HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   NEDenise Has Died (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59572)

SusanN 11-21-2013 04:40 PM

Re: NEDenise Has Died

I'm devasted over this news...indeed, Denise radiated sooooo much laughter, love, support and encourgament to me...to soooo many of us!!

I thank God for her life...praying that she went peacfully home...knowing she knew the Lord and is healed now!!!

I pray that God gives her family much strength, comfort and peace in the days ahead...and for all of us that we be strong as Denise would want us to STAND STRONG...and KEEP FIGHTING!!!

LeahM 11-21-2013 04:50 PM

When I first joined this board Denise was the first member to reach out to be privately and the first member I met face to face. I was blessed to have shared 3 meals with her over this last year. I will miss her so much, my heart is just breaking for her family and for all her friends. Such a bright light, extinguished to soon.
I am going to go eat some chocolate in her honor.

MaineRottweilers 11-21-2013 05:04 PM

Rest in peace, Denise and prayers to your family. You touched my life in such a way, I will remember you always.

carlatte7 11-21-2013 05:26 PM

Oh, Denise...we never had the chance to meet in person but i had always hoped we would. I am just...crushed. I like the visual of the angels ROTF, so will think of that. RIP dear Denise.

tricia keegan 11-21-2013 05:41 PM

I'm shocked and so sad to read this and hadn't realized she was so ill, God be with her and may she RIP xx

jacqueline1102 11-21-2013 05:55 PM

This is truly just heartbreaking. Words fail me.

Becky 11-21-2013 06:18 PM

I am breathless and shocked. I have been on this board for many, many years and for some members, you can see the end coming and although sad, the loss is understood. But I don't understand this one. Not one bit. I am so sad that she is gone to us with no explanation. Perhaps she shielded us from the whole story with her wit and humor. She will be sorely missed and taken from us too soon.

dawny 11-21-2013 06:26 PM

This is devastating, it happened so fast. Denny will be missed by all of us here, there is a huge hole left. My thoughts are with her family, whom she loved so much. We will try to keep the humor going in her memory.

Dawn. Xx

conomyself 11-21-2013 07:14 PM

This is such a shock, I am so sad, she was such a funny, compassionate, thoughtful person.

May God bless you and your family, Denise. Rest in peace.

I will miss her.

Love,

Rachael

Cat 11-21-2013 07:44 PM

I am in shock this was the last thing I expected to find tonight. Denise will be missed but live on in all of us with memory of her humor and support. Prayers are sent to family and friends. Cathy

Mary Jo 11-21-2013 08:02 PM

I echo what the others have said. Another loss....another heartache for friends and family who loved her. I'm so sorry.

phil 11-21-2013 08:02 PM

Always a shock when one of ours is gone ... Denise had such a Strong Spirit ! Made me laugh a lot , light moments in the midst of what can at times be such a relentless grind. She is Missed. I know she's in a far better place - no more suffering, but praying for Healing for her husband and children , family , friends.

Mel3 11-21-2013 09:38 PM

I'm shocked and at a loss for words.

suzan w 11-21-2013 10:09 PM

Shocked and sad

healing 11-21-2013 10:38 PM

May God hold her in the palm of His hand.

Our hearts are heavy....

Aussie Girl 11-22-2013 04:49 AM

This is the hardest news I've had since I joined this forum. Denise was a truly inspiring woman who shared herself without reserve. I will miss her, and my heart goes out to her family and the other women on this forum who have known her for much longer than I have.

Aussie Girl

NEDenise 11-22-2013 09:06 AM

Hi All,

No, I'm not coming to you from the Great Beyond, although if I could I would!

This is Ted. Thank you all for all of your kind words and messages of support and condolence that you've posted. Denise truly was one of a kind and I'm not sure if you all realize how much she cared about you and your struggles. She came here not knowing if it was something that she would benefit from and found a group that she truly considered close friends and extended family. She often told me that she didn't know how she could've fought so long without the support of all of you. This was one place she could come to share her thoughts and struggles with others who truly knew what she was dealing with and going through. God bless you all.

caya 11-22-2013 11:12 AM

I am shocked and saddened beyond belief - dear Denise was truly one of the great Warrior Women on this site ever- probably in the world...

