HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41468)

Lien 10-16-2009 11:29 AM

Re: ~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo...

My dearest Marie,

I am relieved for Ed, and sad for you. I wish I could fly over and hold you in my arms and tell you it will be okay. He was a great man and his spirit will linger with us for a long time. Probably till you join him!

May his memory help you through the bad times, and inspire you in good times.

Hugs

Jacqueline

ElaineM 10-16-2009 11:30 AM

I want to say that I am so sorry for your loss. My sympathies go to you and Ed's family. The Mighty Oak is watching over all of us and providing shade for all cancer patients now. Ed's experience taught us alot about fighting cancer.
I want to add Ed to the "in loving memory" section of my website. I was just there starting to update it, but I am not finished, so I will add his name the next time I do more updating.
Please try to get a little rest before you go back to work and start fighting cancer on behalf of everyone. We can wait until you are well rested and ready to fight.

jones7676 10-16-2009 11:33 AM

Marie,

You have my heart felt sympathy....and your hubby my blessings.

Barb

Rich66 10-16-2009 11:58 AM

So lucky he was to have you fighting by his side.

StephN 10-16-2009 12:39 PM

Dearest Marie -
Accept my big cyberhug, and hold on to all of us who are here to lean on as long as you need.

Your precious Ed is in the big "cruise ship in the sky" and waiting till the time he can get you a coffee again. Until then his large spirit is alive in many sectors bringing knowledge and a will to fight to others who suffer from or treat such rare cancers.

Let your sails down for a bit and run with the current. May you content in the unconditional love you have known and still feel for a long time in the future.

Ruth Ann 10-16-2009 01:00 PM

May God be with you both. Thank you for all of your help and support. Your posts helped me make it through some of my bad days and I will be forever grateful. My heart goes out to you Marie, as I sit here typing... I do truly believe that one day you and Mighty Oak will be together forever. May God's angels comfort you and may God's love keep you at peace.
Ruth Ann

CourtneyL 10-16-2009 01:19 PM

My eyes are filled with tears for you Marie. It has been a long and difficult journey. And now it is time to grieve. And then it will be time to celebrate - celebrate the love you shared and celebrate the incredible life that was the Mighty Oak. And then, my dear, it will be time for you to rest. I can only imagine the utter exhaustion you have built up.

Know that you are and will continue to be in all of our hearts and prayers.

Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily Dickinson

Mary Jo 10-16-2009 01:38 PM

Oh Marie...although I knew the day was fast approaching and I so wanted Ed's suffering to be over my heart aches all the same. I feel as if I have lost a friend.......you have made your Mighty Oak as real to those of us here that I almost felt I could reach out and touch him.

My sincere condolences sweet Marie for your loss. May God's comfort and peace hold you and surround you today and always.

Love......Mary Jo

lkc Gumby 10-16-2009 01:53 PM

Dearest Marie,
Words fail me. I am so sorry.
Love never dies...Take care of yourself

Jackie07 10-16-2009 01:58 PM

Marie,

Our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Love,

J & M

Patty F 10-16-2009 02:31 PM

Marie
I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you during this time. Please know that you and Ed are loved.

whatz 10-16-2009 02:50 PM

Dearest Marie,
Thinking of you in your time of loss and pray for comfort in this time of mourning and loss but rejoicing for Mighty Oak as there is no Breast Cancer in heaven!

Bill 10-16-2009 03:35 PM

Marie, I'm sorry for your loss. You and the Mighty Oak were so blessed to have each other.

Cynthia 10-16-2009 04:01 PM

Marie,

I am so very sorry. There are no words.

Patb 10-16-2009 04:11 PM

What more can be said? I join all the others offering
you my love. What a team you were. Please take
care of yourself and rest. Always
patb

Barbara H. 10-16-2009 04:22 PM

Hi Marie,
Thank you so much for sharing your journey together with Ed. Your thoughts and wisdom have meant so much to me. I have felt so sad for both of you over the past few months. Although I have not written much lately, the two of you have been constantly in my thoughts.
Please accept my sincere condolences.
Barbara H.

Julie2 10-16-2009 04:47 PM

Marie,

I am so sorry to hear the news. It is so depressing that still there is no cure. Please take care of yourself in these difficult days.

Julie

naturaleigh 10-16-2009 05:48 PM

Marie,

I am so sorry to hear this news. My heart and prayers are with you.

He was a very lucky man, you both lived life to the fullest and there is not doubt about how much he was loved by you.

Take good care of yourself, God bless you!!

Faith in Him 10-16-2009 06:15 PM

Dear Sweet Marie,

I wish I could give you a huge hug. I can't image the pain you are in right now. I too wish I could have met Ed in person. I read your posts when I was a newbie and from you both I learned to become strong and fight my own battle. Your love story reminded me of what is truly important in this life. Thank you for sharing Ed and yourself with all of us.

I pray that you have peace and rest over the next several months. Then, when your ready, you will be gearing up to take on cancer once again for Ed and the rest of us.

Although my heart is breaking, I am relieved for Ed and rejoicing that he has won victory over cancer . His transistion into eternal life was I'm sure a glorious one.

Love you,
Tonya

sassy 10-16-2009 07:03 PM

Marie,

There are no words to express the feeling of great sadness but also great joy that Ed's passing brings. Sadness that he has gone from us, and most especially from you, but joy that Ed's fight is over and he has earned the greatest reward.

My love to you,