HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Progression & Toxic on Taxol, dont know whats next (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38925)

caya 04-17-2009 04:40 PM

Dear Sheila,

I am sorry to read of your progression, and of your mother's stroke. I am praying for you, thinking of you - you are an amazing warrior woman - Those pesky nodes had better watch out because the next treatment will knock'em flat.

Sheila when I first came to the board you were one of the first to welcome me and be supportive. I thank you for this.

all the best
caya

chicagoetc 04-17-2009 06:13 PM

Sheila (of her and her and her and her and her2),

What frustrating news. If there's anything we can do, let us know. You're a pioneer...and it sounds like some of the women on this thread know of further options, potentially promising.

Still, wish you could have had a bigger/longer break.

Looking forward to seeing/eating/meeting with you again...! Hope you can take it easy and not fret too much.

Praying for good things headed your way,
Melanie

Joan M 04-18-2009 03:33 AM

Sheila,

I'm sorry to hear about your progression but I agree that you've gotten two years out of the Taxol, which is really good considering its side effects, and there will be another treatment for you. I hope you'll be able to get in to the T-DM1 trial.

You've shown tremendous strength and God will give you more.

Also, love your photo.

Hugs,

Joan

Sheila 04-19-2009 05:19 AM

Thank you all so much for your love and support....I know that the best knowledge is right here....you have been there. Of course I am nervous not knowing what the next course will be, but I am finding that each day without Taxol, the shortness of breath improves...and physically I am feeling better, even if those nodes are acting up...guess I was getting Toxic on Taxol....
I am enjoying this brief but needed chemo vacation, and thinking positive thoughts for the next regime....
Thank you all for being there.....
I truly am surrounded by love, and I am blessed to have each of you in my life.

Believe51 04-19-2009 09:38 PM

Sheila, I am pleased that you are feeling stronger and know in my heart that this is what you need to begin the next treatment. Gather your strength Dearheart and keep those positive thoughts flowing. I am right with you for what you want and you so deserve and I am thinking that it is time to move on to the new regime for those nodes. May the next recipe give you a longer result even though the Taxol did a great job. Sending you a big hug! Lots of Love.>>Believe51

chrisy 04-20-2009 11:21 AM

Sheila,
Glad to hear that your body is taking the opportunity to regain some strength. When you feel better, you will be able to fight better. I continue to wrap you in love and prayers and hope.

Much love
Chris