She will definitely be missed - her strength of character, wit and uplifting spirit truly shone through in all of her posts.

Ted and sons, please accept my sincerest condolences. Please know that your sweet wife/mother was truly loved on this board.

Taken way way too soon...

all the best
caya

Mtngrl 11-22-2013 12:00 PM

Oh, no. No. No. No. Not Denise.

Ted, thank you for posting. So many people said they wish they could have met her. That makes me feel doubly blessed to have seen her three times, on trips to Philly.

I'm so sorry for Ted and the boys. I'm so sorry, too, for all of us. She was such a warm, loving, funny person, and the best possible support group member. Oh, what will we do without her?

It's just so incredibly sad, and such a shock.

Poor Denise. Poor us.

Love to all,
Amy

'lizbeth 11-22-2013 12:04 PM

Oh Ted seriously - I saw the familiar photo and thought NEDenise was coming through from the great beyond. I'm certain she's giggling at me right now.

We were the ones blessed to have her as part of the group. I wish that she did not have to suffer with such an aggressive breast cancer. Even when dealing with the seriousness of her metastasis - she was still sharing humor, understanding and support.

CarolineC 11-22-2013 12:19 PM

This is so so tragic. Laurel, I had also been very concerned about Denise, especially when she posted a few weeks ago relaying her symptoms.On Wed morning after I woke up I just felt "off". My day got worse in dealing with my healthcare team and by dinner I was crying-I was so done with the day in and day out of dealing with this illness and the system. Then I read about Denise and now I know why things felt so weird that day-the devastation has sent a shockwave to even my little town in Canada.

I know that Denise would have posted an uplifting message to me full of motion and positivity. Her posts were always so full of color and light, just like her. I miss her so much already.

Ted, look at YOU comforting US. Could you please share your address so that I may send a card to you and your beautiful sons? What a special family you are. If everyone who is viewing this thread sent a card, you and your sons could see what a blessing Denise has been to us and how much she was loved.

I'm so very sad.

jaykay 11-22-2013 12:55 PM

If anyone could reach out from the Great Beyond, it would be Denise!

Thank you, Ted - and thank you for sharing Denise. Such a special soul. Many condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Janis

Lien 11-22-2013 02:47 PM

Thanks Ted, for reaching out to us. She certainly was one of a kind. I still have a hard time believing she is gone. I wish you and the kids and everyone who loved her strength and courage to carry this tremendous loss.

If you ever find the time, energy, room in your heart, to tell us about her passing, I would be very grateful. But I do understand that you have other things that need to take priority now.

Everything she wrote brought joy to these boards. She was able to make the unbearable a bit more bearable. Her sense of humor was like a ray of sunlight peeping through heavy clouds.

If I miss her, while living in the Netherlands, your sense of loss must be the size of Mount Everest.

Hugs to you

Jacqueline

chekmark 11-22-2013 03:21 PM

I just had to post again. There is nothing good about having bc but if I had not gotten bc then I never would have met Denise. What a champ. Ted I want to say that she always said how great you were and were always there for her. Be proud. She spoke about her family with great pride and admiration. My heart is broken for you and the boys. I hope you are doing as well as can be expected. Denise would want us to be strong and to keep fighting and find a freaking cure. The board had been pretty quiet since she we heard the bad news. She would want us to continue to laugh and share our stories and help others. No one will ever do it like she did. We will never ever forget her. I keep thinking this is just a bad dream but it's real. We are here to support you and your family too. I feel like you are all a part of mine from all the stories she shared. From the get go we heard her experiences both good and bad at the hospital. Being left in the hallway etc, oh all the funny stories. She was amazing. She made her bowling experience when she shattered her hand humorous although agonizing, I could go on and on. Just so tragic. Her memory will live on, she touched each and every one of us. May god give you and your families strength. God bless you also.

