HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   brain mets (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49106)

GracePang 03-12-2011 05:17 PM

Re: brain mets

Pam, good to know you tolerate Decadron well. Take a lot of rest, eat well and you will beat it for sure! Grace

krisvell 03-12-2011 05:44 PM

Pam,
I think of you every day and I'm glad you are tolerating the treatment. You are a very strong person and give me great inspiration for me to fight the fight that I'm just embarking on.
So glad you are doing well.
Love & Hugs,
Kris....

Chelee 03-12-2011 09:04 PM

Hi Pam,
I'm glad your almost at the half way point with rads. Here's to the 2nd half flying by. I'm happy to hear you are tolerating the Decadron so far. Your medical team is right...you will have more fatigue coming unfortunetly. I was just thinking how you were still doing rads on your femur when they found the brain mets. So counting the rads to your femur and now the WBR...your body will be screaming at you to get some serious rest. Keep up on the high protein foods...that is so important right now. You take care of yourself and know that your in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Chelee

Kavy 03-13-2011 12:54 AM

Pam,
Thinking of you, and praying that soon those brain mets will be history. I'm glad decadron is helping you, and that you are tolerating it well. Rest, rest, rest, eat well, and try to get some sun and fresh air daily. You are in my prayers.
Hugs,
KarlaV.

Catherine 03-20-2011 08:45 PM

Dear Pam,

I have been out of town and not on the computer. Just now reading about your treatments, think I saw #7 up higher on the post. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through all these treatments. I want to add my love and support and wish you well. I will think of you and the little naps you will be taking as everyone has mention the fatigue. Hoping that your bed or lazy boy or couch are really comfy. If I get to Minneapolis this summer, I hope to look you up. Please take very good care of yourself. Sounds like you are doing that with the rest and the protein. I hope the treatments are over soon. You deserve a break and some sunshine!

Hugs, Catherine

Mary L 03-21-2011 07:50 AM

Hi Pam, I just wanted to say hello and hope that you are doing well with the tx. I am praying for you and send my Best Whishes, Mary L

Becky 03-21-2011 11:13 AM

Hi Pam

I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you!

schoolteacher 03-21-2011 12:58 PM

Pam,

Hope to hear from you soon.

Amelia

chrisy 03-22-2011 09:31 AM

Hi Pam,

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts as well.

krisvell 03-22-2011 12:21 PM

Hi Pam,
Chiming in to say hi too and send my prayers and best wishes you are on the road to recovery real soon.

I'm tolerating the Gamma Knife well and seeing improvements in my vision. The same will happen for you.

Love and hugs,
Kris..

Sheila 03-23-2011 12:26 PM

Pam, wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers...hoping everything is going smoothly for you, and this new issue will be resolved soon so you can get back on the chemo....

Chelee 03-23-2011 04:38 PM

Hi Pam,
Just wanted to let you know that your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things are going ok for you and you have finished up with the wbr? I'm sure the fatigue has caught up with you so get plenty of rest. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Big hugs!

Chelee

Pam P 03-23-2011 05:51 PM

Quick update = I still have 5 more wbr rads to go. Fatigue is more; I have mouth thrush and can't tolerate much food. Lost 10 pounds last week. Got to get over this thrush so I can eat more. I have meds for it and it's a little better. Start chemo again April 7. Decadron is being tolerated - down to 2 tabs a day from 3. Still need atavan to help sleep. Head is bald. Headache and dizzy symptoms much much better. Lots of muscle weakness = I sure from the combo of rads, fatigue, not eating and just lying around. Hopefully after next week I can start to get stronger. Pam

Jackie07 03-23-2011 06:09 PM

Thanks for the update, Pam. Can you drink Ensure or Carnation? They were recommended by my oncologist (who had told me the Carnation powder was much cheaper) I also used some packaged instant medicine soup (GreenMax 'Yam and Multi Grains Cereal'from Taiwan and Percent 36 'Ashitaba Immune Globulin' from Japan besides twice daily 'Linchih' (Gonaderma Lucidum) during my chemo and actually gained a little weight. (Yes, I remember the days when I was using the 'mouth thrush'...)

If you can't find these instant soup, try to cook some rice soup with sweet patato...

Keeping you in our prayers.

Elizabethtx 03-23-2011 08:40 PM

So nice to see you are strong enough to send out an update as we are all thinking about and praying for you! You sound good even if a little worn out. WBR is almost over, hang in there, then you will have some time to recover before chemo begins again. Big hugs!

Jackie07 03-23-2011 09:20 PM

Pam,

This is the mouth wash you posted before:

"The magic wash(maalox, lydocaine, benedryl) helps a little but the maalox stuff is not pleasant." It's the same formula I was prescribed during my chemo. Be sure to use it. We'll be praying for you.

krisvell 03-24-2011 05:51 AM

Pam,
It's good to hear from you and only 6 more treatments. Hope you're feeling better real soon.
Hugs,
Kris.....

Jean 03-24-2011 07:56 AM

Pam,
Thinking of you and saying prayers of strength for you.

Best wishes,
Jean

Mary L 03-24-2011 09:30 AM

Pam, I was so happy to see you post. I am so glad that you are halfway through and that you are feeling better. Your message sounded very strong. I am sending you my prayers and best wishes, Mary L

schoolteacher 03-24-2011 02:54 PM

Pam,

I am so glad to hear from you.

Amelia