze 11-17-2011 04:33 PM

I am uneven after reconstruction because I have no inframmary fold. You'd have to really look to see, but it does show in tight clothes. I'm interested in this bra to see if that will helps.

At this point, I'm in regular, non-wire bras, having had my surgery two years ago but it would be nice to be able to put something tight on and look even. Does the pocket fit a space at the bottom, which is where I need help? I also have the lack of pointiness that everybody does. Thanks ladies.

BonnieR 12-05-2011 12:09 PM

Just a head's up that Coobie is doing a 12 days of Christmas sale. You might check their website to see if you can take advantage of it.
keep the faith

laurab 12-06-2011 09:31 PM

If you are a plus size woman , you may want to know that when I got my plus size Coobi bra , it was waaaaay too small. I wear a size 2X shirt.

NEDenise 05-25-2012 07:00 AM

Hi Ladies,
I am new to the Coobie Club, but am so impressed with them...I decided this thread needed to be bumped up for our sisters who are new to the world of post mx clothing.

I had the DIEP flap recon, so I've never been 'breastless'...but as Ann noted, there is a distinct lack of pointiness to my silhouette...except for my recon nipples, which are still a little too prominent. The Coobie helps with both issues!

I've tried at least 5 or 6 different bras from various department stores and all of them seem to either ride up, or flatten things out even more than they are already. Even the Ah Bra and the Genie Bra were disappointing. Then, I remembered this thread (the first time I saw it, I was pre-mx...so I didn't need it) and bought myself a Coobie. Well, since that first one washed and wore so nicely, I've now purchased several more.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Denise

Bonnie R 05-25-2012 08:15 AM

Welcome to the club. Glad you like the Coobie. I showed mine to my surgeon the other day and she thought they would be great to recommend to patients. even herself! I am enjoying all the colors too!

NEDenise 05-25-2012 08:26 AM

Yep! Lots and lots of colors available.
Started with lavender...my new favorite color...when I was bald and had no eyebrows, someone told me it made me look less pale.

Just got bright aqua and orange yesterday! The camis didn't have a pad in them though...so I passed on them...

I think I feel a pastel phase coming on...maybe I'll go for pink next week. :)

Denise