Coux92 11-22-2013 03:48 PM

I just can't get my head around this news. Denise was the first to welcome me to this board and he kindness and humor set the tone for my journey....I'm so sad. I have not had a true good cry since initial diagnosis, well Denise has even help me with that. I felt such love for her and prayed, hard, daily for her.
Thank you Denise for all the belly laughs when I would have never thought it was possible. May God Bless her family and all of us going on without her

norkdo 11-22-2013 06:43 PM

Excuse me?

norkdo 11-22-2013 07:18 PM

i apologize for that post. I was in shock. Hands over eyes. No No No No. I knew she was dying. I knew it. I felt so guilty for knowing it. I was in denial. She was my best and only friend ...close friend on this board....both of us having the identical profile catching our cancers at the exact same time...well, she in Feb, me in April, 2011. I feel such terrible guilt. Survivors guilt they call it. Oh my. I tried phoning Ted. I got his mom instead. A very gracious dignified lady who will pass on my condoloences. I want to go to the funeral. She died wednesday morning and was cremated and her memorial will be at St John's church in Lansdale, PA. I will either be there or send flowers. Oh my god. This is not possible.
Amy, Mtn Girl, you are my no. one now. Oh my god; this is not possible. this didn't happen. This is not possible. oh pls god when we wake up tomorrow this will not be true.
My sisters on this board: your love for her; your waking moments thinking about her. You are such beauties. May we remain close.
Nora in Ottawa

norkdo 11-22-2013 07:33 PM

just posting this note denise sent me...so typical of her generosity and kind, huge heart:
Re: prayers and thoughts for you
Hey Girl!
I think of you often too! And thank you for all your kind words. I'm touched and flattered, my friend.
I was becoming a little concerned when you weren't around for a while. So glad you got that all straightened out.

You must have been TOTALLY freaked out in the recovery room...and I don't blame you one iota. And, I think you were totally entitled to some high quality depression after the black-breast-falling-off thing. Yikes!

In three weeks, I have an MRI, and I'll finally find out whether the gammaknife worked...and the tumors in my beautiful, precious brain are shrinking. And...just as importantly, whether any new devils have popped up. I feel really good, so I'm hoping that is an indicator that good things are happening.

Hoping and praying that I can outlive the grim statistics...because I have waaaaaay more to do before I leave this life.

Sending a big hug northward to you!
Denise

Jean 11-22-2013 07:50 PM

I am shocked and so very sad. Yet another wonderful sister taken from us.

My heartfelt condolences to her family.
She was a special lady.
Jean

BrendaB 11-22-2013 08:00 PM

I was crushed to read of Denise's passing. Her posts lifted my spirits so much. As do all of yours. I have a support group in town that meets monthly, but reading your stories has helped me stay strong and encouraged, too. Prayers going up for Ted and family.

DianaMK 11-22-2013 08:24 PM

Denise's humorous posts and words of encouragement were an inspiration to all of us. This forum will never be same without her. My heart goes out to her family. We will miss her. Gone too soon....

Paty 11-22-2013 09:53 PM

I feel so terribly bad, knowing she has left us. Her great personality and the way she faced this terrible illness always impressed me. We will miss you Beautifull Angel!!

starwishn2 11-22-2013 11:04 PM

Like everyone else on this site, I am shocked and completely saddened by this news. There just aren't enough words to express my feelings. Peace and prayers to her family. Denise will be missed so much!

bejuce 11-23-2013 01:02 AM

This is terrible, just terrible. Denise kept me coming back here just to read her posts and gain some inspiration. She was truly special and one of a kind. It is not easy to have that kind of humor and uplifting spirit when dealing with such grim circumstances. She will be missed by all of us. We should create a quilt or something like that with her best posts and memorialize it forever. Something that can be brought to her memorial for everyone to see her bravery and loving spirit. With a very heavy heart, my thoughts are with her family and everyone she touched.

Mtngrl 11-23-2013 06:37 AM

I cried off and on all day yesterday, in bits. Then last night when I went to bed I sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water," thinking of Denise. When I got to the third verse the tears began to flow:

Sail on, silver girl.
Sail on by.
Your time has come
to shine
All your dreams are on their way.
See how they shine.
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.

Denise was a bridge over troubled water for so many. She poured out her love and care selflessly. And now she's gone, sailing on. She'd want us to carry on her loving service to this community.

