HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   PROGRESSION: lung +++ ?brain mets -> Palliative Care (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35025)

hermiracles 08-10-2008 10:19 AM

You friends truely are amazing. I feel overwhelmed and grateful.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Believe51 08-13-2008 12:51 PM

Just ME

.....checking up on YOU. Remaining in my thoughts as you beat the living daylights out of thise mets>>Believe51

Jackie07 08-13-2008 04:26 PM

About paliative care

That was indeed a very, very well-written message. Thank you, Hermiracle, for your grace and for sharing.

Incidentally, my family had some encountering with paliative care recently also. My Mother-in-law, who has been in the nursing for over two years because of Alzheimer's, has been under hospice care for a couple of months. Not because she was dying, according to the hospice nurse, but because it is free and and provides her better care.

About 10 days ago, we were told that she was going downhills fast. I went and stayed with her in the nursing home Monday and Tuesday. She ate some lunch with my assist Monday. But she couldn't get anything down except very little jelled liquid during supper and lunch next day. She was having problem swallowing. When one and then two of her eyes got 'clouded', I thought the end was indeed near.

We went back home and grabbed our dresses and suits before going back Wednesday. Jack's two siblings also made the 3-4 hour trip. But my Mother-in-law was actually doing a lot better. It took me a while to convince everyone else that she was on her way back.

It turned out that she had had a mini stroke. The blood vessel must have made some kind of bypass because her blood pressure had come down from 198/98 to 117/67. And she was talking and eating like her normal self.

Miracle does happen. Doesn't matter how some people view it, we were there and we are happy for having witnessed the dramatic comeback of a wonderful, wonderful person.

christie 08-16-2008 09:13 AM

Dear Hermiracles,

You are not going anywhere, you have to be there for your little miracles. If among all these difficulties, God has blessed you with these little darlings, it means he wants you to enjoy these blessings, he wont rob your happiness away.

please discuss with your onc what all our friends have suggested here, it will surely help you.

I am praying for you and i believe God will totaly heal you.I will be going for my chemo on Monday, once i am back i am going to fast and pray for you, I strongly believe he will make everything alright.

what is your full name, please tell me, how old are the babies?

God bless you.

love
christie

tricia keegan 08-16-2008 01:13 PM

Hermiracles you have a beautiful family and a wonderful reason to fight. I'm so glad the ladies could help with advice for you and just want to send my love and best wishes to you.

hermiracles 08-18-2008 02:18 PM

Thanks so much for checking in on me folks ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Feel like Im doing OK - had some extra pain over the weekend but the PC nurses suggested increasing the dose - so up it went.

Feel like Im eating better and looking after myself a bit better and the bubbas are doing great! Just for today - life is good! Oh and Christie my babies are 16 months old and the light of my life and my real name is Marilyn! :-))

Hope I find out today when I start on me Tykerb/Xeloda - hopefully ASAP!

It's good to catch up.
Blessings
Marilyn ~ Hermiracles

Mary Anne in TX 08-18-2008 04:02 PM

Hey Marilyn!
Thank you for catching us up on how you feel and that you're having a good day! Please let us know when you find out about the X & T. Your little miracles are incredible. I think of you and them so often and send a prayer and a smile your way. What a joy they must be. Lots of love headed down under.....ma

Jackie07 08-18-2008 04:17 PM

Marilyn,

So good to hear from you and that you are doing better.
I think the two miracles help boost your endorphine and help your immune system... For a childless, barren woman like me, I 'envy' you... (Nah, just 'happy' for you...)

Believe51 08-23-2008 06:24 AM

My day...

..is being spent at the computer I try not to touch for the weekends. Thinking about you and sending you more love. Kiss those little mates and tell 'em Believe sends love and giant smoochies from across the world!!>>Believe51

harrie 08-31-2008 01:26 AM

Hi!

Hey Marilyn....just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? Please give your two little ones a kiss from me, Aunty Maryanne.

Mary Jo 08-31-2008 08:04 AM

Hi Marilyn,

Thought of you today and want to tell you that I send prayers for Peace and Joy today. I hope you feel those emotions and my love from across the miles.

Love to you and those adorable bubba's

Mary Jo

hermiracles 08-31-2008 08:24 AM

Thanks for thinking of me Mary Jo - and everyone - you know it all makes a difference.

I mentioned in a post in the Tykerb threads that I will be starting Tykerb soon - but I have to go back and complete a course of Epirubicin - which I didnt complete when my hip broke from mets - last year. Bit of an obstacle course but we'll get there!

Feeling OK in myself and my pain is well-controlled - which seems to be helping a lot!

Blessings all
Hermiracles

jones7676 08-31-2008 07:15 PM

Hermiracles- Do not lose hope!

You can have this treated and live on.

It is a bummer you have to face this set back, but you are strong and an inspiration to many of us.

I believe you will be ok.

Stay positive and keep the faith.