HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on our sister Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45282)

mmoons 05-24-2010 03:02 PM

Re: Update on our sister Sheila

Sheila-

You are SO in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and please feel all the love coming your way!

Maureen

p.s. Donna, thank you so much for letting us know.

Joan M 05-24-2010 06:09 PM

Donna,

Please tell Sheila that she is well loved, and I hope she's home from the hospital soon and feeling better.

I'm praying for her.

Joan

Jean 05-24-2010 08:09 PM

Sheila,
Sending much healing energy and love.
Want to hear that you are home ....where you belong.
Big hugs....coming your way.
Fondly,
jean

Ceesun 05-25-2010 07:05 AM

Love and prayers to Sheila. Hugs, Ceesun

jml 05-25-2010 07:34 AM

Sending prayers, love & hugs.
Rest easy Sheila & hope you get home soon~

Jessica

Shobha 05-25-2010 08:58 AM

Dear Sheila,

Wishing you speedy recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs,
shobha

Sheila 05-25-2010 01:36 PM

Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers...finally home, had the chest tube removed Sunday late afternooon ( and by the way not the most fun thing I have done), but my blood pressure is running low so I had to wait and try to get it evened out. Today is the first day I have felt better, did find out that with my chemo hair style, I can easily go 7 days without washing or coming and my hair didnt change or move!

DonnaD surprised me with a visit....the best gift was to have such a dear friend take the time to come and check up on me....I had no idea that last Tuesday when I went for treatment, I would end up in the coronary care unit, then surgery, then ICU with a partion of my breast bone removed and a lovely chest tube draining....the amount of fluid drained was amazing, I could feel the difference immediately! I had a very skilled team of thoracic surgeons, cardiac surgeons, internists and oncologists...super nurses and all of you...I was truly in good hands.

Do wish I could have gotten a picture of me going into surgery with my new warming gown and spaceship saucer silver hat....my husband said I was right out of the movie spies like us.

The new plan is Metronomic Chemo (Rich...i know you can tell me about this) combined with Herceptin startting next week.

The pain pills still have me a bit sleepy, and I cant drive for another week..so time to take a nap or watch yet another game show....

The sad point through all of this is that my brother was home from California and I missed all the family get togethers, which my brothers and sisters know are getting close to the end with Mom....

Love you all!
Sheila

Adriana Mangus 05-25-2010 04:16 PM

Sheila has been an inspiration to me and others on this site.

She was the first member to contact me, something I will never forget.
Sheila was compassionate and provided me with so much information that
I immediately felt at ease and confident I could deal with this disease.

My love, thoughts and prayers are with Sheila and her family.

lkc Gumby 05-25-2010 04:41 PM

I am keeping Sheila in my prayers until she is home and back posting!

PinkGirl 05-25-2010 06:04 PM

Yikes! SheilaGirl ... what an ordeal. I'm so glad you're home now ...
eating M&M's I hope.

Barbara2 05-25-2010 07:55 PM

Wow, Sheila, you are one amazing lady. The procedure you had done on Sunday was quite an undertaking and you're back home today sending a note to your Her2 sisters. Glad to hear you are home where you can relax and rest up. Lots of prayers being said for you.

SoCalGal 05-25-2010 10:02 PM

Wow, Sheila, you have been thru the ringer. You are such a source of strength and inspiration to me. Glad you are back home. Love, Flori

Rich66 05-25-2010 10:09 PM

Good to see you well enough to post. Has there been a discussion as to which metronomic chemo? Might be a good time to remention Metformin to help it.

Kavy 05-25-2010 10:18 PM

Sheila,
Sorry to hear you had to go through surgery, but glad to know you are back home. Sending healing prayers your way, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
So sorry about your mom as well.
Hugs,
KarlaV.

sherri 05-25-2010 10:37 PM

Dear Sheila,
You are such an inspiration. I hope for the best for you and all my sisters. You are in my thoughts and prayer.

Much love,
Sherri

Pam P 05-26-2010 03:55 AM

Sheila - SO glad to see your post, to know you are home and on the mend. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, sister. Pam

Rich - what IS metronomic chemo?

chrisy 05-26-2010 07:23 AM

"Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers...finally home, had the chest tube removed Sunday late afternooon ( and by the way not the most fun thing I have done),"

Oh come on Sheila, what have you done that has been more fun than that??????

Sheils, glad to hear you are back home. Even with the best of care a hospital is no place to get well. Of course you've been in my constant prayers.

I know that one of the actions of metronomic chemo is as an antiangiogenic - so taking the place of the Avastin.

Hoping this new one is easy to take for you, hard for the cancer.

Hang in there,
chris

Ruth 05-26-2010 07:37 AM

Sheila ~
So glad you are back home and hopefully start feeling much better. This was a big shock to see this post about you! We love you and wish you well.
Hugs ~ Ruth

schoolteacher 05-26-2010 09:14 AM

Shelia,

Glad to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better today.

Amelia

hutchibk 05-26-2010 10:46 AM

So glad you are home, Sheila! And I know that having clean hair helps, too. ha.

So what caused all that nasty fluid build-up? A side effect of Avastin?