Mtngrl 11-23-2013 06:41 AM

Here's the funeral notice (Memorial service next Friday, November 29): http://www.huffandlakjer.com/fh/obit...34&fh_id=13918

LeahM 11-23-2013 07:22 AM

Thank you Amy for posting this. I plan on being there.

Cath 11-23-2013 07:35 AM

I am just so shocked to hear about Denise. She was one of the first to respond to my first post on this board and always responded whenever I posted. I always looked forward to reading what she wrote. I am just so sad. She was a wonderful person. I hate cancer so much and what it has done to all of us. Denise - rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-23-2013 01:29 PM

A truly great woman has passed from this world. I am shocked, chilled, disbelieving and profoundly saddened. I love Denise!

We've lost an outstanding lady, and we all know that. Bright, witty, Mrs. Sherlock, on the case, checking her own brain scans (and finding Mickey Mouse and some alien creature). Denise led the charge with her team of docs, directing, declining where she felt it wise and yet moving forward always with tenacity and stoicism! I just love that woman! Admire her beyond the ability to express...

Ted, you have so very graciously posted for our NEDenise -- and for an instant I did actually believe it's all been a horrid mistake. You two were so destined to be together, I can only begin to imagine your heartache. Yet with your boys and all that has been happening in your life, you have reached out to us, Denise's other family! Remarkable in and of itself.

When you have time, you could take allllll Denise's post here and gather them into the most fabulous, inspiring, real life world of a person living with cancer -- and have it published! I am totally serious. Don't forget the "Funny Cancer T-shirts" thread. Anyone who can make you laugh, when you're bald, on chemo and battling cancer without eyebrows and puffed up from steroids -- is my kind of person!!!

My oncologist does my hair. Having a No Hair Day. I have chemo brain, what's your excuse?

THIS BOOK WILL BE A BEST SELLER. GUARANTEED. And will enrich so many lives, so many struggling Souls! A beautiful tribute to Denise, Ted! In her honor.

I MADE ALL THIS OUT OF NOTHING. TRUST ME, I CAN TAKE CARE OF YOU. GOD. (That's in the beginning of one of Denise's last threads, "Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson" thread. I totally believe she has passed on to another way of being, free of all the crap and blechiness of life in cancerland. She is at peace, though missing you and your family with all her heart.

Her story no doubt continues. The Soul survives. I have been talking to her in the Spiritual Realm since the very moment I read that Denise has died. I had so much to tell her. And, you can talk to her too. She's busy up there, w/all the Sisters from this board, and those who have passed from her life here and throughout her life. Plus, she's undoubtedly watching over you, Ted (my father's name -- Theodore -- so very dear to my heart!) and certainly your boys.

Something powerful, a complete mistake, occurred and took her way too soon. We all know this. And we'd all love to learn what it was.

She was calling for help, in her usual style of humor, but she knew she was in serious trouble. We all assumed she would once again miraculously rally. We sent our love, our cyberhugs, our fervent prayers. NONSTOP. I swear! Because she was a woman of such incredible grace and class who shared all with us but only served to lift each of us up in the process! She was a gift we already sorely miss. And I can only begin to fathom how grievous her passing is for you and your boys!

Denise couldn't help herself. Positivity dripped from her every word. And that is a part of why I think a book of her humor and posts would serve to lift so many who are struggling, fighting their battles and seeing from a first rate Shero how to do it despite it all. Never have I witnessed such courage and inner strength, such joy, even in the midst of the fight for her life!

It is difficult for you to see what a blessing she was as you can likely only focus on your terrible loss. The enormity of it! But, honestly, you and your boys were blessed to have her be such a huge part of your lives here. (This time around...)

And you will meet again, on the other side! Personally, I want to embrace her when it is my time to move on (which will take decades I feel certain). I want a long, tight hug, cradling one another, rocking from side to side giddily!

P.S. I think I hate the steroids and blame them for everything! They can be so beneficial, but there is a limit. When they can't fix it, they destroy your body.

Did Denise ever get that lumbar puncture?

We all love you Denise!!!! Let's have a {{{{group hug}}}}}} please. I really need it right now.

Andi

Coux92 11-23-2013 01:42 PM

Very well said Andi, thank you for putting into eloquent words many of my own thoughts.