HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tiptoe the Chinese hamster (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30283)

Believe51 10-03-2007 05:27 AM

Hello PinkGirl

I have only been able to visit the site to peak long enough to find out who needs the prayers. Hubby is doing good, just in need of some extra care at the moment, thus my distant appearance and he is waiting to read the posts about Tiptoe!! Geesh, getting ready for my visit with Tiptoe has really got me tired!! I am printing out this thread today so I can sit and look at all the posts, this thread has filled my days with the laughter I need....and the pictures are the best!!

I have set up a spot for Tiptoe and Chester the Chipmunk is elated. My husband has a Petscan on Saturday so I am sure when we see Chester he is going to be even happier knowing we are working on his visit. We have plenty of food and all I need to do now is pick out a pair of earrings. I have been away like I said so I do not know if she has pieced ears or not, after all I need to go shopping and need to know what I am looking for.

My mother makes fleece blankets or hot/cold packs with pink cancer ribbon material. Mom has offered to make a blanket with pink ribbons on it for our loved Tiptoe. The blanket will be so beautiful and I know when she arrives she will want to be warm. Love you PinkGirl and cannot wait to see Tiptoe.>>Believe51

Believe51 10-03-2007 05:33 AM

Could not resist

I sat here with no will power, I had to look at the pictures again. I am laughing outloud!!! I mean really laughing. How BIG is Tiptoe, cause it looks like if she keeps chowing down food and drinking, that this blanket needs to be BIGGER than I thought!! Hehehe and laughing outloud. Boy I must say, this is "Today's Joy" for me>>Believe51

PinkGirl 10-03-2007 07:55 AM

Tip's possessions

A new fleece blanket would be great. I'm sure Tip would really appreciate that. She doesn't have many possessions. As to her size, all her vital statistics are in her passport. I think she weighs a few ounces and standing up she is about 5 inches tall (not counting her tail) which is another 5 inches.

hutchibk 10-03-2007 10:13 AM

She will need a yellow t-shirt and a Livestrong bracelet for her visit to Livestrong/Lance Armstrong Foundation HQ here in Austin - I will start shopping now...

MJo 10-03-2007 01:55 PM

THe kids in the preschool downstairs would love to meet Tip. We will visit the bird feeder in case she's hungry.

chrisy 10-03-2007 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know about all this. If I start getting too friendly with chinese hamsters, my Barry Manilow cutout might get jealous! He loves to accompany me to my infusions...
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/chris.000/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

caya 10-03-2007 05:41 PM

Tiptoe must come to Toronto!!

Hey PinkGirl,

Since Tiptoe is Canadian by osmosis, I guess, I really think she should make a stop in Toronto on her way back to you at some point so I can take her to that most Canadian of games - a Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Game. I will get her a Maple Leafs cap.

all the best
caya

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-03-2007 05:53 PM

Hey Chrisy... Here's To You... And That Great Smile Of Yours...

CHRISY, Every time I look at your photo I want to join you in a cabernet... Love your Barry M. cutout. I bring Paul to my infusions, for real, along with 18 bagels and cream cheese. The nurses love us! That's 9 yrs of bagels (w/ 3 yrs EVERY wk). Last tx we also brought a Costco apple pie. Do you have any idea how huge a Costco any thing is????!!!! Paul looked over near the end of that infusion and the cake was nearly gone. Most of the bagels were still there. My sweet nurses have a definite sweet tooth. They'd do anything, admittedly, for dark chocolate. (We save that for Christmas...) http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/thghts/smile

Andi

Becky 10-03-2007 06:03 PM

I adore this thread. Everybody better take pictures of Tip when she visits them. Tip is a hoot!!

tousled1 10-03-2007 06:29 PM

Since listening to Tiptoe's music I have decided I want her to come to Georgia for a visit. She'll find plenty of country music here and I know that my grandson Eli will just shower her with love and affection. Add my name to her itinerary.

Lolly 10-03-2007 08:08 PM

I just finally got caught up on all Tiptoe's doin's! What a card she is, and if she comes to Oregon to visit Catherine, I would love to meet her, and you too Your Highness aka Catherine of Oregon :)

Catherine 10-03-2007 08:49 PM

Tiptoe can tip over two birds with one stone

Tiptoe can visit me and Lolly at the same time. Fly her into Portland, I will pick her up and drive south to Salem. Lolly can come up from Corvallis and we can meet in Salem, the State Capitol. I am sure we can get an audience with the Governor. Our state song here is Louie,Louie, So Tip will have to be able to do a little rock and roll shuffel along with the country slide. Lolly and I will work out all the details.

