HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scans/echo today...PRAYERS welcome (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56825)

dawny 12-14-2012 03:52 PM

Re: Scans/echo today...PRAYERS welcome

Fantastic news Denise, let's her the second bit of good news now also!

Dawn

Pamelamary 12-14-2012 05:42 PM

We are all hanging in for you Denise, waiting for news. You are strong, and I am sure you will be able to cope with whatever happens.
Cyber hugs..... Pam

europa 12-14-2012 08:03 PM

I am so relieved and so happy for you. I'm sure you are breathing a little easier right now. You continue to be in my prayers.

karen z 12-14-2012 10:06 PM

Sounding good. Also hoping for more of the same.
Best,

twosenuf99 12-15-2012 12:30 PM

Glad your first part was good news. Thinking about you. Hoping for more good news..

Ceesun 12-15-2012 04:25 PM

Denise, Your posts are so honest and heartfelt --you are such a sweetheart. As I post this I hope your tests are done and all good!! I admire that you and Barb H are both teachers and continue to teach with what you are dealing with. You are so right that the minute you walk thru that classroom door, it all starts, students, grades, administration,lesson plans, committee work, parents, you know the drill!! See, I was a middle school teacher for exactly 31.8 years and I worked while Stage 4 until I had to have a mastectomy (prior lumpectomy) that was when I decided I had to make my change to retirement. So I am in your corner... and especially as a fellow educator.... in these tragic few days. Hugs, Ceesun

NEDenise 12-16-2012 09:24 PM

Friends,
You are all so sweet. I still did not hear about the CT - chest abdomen, and pelvis - but I've been distracted by a bulging disk in my lower back...and the accompanying shooting pain! Never a dull moment around here! ;)

After all the steroids following the Gamma...and the weight gain...and the puffy face...I swore I would never again take steroids unless my life depended on it. Well, let me tell you...when they told me that steroids might make the pain in my back and legs go down...I couldn't swallow them fast enough! OOOOOOOUUUCH! Steph, I know, you know exactly what I mean! I think that once I get all this cancer BS under control again, it's time to get this disk fixed once and for all.

As soon as I hear from the onc tomorrow...I'll let you all know what I know. Thanks for checking in and sending your love!
Denise

karen z 12-16-2012 09:30 PM

Dear Denise,
Let us know. In the meantime I hope the back pain has lessened with the steroids.
Take care,
karen z

NanaJoni 12-16-2012 09:52 PM

Denise - so sorry you've had to deal with the disc problem on top of everything else. And I've been praying hard to hear good news on your scans (along with all the others here). On the steroids - I said the same thing-until I couldn't breathe or walk to the bathroom without stopping for a rest. Now I'm going to be taking 5 mg prednisone for life but it makes life so much better and keeps my little lung problem from progressing. (even though my youngest grandson kissed me one day, then leaned back and said "Nana, you are furry". - just a little extra facial hair from the steroids.) So we do what we must. You have made so many of my bad days better with your spirit and joyous attitude.

NEDenise 12-17-2012 02:51 PM

Hey Friends!
Just got the call...
CT of Chest, abdomen and pelvis all clear!!!
Yay!!
Hooray!
Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks for hanging with me while I waited! And thanks for all the kind words! Joni...your grandson sounds absolutely precious!
And thanks for the votes of confidence for my little brain! She's very flattered, I'm sure. I just hope praise doesn't make brains swell the way it does some people's heads! That would mean more steroids AAAAAAAHHH! :)

Next brain MRI is on January 8th!
Keepin' the faith!
Remembering to breathe!
And hoping my back stops hurting soon!! Listen to me! Already complaining about something new! Sheesh! Some people want it all! ;)
Love to everyone!
Denise

Pamelamary 12-17-2012 03:00 PM

Wonderful news, Denise!
Happy Christmas to you.... Pam

ammebarb 12-17-2012 03:02 PM

Denise, that is absolutely fantastic news! Have just been waiting to hear those words! Yes, Merry Christmas to you ! And now, I hope the back feels better very soon. You made my day!

Barb A.

karen z 12-17-2012 03:07 PM

Many many congratulations to you !

LeahM 12-17-2012 03:42 PM

Yay! Fantastic news! Merry Christmas and here is to a Happy and Healthy New Year!
oxo

caya 12-17-2012 04:00 PM

I am THRILLED for you Denise!! Thanks for sharing this good news, we really could use it on this board these days...

Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family.

all the best
caya

Laurel 12-17-2012 06:07 PM

You keep that faith, Girlfriend. Thank you for the Christmas joy! We needed good news! Keep it coming, Lord!

NanaJoni 12-17-2012 06:10 PM

Yea! Yea! Hooray!. Been waiting for this good news all day and so glad to hear it. Next the back problem - hope that will ease up soon. Thanks for letting us know and we'll be saying prayers for January, too.

Bunty 12-17-2012 06:12 PM

Woo hoo! Yeehah!! You beauty (that's an Aussie one thrown in)!!! So happy for you Denise - I can see you jumping up and down right now, despite that damn bulging disc.
Merry Christmas to you, your lovely family, and that wonderful brain of yours!
Cheers Marie

LoisLane 12-17-2012 06:16 PM

Hi Denise so happy with all your good news. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and
a happy healthy New Year Lois

chekmark 12-17-2012 06:22 PM

Best news ever. So happy for you. I had a microdiscectomy about 10 years ago for a herniation. So andeasy and pretty painless. I have another one but no sx yet. One hurdle at a time.