HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Liver Enzyme ? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47116)

chrisy 10-14-2010 09:19 AM

Re: Liver Enzyme ?

And no, Pink I'm not suggesting you get them retested because I'm worried, but because you are!

Mary Jo 10-14-2010 06:42 PM

and I'm still hanging on the theory that the bee ate the tylenol.

Melissa 10-14-2010 09:46 PM

Hello Pink Girl,

Don't worry just yet. I posted, oh let me see, about two years ago with the same question. A few others also posted. Anyway come to find out, Arimidix can cause high liver enzymes in 2% of patients. My oncologist switched me to Femara and mine went down. I had other complications on Femera so I switched back and low and behold the liver enzymes are elevated again. Best Wishes - Mel

PinkGirl 10-15-2010 06:39 AM

Thanks Melissa. I'll ask my oncologist about this ... that would be an easy solution.

Thanks MaryJo ... those bad bees!

Mary Anne in TX 10-15-2010 01:19 PM

Those bees beez bad, but they make sweet honey!
You tell that body of yours to stop messing with the bees!
Luv U, ma

Rich66 10-15-2010 02:50 PM

Wait. Are we talking multiple varieties of spray cheese?

Joan M 10-15-2010 05:26 PM

Pink,

Perhaps the elevated liver enzymes are related only to your bad cold. I think they react more than we know, and then we just happen to get tested.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the driving was for nothing except your mini-vacation.

Joan

PinkGirl 10-16-2010 08:29 AM

Thanks Joan ... I hope you're right.

Yes Rich, we are talking multiple varieties. I can't mention the names of the people who managed to get the spray cheese across the border (fear for their safety). I received three different flavours. Thanks again Sheila and DonnaD.

sassy 10-16-2010 06:53 PM

Would this be the bees cheese?

Del 10-16-2010 07:07 PM

Hi Pink,
My enzymes were around 70 (I don't know which one) about a month ago, and I had just had the flu 2 weeks before, so I'm betting on the cold/flu. Now my latest measurement has them at 200 (Yikes!!), but I'm now on T-DM1, but still not sure why they're so elevated...Hope you find answers soon! But try not to worry in the meantime, I don't think your numbers are that high.

Sheila 10-23-2010 05:58 AM

Pink Girl
If you find out the spray cheese did it, then we need to figure out which flavor, and put it on the new do not send list.....until then ( and I am confident that it will be nothing), take 2 smarties and call me in the morning.

just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!

PinkGirl 10-23-2010 07:37 AM

Thanks SheilaGirl ... now you've got me thinking about spray cheese
and spray string (which I didn't eat) being banned substances in Canada ...maybe there's something to that.

Speaking of smarties ... I was eating some Canadian Rockets which are
American Smarties ... I'll have to buy some Canadian Smarties which are American M & M's ... so confusing keeping my candies straight ... but I'll do it ...

Thanks for thinking of me Sheila ... nice picture of you in the paper!

Barbara2 10-23-2010 04:28 PM

I think Chrisy's suggestion was a good one:
Your primary care doctor can order that test, or around here you can sometimes get them at the drugstore for $65. You may not need the ultra sound if these numbers are back to normal.

My AST at my last onc visit (September) was 45 (range 14-36); it had been 43 one other time, but it caused me to start fretting over the numbers. The other liver enzymes were up a bit too from the previous time, but still in normal range.

I had to see the family doctor for what turned out to be a gall bladder issue; she ran the liver enzymes, and the AST was back in the normal range. It made the miserable gall bladder trip all worthwhile!

Mary Jo 10-23-2010 06:01 PM

and on that note, I just had my gall bladder removed on Oct. 20th. While doc was in their, of course, got a great look at my liver and said it looked EXCELLENT. Yippee!

Mary Jo

PinkGirl 10-24-2010 10:33 AM

Thanks Barb and Mary Jo
My onc. wants me to have the ultra sound so I will. I still have some
remnants from my bad cold/flu thingie and next week I might be getting
my flu shot so I'm going to hold off on re-doing the blood work. I will
do that eventually.

When my husband had his gall bladder problems his liver was very
unhappy. Knowing you Mary Jo, you probably had yours out and then
got dressed and walked 3 miles home :) :)

Thanks for thinking of me.

Mary Jo 10-24-2010 10:39 AM

@Pink.....Hahahahahahahahaha...I am still chuckling because of your comment ........ Well, I didn't walk 3 miles home BUT I had surgery on Wed., and on Friday I did 4 loads of laundry, swiffered all the hard wood floors, vacuumed the braided rugs.....upstairs tv room and our bedroom.......vacuumed furniture and the stairway. Then later in the afternoon my hubby and I walked a mile. Today, Sunday I walked 2 miles......MAN, just typing this I realize that when my husband calls me STUBBORN (in not always so nice a tone) he may be onto something, huh?

Love to you Pink.....Stay healthy, ok? I mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Jo

Catherine 10-31-2010 12:53 PM

Pinkie,

I have not been on line much to follow the post about your liver, bees and spray cheese. I just want to say hi and hope you get these questions resolved and you can just focus on your gambling. Do take care, I hope that all the health concerns disappear soon.

Hugs, Catherine

PinkGirl 10-31-2010 02:11 PM

Thanks very much Catherine. I had the ultra sound on Friday morning and now I have to wait to hear from my onc. Thanks for thinking of me.

Bill 10-31-2010 05:50 PM

Thinking of you here, Lady Pink. Hope all is well.

Mary Jo 10-31-2010 08:54 PM

Is thinking of you Pink...

Mary Jo