HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Diet and Nutrition (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Plant-based olive oil diet (Mary Flynn Ph.D.) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45472)

sdstarfish 01-18-2011 07:43 AM

Re: Plant-based olive oil diet (Mary Flynn Ph.D.)

Thanks, Tanya. Funny how you can't find stuff, then you see it staring you in the face :)

Lisa
www.pinkkitchen.info

sdstarfish 01-18-2011 07:55 AM

OK, just watched it. As far as the whole wheat bread, etc., goes...much of the problem is due to what is added to the products, like sugars. It's amazing how many products have added sugar, even spaghetti sauce and soup. Crazy.

But if these products are truly whole grain, low in sugar, and free of bad preservatives, then according to research the body can use them effectively.

I am concerned about what she says about fruits also. She says we can eat as much as we want. I disagree. Fruits are healthy, yes - but they are also high in sugar, and it is my understanding from my studies that we need to have more veggies than fruit in our daily diets.

Lisa
www.pinkkitchen.info

AlaskaAngel 01-23-2011 02:39 PM

Hi All,

The Pink Ribbon nutrition chat is scheduled for next weekend, 2 PM Eastern Standard Time, so wherever you are, you will need to coordinate with that. (2 PM EST on Saturday is early Sunday morning in Australia, and late Saturday night in Europe, daytime in the USA.)

The chat function at HER2support has been down and will not be the location for this chat, so contact either Tanya or I for details to join in next weekend.

Be sure to have the latest version of java installed on the computer you will be using for the chat. It is also best to get set up a few days ahead of time and actually try it out at least once in advance of the scheduled date.

AlaskaAngel

AlaskaAngel 01-28-2011 11:12 AM

Re: CHAT - Plant-based olive oil diet (Mary Flynn Ph.D.)

Hi All,

This is just a reminder that there will be a discussion this weekend, 2 PM Eastern Standard Time, about the Pink Ribbon Diet.

Again, it is not being offered at HER2support website this time due to some problems with the chat function here, but you can contact me by either PM or e-mail to get instructions in advance, and it is best to try it out ahead of time to be sure you can connect for it.

Hopefully if there is enough interest and participation, other chats can be scheduled for the future once HER2support chat function is working again.

AlaskaAngel

Becky 01-28-2011 11:20 AM

Sounds Great

Becky 01-30-2011 07:30 AM

Unsticking

pibikay 02-04-2011 03:25 AM

A request please/Can anyone who took part in the chat summarise it and post it in this thread
Thanks

TanyaRD 02-04-2011 04:32 AM

Pibikay,
Unfortunately, we only had one member attend the "chat" with Dr. Flynn. I haven't heard that there were log-in difficulties. I would be interested in feedback from the membership to see if the time selected was inconvenient or what might have caused the poor attendance. Dr. Flynn is willing to try again but I do not want to ask her again until I can be sure it will be worth her time. I also will not do it until the HER2 chat room is available to minimize confusion. Anyone with suggestions or feedback is invited to send me a private message or respond to this thread.

DiDi70 02-05-2011 03:52 PM

Hello Tanya,

I tried to log in for the chat, but encountered difficulties and was disappointed that I missed it. I thought the problem was with my internet provider as the log in kept "spooling".

Deirdre

TanyaRD 02-06-2011 04:57 AM

Deirdre,
I'm sorry to hear you had trouble logging in. I was afraid that was happening. The HER2 chat feature is being repaired and should be a better option in the future.