HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Things you didn't know about me! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40342)

Sheila 07-09-2009 05:15 AM

I was on a Girls Tug of WAR TEAM, and placed 1st in the state of Illinois (this might be a midwest thing)
So why did all that muscle turn into arm flab???

Believe51 07-09-2009 06:30 AM

Harrie, that means you will be up front with me for the picture, Darling.

Flori, ROTFL.......I am so pleased to hear that you have not killed anyone. (Still laughing)

And Brenda, I always thought we were vampires from way back. Yes, we should get more sleep and I am smiling reading your reply too.

I love you guys. Thanks for helping me to live life with the zest of sometimes forgetting about cancer.>>Believe51

Believe51 07-09-2009 06:31 AM

O I don't know Sheila.....What is this thing hanging down on my neck????>>Believe51

Colleens_Husband 07-09-2009 07:23 AM

I was in an accident when I was 32 years old and broke my back. One leg and part of my back were paralyzed. I was in a wheelchair for more than a year and was told I would never walk again. I fully recovered, mostly out of spite.

In 2005 I had an acute case of Guillain-Barre' Syndrome and was mostly paralyzed. I could still breath on my own and wiggle my toes and fingers, but other than that almost nothing worked. I recovered quickly and was able to walk without a cane after about a year.

Paralysis is a whole lot less fun than it sounds. I wouldn't recommend it. Even so, I still wouldn't trade paralysis for cancer. All of you are brave beyond words.

Believe51 07-09-2009 07:38 AM

I love pickles!!!>>Believe51

StephN 07-09-2009 11:22 AM

Marie -
What kind of pickles? Sweet, dill, cucumber chips, gherkins or another kind? Watermelon rind?

If you say Vlasics, I am going to say you are influenced by subliminal advertising!

hutchibk 07-09-2009 11:30 AM

Sweet Gherkins for me... and bread and butter pickles.

I love olives!

StephN 07-09-2009 12:52 PM

Hi Brenda -
Just knew you were a sweetie!

Are bread & butter pickles the same thing we call cucumber chips out here? My grandma in Miami Beach used to give us what she called "bread & butter pickles" and they looked and tasted like Nalley's or Farmen's (local Washington state brands). Don't recall the brand grandma had.

Terri B 07-09-2009 01:07 PM

I dabbled in the Martial Arts a couple of years back and competed in many a tournament. All after my 40th birthday! I have a room full of trophies!

Bill 07-09-2009 05:30 PM

Wow, Terri! You go, girl! I've dabbled in martial arts a little, but never competed. (Quick side story- when my son Daniel was 14 we use to "cross-train" for wrestling by stick-fighting in the garage. I made two bo-staffs and we would spar from time to time. I taught him to remain calm and centered, even while receiving blows. (No, Ladies, I did not beat him, lol). He went on to dabble in martial arts himself, and 6 years later a group of MS-13 gang-members jumped him in the front yard. These guys were 20-35 and thought he was someone else. They made a bad mistake. They called him out of the house, circled him, and ten minutes later when the cops arrived, 2 guys were still on the ground with broken bones. The others had fled, merely bruised. Daniel was still standing, unharmed. Daniel's mom, my first wife, said something like, "I guess your special workouts with him weren't such a bad idea, after all." Sorry for the rambling story)

Gerri 07-09-2009 05:41 PM

I used to be 5'7 1/4", I'm now 5'6". Not only am I lying about my weight on my driver's license, I'm lying about my height too.

'lizbeth 07-09-2009 05:45 PM

I'm 5'5" and don't want to fess up to my weight.

sassy 07-09-2009 06:33 PM

I was a cheerleader from elementary school thru college.

I'm now on my third round as a high school coach, all female now, but co-ed in the past.

As for being tall..,.,.,.,.I'm, 5' 4" and was a high jumper and ran hurdles in high school. (Didn't say how high I jumped!)

'lizbeth 07-09-2009 06:59 PM

Years ago I woke up one morning complaining I was more tired than when I went to sleep. My diabetic sister checked my blood sugar and said "Yup, you should be dead by now". It was 44.

hutchibk 07-09-2009 07:01 PM

I hand feed my cat grass. It's pretty cute.

juanita 07-09-2009 09:10 PM

i love reading!

chrisy 07-09-2009 09:55 PM

I make the best cheesecake in the 3 states

sassy 07-09-2009 10:14 PM

When can we get together, Chrisy? For cheesecake?

Believe51 07-09-2009 10:22 PM

Hey Sassafrass, if she is really a good girl I may want to share my Mother-in-Laws famous cheesecake recipe......well, a good girl and maybe a slice of her masterpiece that is.>>Believe51

.........and it is dill pickles that I love. Those and stick pretzels of course!!

alicem 07-10-2009 06:50 AM

I love stick pretzels, especially if they are first dipped into a jar of Nutella! I also love any kind of cheesecake . . . . . YUMMMMMMMMMM.

I love cycling AND watching the Tour de France - - GO LANCE!. It is great to be back on my bike again. I have ridden my bike on 4 days this past week for a total of 90 miles! The longest ride was 31 miles. I'm training for a bike ride in October where I will ride my first century ride as a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Support. Yep, 100 miles all in one day. :)