HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   oh my goodness (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29292)

Sheila 07-25-2007 09:35 AM

Joy to the World

Oh Joy
This is amazing.....and you are so deserving of that magic combo......heres to holding and cuddling with lots and lots of grandchildren for you!!!!!
You bring tears of joy to many with your good news!

mke 07-25-2007 09:36 AM

Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!!!

Cynthia 07-25-2007 11:02 AM

Joy,

We are all in this together. A victory for one is a victory for all. We are all rooting you on.

Congratulations, and may you continue to be healthy and Joy-ful for decades to come.

Cynthia

Esther 07-25-2007 06:43 PM

Wow Joy, that is awesome. Tykerb/Xeloda is really shaping up to be a winning combination.

Jean 07-25-2007 06:58 PM

Love it....

Oh Joy I am so deeply happy to hear your news...
It is so thrilling to know your treatment is doing exactly what
we all want it to do!

God Bless,
Jean

sassy 07-25-2007 07:19 PM

OH JOY!

What wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope thrives!
________
Live Sex

rentrac 07-25-2007 07:31 PM

YAHOOOO! I am so happy for you. Your news lifted my spirits so much, as I'm on the combo after finding 5 mets in my right lung 3 weeks ago. We've dropped the Herceptin, but finding those mets right after having Cyberknife in May for a medistinal met that had sprouted from the "ashes" of last summer's radiation for similar nodes, as well as having Gamma Knife in April for 2 brain mets... well it all left me a bit glum. Your news makes me feel so much more optimistic. Thanks for sharing!

MichelleH 07-25-2007 09:13 PM

Thank you for your posting!

Joy,

That is wonderful news girl! I am so glad to hear this for you. I too am my doctors first patient on this combo. I just started my 3rd round & we will rescan in about 3 wks. Unfortunitly I will be losing him as a doctor (he is moving to Chicago) and he will not be able to watch any of my progress after the end of August.
Thank you for the update, it gives the rest of us hope.
Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Michelle

madubois63 07-26-2007 04:55 AM

Joy - I have a GREAT BIG SMILE on my face just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, please get Lupron shots to stop the period! My period came back on tamoxifen, and I wasn't able to remove the overies for several reasons. I get the shot once every three months and it just takes away such worry.

Colleen007 07-26-2007 08:03 AM

Being a fellow stage 4 person (who also turned 40 this year), I LOVE reading news like this! The Herceptin has not failed me yet, but your post leaves me with so much hope for the "next weapon in the arsenal". I have been scared of what will happen when the Herceptin stops working because I have a great husband and a 7 year old and an almost 2 year old that need me. The Tykerb results that I have seen on this board give me hope that living to see 50 may not be such a crazy thought! Have a great day!

Soccermom 07-26-2007 08:19 AM

WONDERFUL,WONDERFUL Joy...so happy for you,Love Marcia

Emelie 07-26-2007 10:23 AM

Great News

So glad to hear things are going your way!
Keep on smiling!
Emelie

tricia keegan 07-26-2007 01:35 PM

Joy I could'nt be happier for you and many congratulations,I hope you continue to do so well and ned before you know it!

mamacze 08-15-2007 01:10 PM

Good grief! How could I have missed this one?

Dear Joy...Here you are soaring through the wind lifted up on the wings of a wonderful, better-than-expected report; and how thrilled I am to log on after a small absence to read such good news. When one of our sisters is happy....everyone is happy! Thank you for sharing such an uplifting report!
Love Kim from CT

karen raines hunt 08-15-2007 01:18 PM

Great news, Joy.

Karen

Shad 08-15-2007 05:24 PM

I am thrilled for you and inspired by our/your optimism. We are all so lucky to be on the cusp of meaningful advances in the treatment of our disease. Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress.
Shad