HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our Dear Friend Kate Got Her Wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33849)

Yorkiegirl 05-05-2008 05:19 PM

I have been so sad with a heavy heart since I read this morning about Kate, that I couldn't even post.

Kate's family will be in prayers during this most difficult time. I know God will wrap his arms around them and give them comfort.

Thank you Karla for keeping us posted. My prayers to you as well.

Paty 05-05-2008 06:19 PM

Terribly sad by the news. Never leave us alone Kate, help us all through this struggle. My condolences go to Kate's family.

LAURIE 05-05-2008 06:44 PM

My heart is aching. I am really going to miss her. Kate and I talked a lot about our similar diagnosis. She really gave me great advice on my lymphedema. We also talked about how she lives so close to my brother. I am going to see if my brother can go to calling hours for me. I remember crying when she posted that she was now stage 4. I cried then I am now too. I was glad when she changed her picture. The first one had a glow (bright light) behind it, and now I know it was an angel testing her wings. Kate is now my angel. WOW this really hurts. Thank you Kate and her family. Thank you LORD for bringing such an angel in our lives.

Cannon 05-05-2008 06:53 PM

This is the good and the bad of being part of this community - we are blessed to meet all these incredible people, and we lose some of them all too often. Kate's love and spirit will be with us all. My most sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Rebecca

Sherryg683 05-05-2008 07:06 PM

I am just so sorry and heartbroken. There are too many warriers that have passed away recently. Things are quiet for awhile and then this...my prayers are with her family and friends..sherryg683

Joan M 05-05-2008 07:21 PM

Karla,

Please give my sincere condolences to Kate's family.

Thank you for keeping us updated about Kate. You're a wonderful friend to her!

I will miss Kate very much.

Joan

Lori R 05-05-2008 08:07 PM

Where to begin? How do I thank Kate who offered words of encouragement during my darkest moment? Kate, who provided advice and endless support for all of us making our way through this journey.

Kate, be our guide. I know we can count on you.

I wish your family peace and I serenity here on this earth. Love, Lori

Chelee 05-05-2008 10:58 PM

I saw this post earlier and just could not reply at the time through the tears. We have had too much bad news lately and this is just another heart breaker. Kate was such a kind & compassionate person that tried to be there for everyone. If there was anyway she thought she could help someone she did without a second thought. She gave so much of herself here.

Not a day would go by that I would come to this board & see that Kate was always the first person to reply to every new post. She made sure the newcomers felt welcome the minute they posted if she could. She was almost always the 1st one to reply to each & every post. I feel like she was the her2's boards professional greeter. This is such a sad lost and her presents will certainly be missed. I feel so blessed to of known her but her absents is painful. With my deepest sympathy to her family & friends.

Chelee

SoCalGal 05-05-2008 11:22 PM

I just don't know what I can possibly say yet I am compelled to write. My deepest condolences to Kate's family and friends on this very sad news. Flori

AbbyDawg 05-05-2008 11:23 PM

We will never forget you, Kate ....

Well done, good and faithful servant ....

God bless us ... every one.

Leslie's sister 05-06-2008 04:54 AM

so sorry

It is hard for me to respond here. I know that this can be a part of this awful disease but honestly I cling so much to the positives..... the miracle drug Herceptin, the health and life that is projected here...... and when a beloved sister becomes an angel, well, it is so hard. The reality of what this cancer might still do is overwhelming. I will miss Kate as I miss so many other beautiful sisters. Thank you so much Karla for keeping us posted. Please give her family my condolences and tell them how blessed we have been to have known her.

schoolteacher 05-06-2008 06:19 AM

I could not post yesterday because I was so sad about Kate. The night before my surgery she called me to offer words of encouragement. The morning of my surgery she called me at 5:17 a.m. to make sure I was not coming to the hospital by myself. The afternoon after I got out of surgery she walked to my room to make sure I was doing o.k. I will miss her.

Amelia

lexigirl 05-06-2008 10:01 AM

Please accept my sympathies for the loss of our dear Kate. I don't have any words right now. Kate will always be close by. I am grateful that she is at peace.

Love,
Lexi

ElaineM 05-06-2008 02:14 PM

Kate

Hi,
I am very sorry to hear about Kate. She will be missed at our "her2 club." Sympathy to her family.

Ruth 05-07-2008 07:02 AM

I just mailed dear Kate a note last Saturday and was so frightened that she wouldn't be able to read it....this is just heartbreaking. I don't know what to say. She didn't seem to have a chance on trying new treatments with all of the complications.
I know she is an angel watching us and cheering us on. She was such a sweetie and will be missed greatly. Life is hard to understand at times like this.

Patb 05-07-2008 02:04 PM

So sad, so sad, just away a few days and much bad
news. God bless Kates family.
patb

Kavy 05-07-2008 08:54 PM

I talked with Kate's daughter, and she said her Memorial Service will be tomorrow, Thursday, May 8th, at 10:00 AM ET, at Saint Joseph Church, Murrieta, Georgia.

Take care, and God bless you all.
KarlaV.

hutchibk 05-07-2008 09:45 PM

Do you know where we can send cards or donations in her name (of course to Her2support.org, but does the family have other charities also?)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Karla.

I will wear my green tennis shoes in honor of Kate tomorrow... (a tradition that started with the heart wrenching loss of our dear Sandy...)

Mary Jo 05-08-2008 04:06 AM

Thank you Karla....I will be with them all in prayer and spirit tomorrow.

God's comfort I pray for you sweet Karla,

Mary Jo

Catherine 05-08-2008 11:00 AM

wings for Kate

My condolences to Kate's dear family. I have been out of town, and just signed on to learn about Kate. There are so many beautiful posts for our dear Kate. I hope she hears them. We all loved her and we will all miss her.

With tears, Catherine