HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers For Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49507)

Delaney 04-06-2011 12:29 PM

Re: Prayers For Sheila

So pleased to hear things are improving for Sheila, she is so supportive of us all here on this website. Very best wishes.

tricia keegan 04-06-2011 12:50 PM

I did'nt get online today so just seeing this news now, Jenn thank you for the regular updates and I'm glad to know Sheila is feeling a little better now the tube is out, adding my prayers to all those going up for her and all the Irish luck I can muster!!! :) xx

Jen 04-06-2011 12:56 PM

Just talked to Mom and told her about all your love and prayers and to be strong and get better. Mom asked me if I had called Dr. Hammerberg's office and cancelled Jazzy's doctor appointment for tomorrow (Mom was going to take us up there Thursday). That is how my Mom is always thinking of others around her even at a time like this. She is truly an amazing woman and an inspiration to all of us. Mom also told me she really wants to get out of the ICU. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers so she can get what she wants.
Jen

Midwest Alice 04-06-2011 01:32 PM

Thank you Jen, I just got on to hear the news. God works in great ways. Glad your mom is better. Sending up prayers.

Mary L 04-06-2011 01:53 PM

Jen, so happy to hear that Mom is feeling so well that she wants to get out of ICU. That is so wonderful and she is such a wonderful, inspirational women. She is in my prayers. Mary L

caya 04-06-2011 01:53 PM

Thanks for your updates Jen. So glad to hear that your Mom is doing better. Hopefully she will get out of ICU ASAP, when she is well enough.

all the best
caya

Emelie B 04-06-2011 02:05 PM

My prayers and positive thoughts are on their way. She is such a fighter and I know she will be out of the ICU soon.
Thank you so much for keeping us updated.
Praying for a strong recovery,
Emelie

Barbara H. 04-06-2011 02:54 PM

Hi Jen,
Please tell Sheila that my thoughts are with her. She was such a help to me when I was having issues having my Tykerb approved. She is inspirational and such a support to this group.
Best,
Barbara H.

tricia keegan 04-06-2011 04:11 PM

Jenn,

Your Mom has been a wonderful inspiration to me too and I'm very fond of her and hope she's back home very soon.x

Patty F 04-06-2011 05:33 PM

Jen
Thank you for all the updates and your mom is always in my prayers.

LoisLane 04-06-2011 05:34 PM

Sending a prayer and many many positive thoughts for Sheila and her family. Sheila you are incredibly strong and are an inspiration to us all. Keep strong, you will again fight back and overcome. Lois.

lkc Gumby 04-06-2011 06:28 PM

just logging in to read all what's happening w/Sheila. I am so happy to hear she is rebounding. i will keep her in my prayers that she continues to improve.

Joanna J 04-06-2011 06:51 PM

Jen,Keeping you all in my prayers,Hoping for a speedy recovery,Joanna

chrisy 04-06-2011 07:04 PM

Jen
Thanks for the update. I know your mom well as we've been roomies on San Antonio a couple of times - and I "helped" her Christmas shop there this year. Sheila is always in my thoughts - really all the time. I love her so much and will be calling on all the prayer warriors now

Much much love
Chris

Laurel 04-06-2011 07:23 PM

Just like a nurse to want out of the ICU! Tell your ma that I totally love her and just know she is gonna kick this newest "event" aside. Will keep praying. Much relief that she is responding so well. Now the question of what caused things. The chemo? It can bring on ARDS. The Halaven was going so well hoping it was not the cause. Need our Sheila kicking butt and taking prisoners!

sassy 04-06-2011 07:32 PM

Jen,

Please tell your Mom that I have had her in my thoughts and prayers since Laurel e-mailed. Sheila is my "visual" miracle since San Antonio when we literally watched her skin mets receding on Halaven. Hope she can feel all the love and strength being sent her way.

chrisy 04-06-2011 08:08 PM

jen
I posted late because I haven't been online and wanted to add my prayers immediately. Now that I'm on a real computer and able to have read all the updates, I'm glad to see that things are looking up. Intensive care, intensive prayer...can only imagine how glad your mom was to get the breathing tube out!

Sheila, never give up.

Much love
Chris h2b sister

Jen 04-06-2011 08:10 PM

Talked to Mom again tonight she said the team at Rush didn't think it was ARDS but all this could have been caused by blood pressure. It is truly heart warming to see all the love you guys have for my Mom. She knows that all of you are lifting her up in your thoughts and prayers and said you guys were a wonderful group that is very special to her. I am hoping she is well enough to come on here soon to see all the out pouring of love, prayers and concern you have for her. I can't thank you enough for all the love, prayers and kind words you have given to us at this time. As always continue to lift her up with your love and prayers as it DOES make a difference!!
Jennifer

Jean 04-06-2011 08:47 PM

Jen,
I have not been on the board the last few days and just reading about your Mother....I was upset but as I read along the thread, the tube was out, she is progressing, a sigh of relief was felt.

As you already know your Mother is a very special lady,
one who never ever complains, is always positive and is a true leader to many of us.

Prayers will be said and please tell she is deeply loved.
Jean

ElaineM 04-06-2011 10:29 PM

I am so glad Sheila is doing better. I have been praying.