HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ~A Children And Grandchildren Thread~To Make Us Smile (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38562)

StephN 05-18-2009 10:26 PM

Grand # 3 today!

Grandson number 3 arrived TODAY! Poor daughter-in-law tried SO hard, but things got a bit dicey and they made the call to go with the cesarian. Good thing they did as the umbillical cord was twice around the little tyke's neck.

I know I have nothing on Jeanette or Savta with their family numbers, but this was especially nice as they chose to honor grandpa (my hubby) and use his name for the new baby boy.

I will post a photo once I GET one! So far, their Facebook page doesn't even have one. Guess they had run out of gas by now.

I am sure he will be a little heartbreaker like the others I see here!

Believe51 05-18-2009 11:36 PM

What, no Facebook picture yet?? Go figure (smiling).

Congratulations Steph and what a honor to have them use your husbands name. Cannot wait for his introduction to his extended family.>>Believe51

WomanofSteel 05-19-2009 05:16 AM

Wonderful news! Can't wait to see the little man!

StephN 05-19-2009 01:38 PM

Family pic

1 Attachment(s)
Hi and thanks for the congrats!
Facebook had a pic this morning and inbox with several.

Weighed in at 7.1 pounds and 18 inches long. How about that profile? Like his papa's!

WomanofSteel 05-19-2009 01:48 PM

What a gorgeous family! Big congrats!

Believe51 05-19-2009 01:54 PM

Oh yes, I do see the makings of a heartbreaker, Steph....hehehe! He is gorgeous and the picture is priceless. Thanks for introducing the little guy to us, it has refreshed me and I so wish you could see the smile on my face. What a cutie!!>>Believe51

juanita 05-19-2009 04:00 PM

congratulations!

Sheila 05-20-2009 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Believe, your little Tia is precious
Congrats Steph on the new little edition, what a handsome little guy....
Juanita, I love what you said about having grandchildren first...thats the truth....
My little Maura..I call her the Irish Princess, was just in her cousin Zakia's wedding

Joe 05-20-2009 09:47 AM

See my post from yesterday about our photo album.

Regards
Joe

Terri B 05-20-2009 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my relay for life team!
Top row is my husband, Keith, My sister, Lisa, my youngest, Alex, My Mom, Lynda, Me, My grandson, Damon, and My oldest, Maria.
Second row is friends, Erica, Melissa, my neice (preggy) Tracy and my son, Jimmy (who just shipped off to basic training)

Believe51 06-13-2009 04:57 PM

Tia got a haircut, well a trim. At first I panicked over the phone because she has long, gorgeous hair. That was until she described the process. Did you know that they put sparkles in her hair??>>Believe51

sassy 06-14-2009 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another milestone I was around to see! He was an 8th grader when I was dx'd!

Believe51 06-14-2009 08:16 PM

Awesome that you posted this seperate because I was looking to comment on the gorgeous picture. I also needed a place to congratulate both him and you. So kudos for the entire family for experiencing the pleasures of watching our children grow and graduate, not just from school but into adulthood. I am so happy that I could share with you the wonderous moments in your life. You deserve only precious milestones and memories that outweigh anything else but. Lots of love.>>Believe51

Terri B 06-15-2009 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So Friends,

My Grandson, Damon, Just turned 6 months on June 1 and guess who's pregnant again?!?

I wonder how THAT happened???? :D

Believe51 06-15-2009 09:05 AM

We must find a way to touch through the computer. Maybe it is best that we cannot because I would be pinching those cheeks. What a cutie, Terri!!>>Believe51

Terri B 06-15-2009 09:11 AM

Yep, Marie and BOY is he a flirt! ;)

Believe51 07-01-2009 09:56 AM

My son just called as he does during every bad storm and blizzard. Jason needed to know that I was at home safe and sound. He told me to stay in and he would check in later.....so much for sneaking out of the house (lol). I think he would have a fit if I told him I was just outside enjoying the rain and tremendous thunder and lightening. Sorry Jase.>>Believe51

Believe51 07-08-2009 11:38 AM

Tia went to my Mom's house which is right up the street from us. She and her Daddy helped Grandma Madeline rake, trim bushes, treat Dogwood trees and roses, and cut grass. Tia really gave Mom a run for her money with the help she gave and all with a smile. This child has always been so interested in helping rather than playing when she visits. We do the normal craft projects and make-believe but for the most part she just loves to help us. Grandpa Ed in her eyes is not sick, he just needs a little more help than others. Deep down she knows he is ill and I simply adore how she makes him feel alive.

I think that our next visit will include a fancy dinner for the whole lot of us. Tia loves to cook and bake with me and sometimes I am so unsure where my patience comes from. I just love the small person she is and enjoy watching her morph into this vibrant and charming young lady.>>Believe51

Believe51 08-14-2009 10:14 PM

Re: ~A Children And Grandchildren Thread~To Make Us Smile

Reflecting on the phone call I got earlier, Tia called just to tell me she loves me. Earlier this week she visited and what a day. As I poured her a beverage she had her tiny arms crossed on the counter and out of the blue...."Grandma, the more I get to know you, the more I love you. You know, you said that I cheer you up....well, Grandma Marie, you cheer Meee up"! I know that life with her just keeps getting more special and I could not be happier. Grandma loves T.>>Believe51

I cannot believe she is 5 1/2, where does that time go??

StephN 08-19-2009 06:22 PM

Re: ~A Children And Grandchildren Thread~To Make Us Smile

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone -

Well, here is the reason I have not been spending my normal amount of time on this site. Got multiple distractions in the form of family, but this is the BIGGEST one. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif
Yes, flirt and heartbreaker already at 3 months. He tried to roll over on the living room floor today.