HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bad Pet. I need you. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53271)

gdpawel 02-25-2012 08:33 PM

Re: Bad Pet. I need you.

Development

CoolBreeze 02-25-2012 09:19 PM

Michka,

I am sorry I didn't see this until now. I have - many times - seen women with mets even larger than yours end up NED on chemo. So, please don't give up yet. There is still hope.

I can't advise you on treatment in France but surely you can try other chemos. Navelbine, Halavan, Xyloda? Is tykerb available where you are?

If your doctor doesn't give you options, find another who will, for there are options. If the French system doesn't let you switch, well, break the system and do it anyway.

Big hugs to you. You have lots left to do. And, congratulations to your son coming out of addiction - I hope he continues. I agree with Bonnie. I have parents who have been substance abusers all my life and my mother is dead from it and my father not doing well. The thing is, they have to face reality and learn a different way to cope. So, please don't protect him from any news but tell him that he can cope without drugs.

Many hugs from me.

Paty 02-25-2012 09:31 PM

Hugs and prayers for you Michka. Hoping a right treatment is found soon for you. Keep up the faith.

sarah 02-26-2012 01:02 AM

Michka,
You do not seem to have a good support group at present. Please be in touch with me. I am part of a support group here in Mougins at the Tzanck group, Centre Aszureen du Cancerologie and we have two wonderful psychologists in our team and the head nurse for chemo. We have a lovely French woman who is a very active and caring member - I mention this assuming you are French and of course I am always available also.
While I can't give you any medical advice, I can help you research things or at least listen to your worries and let you speak about things that you seem to prefer not to talk or worry your companion or son with.
also of course you have people on this website there to help you also with support and medical experiences and knowledge.
I believe that your son may take this as an opportunity to help someone and that might just be what he needs to get out of his troubles. People can surprise you positively sometimes.
Don't try to solve all of this by yourself. You are not alone and shouldn't be.
call me, skype me or email me
hugs and love
Sarah
ps which hospital are you at in Paris? who's your oncologist?

Ceesun 02-26-2012 04:45 PM

Michka, J'en suis desolee mais vous allez trouver une solution avec votre medecin.

C'est tres difficile, je sais, et moi, J'ai peur mais il faut continuer, nest-ce pas?! Sincerement, Ceesun

Mary Jo 02-26-2012 06:57 PM

Consider yourself hugged from me too. I'm so sorry Michka. Although I have no advice or suggestions, there are many here who do! Prayers for you Michka.

Mary Jo

Delaney 02-29-2012 05:09 AM

Thinking of you michka, lots of love.

schoonder 03-28-2012 05:07 PM

Michka,
Roche in April is planning to start a new T-DM1 trial in Brussels; particulars via link:
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...m=t-dm1&rank=3

caya 04-04-2012 05:35 AM

Bumping this up , hoping from an update from our dear Michka.

Michka, comment ca va?

all the best
caya

KDR 04-04-2012 01:16 PM

Michka is o.k., I've heard from her. I'm sure she'll be posting soon. Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Karen

caya 04-04-2012 02:06 PM

Thanks Karen.

yes Michka, come out, come out!!

xoxo
all the best
caya

fullofbeans 04-04-2012 02:11 PM

yes I too heard from Michka a little while go she is going to the trial TDM1 teresa and yet does not know what she will be randomised to until the 11th Ap.. and get treatment then if things have not changed since then..

We are a bit on the same boat randomisation is such a hard thing to go through.

My thoughts are with her and us all..

michka 04-04-2012 10:53 PM

Oh thank you for thinking of me!
I am waiting waiting waiting and I am fighting to get in the TDM1 Teresa trial in the south of France. I will know on the 11th if I am in the right arm. I had to do a scan, a brain mri, a bone scan, a heart echo all over again and they asked for slides from my last liver operation so they could check the HER2 status. They have to send the slides to Germany although I have all the pathology reports from Institut Gustave Roussy, one of the biggest cancer center in France. All this is very long. Too long.
I am not very well and my liver is letting me down little by little. I have pain, I cannot eat very well and now I have itching all over. I don't know what to do about the itching. I hope I will be in the TDM1 arm because I believe in it and also because I think my liver will not take a harder chemo. I felt so bad for Kelly who was not accepted in the TDM1 arm. There is no crossover in this trial. This is not right. I am not giving up but all this process is crazy for women who need a treatment. I figure they think we are already lost but we know here that we can hold out a long time with a sequence of different treatments. At least I hope....
Love to all. I will post next week to tell you if I am in the TDM1 arm.
Michka

sarah 04-04-2012 11:52 PM

Hello Michelle,
Thanks for updating us as others have stated there are other chemos as well but I know we will all be hoping with all our hearts that you are accepted in the TDM-1 side.
hope all is going well with your family.
Have you mentioned the itching to your doctor? I had terrible itching skin from the chemo and Herceptin, the best thing seemed to be calamine lotion for me but it does dry out the skin. None of the dermatologists I saw gave me anything (cortisone cream) that helped and eventually it got so bad I had an exzema like condition and sores. Can you take Benadryl or something like that? ask your doctor and maybe try the calamine lotion.
hugs and love
sarah

Pray 04-05-2012 04:46 AM

Michka, Please know I am always hoping and praying for you. I do hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Peace,

Nancy

greenacres 04-05-2012 07:20 AM

I'm so sorry about these results Michka...my heart goes out to you. I'm sure there are plenty of options available to you, this is the best place for support and I'm sure there are many, many people here who can offer you ideas and suggestions as to the next steps you could try to conquer this beast. I'm in tears for you, I'm so sorry. Stay strong as best you can and lean on your family and friends for support and encouragement. Hugs to you.