On the road again...here's to Tip and all her friends.
Catherine
Lolly....should we start shopping for journals and earrings now?

StephN 10-03-2007 10:17 PM

Wh-a-a-a-t???

Catherine -
Your state song canNOT be "Louie, Louie." It is OUR state song!! Even though the Kingsmen were from Portland WE have a Senate resolution that changed Washington's state song!

So, maybe "Louie, Louie" is the UNofficial state song in Oregon, we can have Tiptoe decide on which side of the Columbia River she wants to dance to it. How about that?? We may have to meet in the middle of the bridge for an official ceremony. I can bring Paul Revere and the Raiders if you can round up The Kingsmen.

Anyone found a really teeny iPod for her yet?

Kathy S in Tokyo 10-04-2007 05:24 AM

TipToe is invited to visit Tokyo at any time. She could visit the huge fish market which is just across the street from the National Cancer Center where I go every Tuesday for my Herceptin treatments. The sushi chefs at the conveyor belt sushi shop might even let her run a little on the conveyor belt.

Believe51 10-04-2007 05:26 AM

Over and over again

I just listened to Tiptoes music and I found myself laughing outloud again. I love you girls and we have a bond that I never thought possible, you have given me everything I need on this journey. I gather the knowledge, support, prayers, love....but most importantly, the laughter for which I thrive for. I am looking forward to our visit and passing our friendly visitor around, this is a spendid idea. A bit worried though, ANDI will probally spoil her rotten and that is a big thing to have to live up to!! Tehehe!! Just another common bond we share that makes me feel like I have known you all for a lifetime. I love and admire you all and so glad you are my dearest friends.>>Believe51

Kathy S in Tokyo 10-04-2007 05:31 AM

My Japanese boss told me years ago that Asians are more likely to lack a certain enzyme that helps most people process alcohol. TipToe could genetically have a low tolerance.

PinkGirl 10-04-2007 06:40 AM

Thank you very much

for the warm response to Tiptoe. If we can keep up with the postage, she has the opportunity to visit Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Japan, go to a Leafs hockey game, Disneyland, the Kentucky Derby, the BCS in Texas and meet the grand pooh-pahs of Genentech, have her portrait painted, meet Chester the chipmunk and go with Ed to a "pet" scan, go ice fishing, drink chocolate martinis and margaritas, go to AA, have a hamstervention on A&E, hang out in a back yard full of chipmunks in Wisconsin and have an audience with the governor of Oregon (does anyone know the pope?)

Now that we know about her predisposition to alcoholism, we'll have to keep a close eye on her. Maybe R.B knows of some fish oil supplement that will help with that missing enzyme. I can't wait till she gets to Andi's so someone else will have actually met her in person. She's quite the rat, I mean rodent.

hutchibk 10-04-2007 09:32 AM

What are her favorite foods? We will need to know what restaurants to take her to in San Antonio. I hope she likes mexican food, and I am sure she likes margaritas... Should I buy her a sombrero?

PinkGirl 10-04-2007 09:55 AM

Tip's favourite foods

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 399She had a hangover most of the time she was here. She drank some water
and nippled on cheese and peanuts. You'd probably do best with finger foods or maybe just order appetizers for her (with cheese). She definitely could use a sombrero - it was cool here when she left, but I warned her about wearing something to keep the sun off of her head. She has sunscreen. As for gifts, I forgot to mention that she likes to paint her nails.

Attachment 117

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-04-2007 10:26 AM

One manicure/pedicure coming up... My pleasure.

Okay, did I miss something? Y'all are talking about music. I couldn't access Chrisy's link? Is that where I got lost behind?

I have *diamond* studs waiting for Pinkie's pierced ears. (Got them as a free gift from the Shiseido counter in Bloomingdale's.) I have a pink bc bracelet for her and a pink ribbon pin w/a HOPE charm to hang from it. I have sunglasses (w/UV protection) also (another free gift from Shiseido). Guess I buy a lot of moisturizer...

PINKIE, MY SWEET -- A WHOLE PICTURE OF YOU! This is blowing my mind. It is so nice to see all of you! THANK YOU FOR SHARING your dimples, bangs and all... And for starting the TipToe craze on the board. We're all in love and so anxious to physically share our energy, almost like in person, w/ea other. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our mascot Chinese hamster (w/ or w/o her ovaries in tact). I could so empathize if it is the latter, being one *tata* down, though I have SUPPLEMENTED, OF COURSE w/my tram flam (I mean flap). http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/08 Not complaining. I'm balanced -- and feel ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE, in harmony... In sync.

WITH LOVE TO ALL MY SISTERS AND BROS,
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/heart