HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SMACKDOWN Victory! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58544)

KsGal 07-16-2013 02:12 PM

Re: SMACKDOWN Victory!

Praying and praying that everything goes well today with the docs and the scan results. As far as poor little Mickey getting squeezed up in there...Off with his head!!! Lighting a candle and waiting to hear the good news when you get back.

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-16-2013 04:16 PM

Prayers sent from down south -- heavenward!

Waiting with all for words from you Denise. Poor Mickey, but I agree, off with his head. Less dense. Hmmm... With glasses, I saw denise... Are you in your head? No. You are One with your Spirit. Listening to your Inner Voice.

Just realized. Mice can squoosh down to flat to fit into the tiniest spaces. Mickey will be fine. AND SO WILL DENISE!!!

LOVE YOU,
ANDI

dearjilly 07-18-2013 07:24 PM

Denise,
I haven't been on in a while, as it's really hard to read anything....so that equals frustrating.
Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I've been reading up on what's happening in your world, and like my world....similar. I've been on the MRI "watch". I am just writing you to say hi and I am thinking of you, and I hope that you aren't too drained with this coaster. I am drained. SO.....hi and much love and strength to you. xoxo Jill

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-19-2013 01:05 AM

Missed you jilly. Glad to hear from you.

Denise -- waiting patiently-ish to hear from you. No pressure. When you can.

Love,
andi

dawny 07-19-2013 03:31 AM

Hi Denny
I'm with andi, waiting patiently-ish! Hope the news is good.

Hugs to you my friend
Dawn. Xx

KsGal 07-19-2013 04:18 AM

((hugs)) Thinking of you...lit a candle for you this morning.

ammebarb 07-19-2013 07:00 AM

Thinking of you and praying for you always!
Barb

dearjilly 07-19-2013 01:01 PM

Andi, I think of you often. Especially when I take half of a zinc tablet! lol

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-19-2013 04:29 PM

Hi Jilly. 30 mg of zinc is good. I don't go over. Don't need belly trouble, over and above my IBS. Oh dear. HOW ARE "YOU" FEELING, Jill????

Hellllloooooo Denise, Denny, Nisey ------- tap, tap, tap... Anxiously awaiting word...

Did I miss something?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,
ANDI

Laurel 07-19-2013 05:18 PM

Empress! Your Majesty! Your Royal Highness!

Getting worried over here in the central part of the state, Kiddo! Last I saw you were headed off to visit your medical gurus to see what they were concocting and then no update from Denise. The entire world is on the Great Kate Wait Watch, but we here on Her2Support are on the Queen of Denial Land Checking in With Us Watch, which is infinitely more important!

Really hoping you are just busy lounging by the pool in this heat.

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-19-2013 06:21 PM

Laurel! You are sooo right on. Your analysis of the rest of the world and us is spot on...

Our Empress, Queen of Denial Land Waiting Watch is so much harder on us, than the reporters outside that hospital. We are all on the NEED TO KNOW list!

Didn't consider you lounging at the pool... Hmmm... I will hold that thought... Where is our Sprakle Lady of Laughter??? With Mickey Mouse hat in her head...

Redwolf8812 07-20-2013 09:26 AM

Still praying, Denise. Looking for good news.

- Penny

NEDenise 07-20-2013 01:21 PM

OH, my FRIENDS!!
What would I do without you?!
Let's not ever find out!
Thank you so much for caring about me, and sending love and prayers!

The short version is... I'm fine! Yay!

It was a very long and trying week!
When I got home from my appointment with the neurologist on Tuesday, I typed out all the options offered to me ...
and then the post vanished!
I was sooo pissed, and tired... I just couldn't type it all out again.

Besides, two of the three options that were offered were not things I was going to submit to anyway so...
it was just a matter of letting the much heralded,
but often wrong, brain tumor board come around to my way of thinking.
(They didn't meet till Thursday afternoon)

Option 1 - which I have already declined several times - craniotomy.
But, either the tumor board has finally realized the fool-hardiness of that option in my case.
Or the nim-null who keeps suggesting craniotomy was absent....
because no one brought that up this time.

Option 2 - the neurosurgeon told me there had been some clinical evidence that Avastin and WBR had a synergistic effect on HER2 brain mets.
But, as I pointed out to him...
I don't believe there is any disease lurking in my brain.
We're just trying to get rid of radiation necrosis.
In which case I asked, "Isn't treating radiation necrosis with MORE radiation sort of like saying -
gee I'm so hot with this sweatshirt on...
maybe I should put my coat on too!
Fortunately, when the beloved tumor board met,
both the neuro-oncologist and the radiation oncologist in attendance nixed that option.
(Not with the sweatshirt analogy
exactly... but something along those lines.)

Option 3 - continue Avastin - because IT WAS WORKING!!

I'm sure you guessed... I prefer option #3.
Now it's just a matter of convincing the insurance company that Avastin, though very expensive, is nowhere near as expensive as surgery, recovery, etc...

So... I've been able to function on 1 mg of Decadron/day. I am no longer deflating however.
But... I'm hoping to have 20 or 30 years to lose those extra pounds... so I have time. :)

Thanks again for checking in on me. I only found out the tumor board results myself, yesterday...
but I'm sorry I caused any worry in the HER2 world.

Loads of love to all of you!
Denise
Queen of Denial
Chemo Ninja

Laurel 07-20-2013 02:14 PM

All is forgiven with that seemingly upbeat report. I guess it is now letter writing and begging your insurance company to grace you with the med. that will resolve the problem. Keep us posted!

ammebarb 07-20-2013 03:45 PM

Oh, I'm so glad you are aiming for the option that was working. Now, hope the insurance company gets on board sooner rather than later. You are always in my prayers!

dawny 07-20-2013 04:48 PM

Oh Denise, what a relief! We were all getting nervous out here.......

The Avastin sounds like such a lovely option, compared to the rest!

Dawn xx (you had me worried there!)

JennyB 07-20-2013 05:29 PM

Denise never been happier to see your bright smiling face and colourful prose! I hope the insurance company take the sensible option and keep you happy!
Love xx

linn65 07-20-2013 07:15 PM

Denise if I remember right you are a teacher, right? I know here Indiana the teachers are always talking about how bad the insurance is and if it is like yours I can see why. That's terrible you are fighting to get healthy and you have to fight insurance to do it. That's plain wrong! Also, I have done just what you did typed a bunch and It vanished and then said I was logged off....oh I was ticked. I feel ya on that one.������

I will have to google Avastin because I don't know what it is, but I sure hope you get it!

Bunty 07-20-2013 07:38 PM

Yay indeed! Glad to hear your news, and that you have such fighting spirit to tell that board what's best for you! Now, how about you give us the name of your insurance company and we'll start some sort of action on your behalf. They will see that you are so worth the cost of Avastin and so much more!!
Big cheers and hugs, Marie

KDR 07-20-2013 07:38 PM

Oh, Denise, what a relief! To hear from you, to see your options set out. I love "I am fine!"

Let's hope the insurance company comes through upon mere request...
Love
Karen