HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How do you feel about a Memorial/Tribute Forum? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56209)

SoCalGal 12-13-2012 04:08 PM

Re: How do you feel about a Memorial/Tribute Forum?

I'm with you, Becky. Really well said. The most important thing we can do is SUPPORT. Thank you, Flori

Debbie L. 09-29-2013 10:30 AM

Hello all. I know this is an old discussion. I am smiling at the coincidences, however. I had a thought about this memorial/tribute idea, while reading another breast cancer list, and thinking that the way they do it might be of some interest, here. Then I come here to mention it and Alice has already done an anniversary post for Brenda, whose passing prompted Becky to start this thread last year! Talk about serendipity. Anyway:

On the bclist, around the 1st of every month, a "Remembrance List" for that month is posted. The post usually starts with a nice quotation about life or death, and includes the names and (if known) dates of death for every listmember who has died in that month, going back to when the list began in the 90's. Typically, one or two members have been responsible for this task for long periods of time, and I assume they pass the info on to the next person who takes it on.

This works well for several reasons. One, it's clearly labeled (thus easy to avoid if desired, or to search for later). For example: "October Remembrance List 2013". It makes it simple to spend a few moments honoring the ones who have passed on, yet allows each person to go deeper, if desired, into remembrance of a special someone (or special someones) -- by then using their name in a search of the site, or posting a new remembrance thread for them, or just sitting and smiling at a memory, etc.

It would take a group effort, and some time, to begin to amass the lists for each month. Little by little, we could all help with putting them together and keeping them current. But we'd need one or two people to lead the effort (manage the lists), and do the posts.

What do we think about this? How would we decide if we would like to do this? A new/separate vote? Or are there enough people strongly opposed to anything like this that it would be better to just drop the idea (I'm okay with that, although I do not agree, as I've said before in other threads). I would be willing to be one of the people doing this, but would probably not always be timely in hitting the exact 1st of the month.

Debbie

norkdo 10-04-2013 09:49 PM

exc idea.
i am for this

alicem 10-06-2013 08:13 AM

I think it's a great idea also!

MCS 10-08-2013 11:43 AM

Do we have a list of those who have passed away? I know we focus on living and helping to live
but we owe so much to those who braved it before us.

maybe just name, user name and dates

PinkGirl 10-26-2013 11:14 AM

MCS - there is a list of deceased members but it hasn't been updated in quite a while ... and it is sort of 'hidden'.

fauxgypsy 01-05-2014 01:39 PM

I see that this an old discussion. Was anything ever decided? I would like this very much.