HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Caryn is an angel now (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40360)

IRENE FROM TAMPA 07-09-2009 11:46 AM

I am so sorry Eric

This news breaks my heart to hear and like so many on this site - I send you and your family my prayers.

I hate this disease

Barbara H. 07-09-2009 12:11 PM

Your Angel

Dear Eric,
From the very first time I read your posts I was so impressed with your compassionate care and willingness to give everything in your power to Caryn and to help her in her recovery. Caryn will still continue to be a part of you and your children. All that she gave to you will stay with you.

Nevertheless, my heart just breaks for you, and I was so sad to open this forum and read your message. Thank you for thinking of us during such a difficult time, because all of our thoughts have been with you, Caryn and your children.

Yes, you will worry about your children, but the care you will give them, and the memories and stories you will tell them will help them the rest of their lives. I have had students in my class who have lost parents. Of course it's hard, but with you as their father, and with the support from friends and family they will make it and become strong and caring individuals.

Still, my thoughts remain with you and your family, and it is impossible for me to really comprehend how hard it must be for you.

With heartfelt thoughts,
Barbara H.

Chelee 07-09-2009 12:43 PM

Eric, My heart breaks for you & your childern. Caryn fought so hard, and was so blessed to have such a loving & dedicated husband by her side.

My deepest condolences to you & your family.

Chelee

chrisy 07-09-2009 12:49 PM

Eric,

I just wanted to add, I hope you do find it within you to continue to be part of this forum - it is such a gift to us. Please lean on us as much as you want or need to because we love you and would do anything we can to support you.

Your first priority is yourself and your kids; you must of course focus on what is most important to your own needs. Post here as you feel you can, but mainly do whatever is necessary to care for yourself, including taking time away from "this" family if that serves you best. We'll be here if you need us.

We love you.
Chris

michka 07-09-2009 12:51 PM

Dear Eric. I am so sad and you are so brave. I will always remember Caryn's fight and the way you were besides her. My heart is with you and the children. Michka

Julie2 07-09-2009 01:39 PM

Eric,

I just prayed that this day should not come. I feel so much pain in my heart. Please take care of yourself and the kids.

Julie

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-09-2009 01:47 PM

Thank you for thinking of us, even now...

Oh dearest Eric,

My heart is with. You and Caryn have fought so very bravely and with such grace, we all stand in awe. It is a true honor to know such remarkable people. Even in the midst of your most challenging trials, we can see that your love has somehow carried you. The love you share with Caryn has been so obviously radiant, I believe you will keep her in your heart forever. Surely, though she has passed on to another realm of being, her Soul endures, and is full of her love for you and for your children. It will be so eternally...

Your strength of character will continue to guide you through this most difficult and unwanted time. I know you will be there for your children, as you are a man who is brimming with an angelic determination and devotion. I so admire you, Eric.

We each need such a hero in our lives, especially as we face this life-threatening disease. Your best friend and the love of your life is at peace now. No more pain. No more struggle. Now watching over you as there is no other place she would rather be. I believe she can hear you, and if you listen very quietly, you will hear her. Feel her presence. Let it comfort it.

Your love kept Caryn fighting on to the very end. It surrounded her and buoyed her. It caressed her and coddled her. You gifted her with that. Good for you.

I am sending you prayers to help console you and know how much your family means to all of us here. Our thoughts are with you. I wish you could feel the hug I am giving you, a token of my solidarity with you. I can feel how heavy this burden has been and I am so very sorry. I deeply want you to know this.

I know you will rally the fortitude to be there for your beautiful children, as they grieve and throughout their lives. Deep inside you, I haven't a doubt that you know how important you are to them, now more than ever. Caryn is counting on you to carry on, for her, and for them.

It is much too soon. I wish, as we all do, that Caryn's life could have been spared, that she could have grown old and gray by your side. I do believe though that this is not the end of Caryn's story. She lives on, albeit in another plane, and will patiently wait for you. She will be there for you with open in arms -- in time. It is not time yet. I so wish it could have different, but we must accept the unacceptable at times. I am shaking my head, wishing I could make it all go away yet aware how helpless I am to do this.

