HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   vickie h update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41491)

WomanofSteel 11-09-2009 07:31 AM

Re: vickie h update

Keeping Vickie in my prayers. Hope things work out for the best.

Unregistered 11-13-2009 04:25 AM

Good Morning Vicki and Cap!
Wanted to say hello and that I'm surely thinking about you guys.
Much love and lots of prayers.
ma

Unregistered 11-17-2009 04:48 PM

Thank you for your prayers. We just got back from Idaho, where Vickie was the last one enrolled in the TDM1 trial there. She had her first treatment on Monday and she is feeling ok except for fatigue. I believe one of Steph N's friends is going there also. We are definitely praying this works, but if for some reason she doesn't respond, we are ready to live out her life with some quality of care.
She so cares aBout all of you and talks about you like she would a trusted family. Her pain meds are sustaining her and we will know more soon. She misses you all and can't wait to get on the computer again and talk to you.
Again, my sincerest gratitude for your love and kindness.
Cap

Jackie07 11-17-2009 05:01 PM

Thanks for the update. Glad that she got in the TDM1 trial. We will continue to pray for her.

Mary Anne in TX 11-17-2009 05:30 PM

I'm believin' sooooooo BIG that it works like a charm!
Luv to U both, ma

Faith in Him 11-17-2009 05:44 PM

Thank God she is in the trial. I'll continue to pray for her.

Please give her my love,
Tonya

Midwest Alice 11-17-2009 06:29 PM

Prayers for Vickie and so thankful she is in this new trial. Sending a hug.

SoCalGal 11-17-2009 11:00 PM

Hi Cap,
Thanks for keeping us updated. Sending prayers to you and Vickie.

StephN 11-18-2009 01:34 AM

WHEW!!
What good news that our (and your) dear Vickie made it under the wire. I knew they were swamped with requests, so I am glad you did not wait any longer.

Now for the REAL test of this drug. It has done well with so many others who used treatment after treatment. This bodes well for Vickie to have a chance to fight back while regaining some of her strength.

Love and hugs to her.

Ellie F 11-18-2009 06:00 AM

Hi
I am so thankful to God that Vickie has got in the trial. Please send her my love and my sincerest hope that this drug does the trick!
Ellie

Rich66 11-22-2009 02:03 AM

Please keep in mind that treatments of the past might might work again if reintroduced in a metronomic fashion. Leave no tool behind.

Leslie304 11-30-2009 01:13 PM

Hi Cap,
Vickie has become a dear friend to me. I 'met' her when I was first diagnosed and somehow was drawn to her posts. We soon started emailing privately and I have appreciated her friendship. She tells me often how grateful she is to have you in her life. She is an extraordinary person. I tell her often but wanted to tell you as well, that she is never far from my thoughts and she is in my prayers nightly. I hope the TDM1 trial gives you both the renewed hope that you are so desperate for. I'll be thinking of you. Thanks for posting an update, I was worried as I haven't heard from her lately. Please give her a warm hug from Leslie in New Jersey.

Chelee 11-30-2009 05:58 PM

Hi Cap, if you see this please tell Vicky I said hi and I wish her all the best! I hope this trial is working it's magic on her...no one deserves it more. Vicky is such an awesome, loving and compassionate person and I so want the best for her. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. When ever you have a chance please update us.

Sending my love!

Chelee

Unregistered 12-06-2009 03:11 PM

Vickie is on her way to Idaho for treatment number 2. In two weeks time, after her first treatment, she was able to remove all her bandages. Her bleeding has completely stopped and she is almost off the pain meds. Her tumors are shrinking already and some are drying up. She has had a lot of fatigue and a bit of blue days but so far, so good. She will be posting soon when she returns home but she wanted me to tell you all how much she misses you and loves you. She has literally gone from the clutches of Hospice care to this trial and the results so far are amazing. Please keep her in your prayers. You are her sisters and she values your friendship and love. You are always in her heart.
Thank you for your support,
Cap

Mary Anne in TX 12-06-2009 03:14 PM

What a tremendous gift your news is Cap! I'm so excited that the treatment is working for our girl! Please add just one more hug for me! Luv and continued prayers to you both, ma

Midwest Alice 12-06-2009 03:18 PM

Wonderful news!! Thanks be to God Vickie! Answered paryers

Patb 12-06-2009 03:58 PM

What wonderful news. Vickie is in my prayers and
thoughts daily.
patb

lexigirl 12-06-2009 03:59 PM

Thank you Jesus!! Awesome news!! I am thankful that Vickie is responding so well to her tx! I hope each tx shows better and better results quickly!

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Chelee 12-06-2009 04:01 PM

Hi Cap, I literally teared up when reading your post. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear such good news after only one treatment. What amazing results so quickly. I pray her body adjusts some to this trt so that the fatigue might lesson some for her. I will continue to keep her in my prayers. Let her know how much we love her...miss her...and are pulling for her. You two take good care and thanks so much for the update. This TDM1 seems to be doing great for so many...can't wait till more of us have easy access to it. You both hang in there.

Chelee

StephN 12-06-2009 05:27 PM

Dear Cap and Vickie -
I am overwhelmed with joy at this wonderful news. This is truly a positive sign for Vickie. With his amount of healing, hopefully she can gain more of her strength in the next few weeks.

Halleluia!