Eric, please trust that you are significantly needed to carry on here, in her name, in her honor...

With much love, Eric,
Andi

Tom 07-09-2009 02:11 PM

Dear Eric,

There is nothing for me to say other than I am profoundly sorry that you and your children have lost your sweet Caryn. May God rest His loving hand on your shoulder as you work through this. You are all in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Tom

AbbyDawg 07-09-2009 02:29 PM

Eric ~

I know you understand that we are all at a loss of words and so wish we could be there to comfort you and your families.

Starting many years ago, my friends and families have all included, "On Eagles' Wings" as tradition in funerals. It seems to bond us in understanding as we all can remember the joy and heartbreak of times before. If you post the time of Caryn's funeral, I will play it here.

God bless you all ... dearly.

On Eagles' Wings
(Michael Joncas)

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in His shadow for life,
Say to the Lord: "My refuge,
My rock in whom I trust!"

Chorus: And he will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His hand.

The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
And famine will bring you no fear:
Under His wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield.

You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day;
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.

For to His angels He's given a command
To guard you in all of your ways;
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Adaptation of Psalm 91

Patb 07-09-2009 03:25 PM

I am so very sorry. I will be praying for your family
in the coming days to give you strength to carry on.
I am so very sad today. Take care and know we care,
patb

ElaineM 07-09-2009 03:43 PM

Caryn is an angel now

I am so sorry to read your news Eric. Caryn is a special person to all of us. She is watching over you, the children and all of us now. Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts with us. Please feel free to drop by for a visit whenever you can.
Peace,
ElaineM

Bill 07-09-2009 04:26 PM

I'm so very sorry, Eric. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers. She will be watching over you and your children. Please take some comfort in knowing that you both did the very best that you could possibly do. Please keep in touch and drop by whenever you want to. Love to you and yours, Bill

sally 07-09-2009 04:40 PM

Eric, I am very sad to hear of Caryns' passing. You are a fighter and you will get through this tough time. Your posts tell me that you will be O.K. and you will be there for your kids. Stay strong and hang in there. Sally

flynny 07-09-2009 05:19 PM

your angel

Eric, your devotion to Caryn is such a wonderful gift. Losing someone so special is never easy. Your children are very lucky to have such a caring and loving father. I am so sorry for your loss and sending out lots of cyber hugs. I pray that time will heal you and that your children, friends and family will comfort you continuously! Thank you!

Gerri 07-09-2009 05:25 PM

Eric,

May your love for Caryn and the life you shared carry you through this time of grief. Keep her memory alive with your children - it will mean so much to them as they grow.

You are an amazing man.

'lizbeth 07-09-2009 05:36 PM

Eric,

It is hard to find the words to tell you how badly I feel that you didn't get a miracle so you could have a long and happy and healthy life with Caryn. I will include you and your children in my prayers.

'lizbeth

Patty F 07-09-2009 06:20 PM

Eric, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your children in my prayers.

CindyE 07-09-2009 06:28 PM

Eric,
My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family. I am deeply sadden by the news of Caryn's passing but I know that she is now free. Free from this earth's diseases, pains, and struggles. Those of us left behind have to try and deal with the loss of our loved ones. I know first hand that it is never easy. We can only draw upon our faith in our loving Lord to help us through these times. May God bless you and your children. We are all here for you and continue to support you through this difficult time. Please stay in touch and know that Caryn is waiting for you when the time is right for you all to be reunited in her loving arms.

vickie h 07-09-2009 07:06 PM

Your Angel

Dearest Eric and family,
It is through tears that I write this tonight. You held each other so close and have been a shining example of love, compassion and faith to all of us. Please know that we are still praying for you and the children as you go through the days ahead...we love you and thank you for always being there...for your kindness and support.
I am at a loss for words, nothing can come close to understanding what you are going through right now. May you find comfort in the love that surrounds you today and all days.
Much love,
Vickie

hermiracles 07-09-2009 07:12 PM

Dear Eric - blessings and prayers for you and your family.
Hermiracles