HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ~Daily Inspirational Quotes..... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31080)

PinkGirl 11-24-2007 07:28 PM

THE LONGER WE DWELL ON OUR MISFORTUNES, THE GREATER IS THEIR POWER TO HARM US.

Voltaire

fauxgypsy 11-25-2007 01:50 PM

The message is to choose life in this moment, not to try and live forever. Someday, when you're tired and sore and want to leave your body, your death will be a healing--not a failure. You will have been an example of how to deal with adversity and leave a legacy of love.
Bernie S. Siegel

Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles is not a realist.
David Ben-Gurion

But in the mud and scum of things
``There alway, alway something sings.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

" There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with."
Harry Crews

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.
William James

I have learned from experience that
the greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

I don't want anyone to believe that I am a Pollyanna, always chirping about goodness and light. But neither do I want to be a victim, of other people or of circumstance. I rarely manage to be as positive as I wish that I could be. I do aspire to overcome ill health, bad moods, and anger. I am often far from successful. But quotes like these have always inspired me and given me the urge to try to create life the way I would like for it to be. To respond versus react. To deal with whatever comes into my life the best that I can.
Y'all keep the quotes coming.

Leslie

PinkGirl 11-25-2007 04:26 PM

THE BEST REMEDY FOR THOSE WHO ARE AFRAID, LONELY OR UNHAPPY IS TO GO OUTSIDE, SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY CAN BE QUIET, ALONE WITH THE HEAVENS, NATURE AND GOD. BECAUSE ONLY THEN DOES ONE FEEL THAT ALL IS AS IT SHOULD BE.

Anne Frank

Believe51 11-28-2007 01:25 PM

I Love This One...........

"If Someone Is Too Tired To Give You A Smile, Leave One Of Your Own, Because No One Needs A Smile As Much As Those Who Have None To Give" By Unknown

Love You All>>Believe51

hermiracles 11-28-2007 01:41 PM

Beautiful!

Wow - I just found this thread - how lovely! Thanks for sharing sisters. My contribution for today:

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Blessings all
Hermiracles<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-28-2007 03:05 PM

We have three choices in life: to do good, to get better or to give up...

The power of choice is yours.

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl 12-01-2007 09:27 PM

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Attachment 179

Joy 12-02-2007 09:14 AM

my new fave

from, yes, hot soccer boy David Beckham via Kris Carr's Crazy, Sexy Cancer Tips:

"Impossible is a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is an opinion not a fact. Impossible isn't a declaration it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

PinkGirl 12-03-2007 03:05 PM

GIVE KISSES EVERYDAY

Attachment 180

Believe51 12-04-2007 12:57 PM

I had to look this one up..

couldn't remember word for word until now...hehehe!

"This I Believe: That The Free, Exploring Mind Of The Individual Human Is The Most Valuable Thing In The World. And this I Would Fight For: The Freedom Of The Mind To Take Any Direction It Wishes, Undirected. And This I Must Fight Against: Any Idea, Religion, Or Government Which Limits Or Destroys The Individual."
By John Steinback

Believe51

PinkGirl 12-05-2007 09:42 AM

JOY CAN BE REAL ONLY IF PEOPLE LOOK UPON THEIR LIFE
AS A SERVICE AND HAVE A DEFINITE OBJECT IN LIFE OUTSIDE
THEMSELVES AND THEIR PERSONAL HAPPINESS.

Leo Tolstoy

Believe51 12-05-2007 10:03 AM

Hey PinkGirl....

Hey...I like that, PinkGirl you come out with some great ones. And by the way, the picture with the cats in the mirror.....my Maine Wave long haired cat Mookie looked just as cute as the kitten. If I didn't know better I would think that was Mook Man!!>>Believe51

PinkGirl 12-06-2007 09:31 AM

These are from Cynthia's post of the Survivor Movie

SET BACKS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES TO REVIEW THE LESSON.

I WILL NOT BE ASHAMED OF MY SCARS. MY SCARS ARE THE BRUSH STROKES IN THE MASTERPIECE THAT IS MY LIFE.

fauxgypsy 12-07-2007 06:48 PM

"Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Always be a little kinder than necessary... "
-J.M. Barrie

Leslie

PinkGirl 12-07-2007 08:15 PM

I've always liked that one Faux. Whenever I try to write it down, I always get it all garbled up. Here's mine for today:

I'VE LEARNED THAT PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU DID, BUT PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.

Maya Angelou

fauxgypsy 12-07-2007 09:51 PM

I got this one in an email today.

“All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within."

Horace Friess

Leslie

hermiracles 12-08-2007 04:19 AM

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Hope is the deep orientation of the human soul that can be held at the darkest times.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">
Vaclav Havel
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Blessings
Hermiracles

PinkGirl 12-08-2007 09:26 PM

YOUR DAILY LIFE IS YOUR TEMPLE AND YOUR RELIGION.
WHEN YOU ENTER INTO IT, TAKE WITH YOU YOUR ALL.

Kahlil Gibran

PinkGirl 12-12-2007 01:12 PM

Three Wise Men

Three Wise Women
would have ...

ASKED FOR DIRECTIONS,
ARRIVED ON TIME,
HELPED DELIVER THE BABY,
CLEANED THE STABLE,
MADE A CASSEROLE,
BROUGHT "PRACTICAL" GIFTS AND
THERE WOULD BE
PEACE ON EARTH

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-13-2007 11:52 AM

trouble Knocked On The Door, But Hearing Laughter, Hurried Away...

GemmaG 12-13-2007 07:30 PM

I love this thread! I'm so glad for this. Great idea!

<DT><DT> <DT>"I am here and you will know that I am the best and will hear me". <DD class=author>Leontyne Price, O Magazine, December 2003

</DD>

hermiracles 12-21-2007 06:54 AM

It's great isn't it Gemma? I love it too!http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

"A hero does not have to win. A hero does not have to be larger than life. A hero can be an ordinary person who overcomes extraordinary events with dignity and grace." -- Soraya

Blessings all
Hermiracles

mimiflower07 12-21-2007 07:51 AM

both are so beautiful and true.
i would love to use hermiracles quote as a part of my signature. would that be ok?
suzanne

PinkGirl 12-21-2007 11:22 AM

NO JOURNEY CARRIES ONE FAR UNLESS, AS IT EXTENDS INTO THE WORLD AROUND US, IT GOES AN EQUAL DISTANCE INTO THE WORLD WITHIN.

Lillian Smith

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-21-2007 11:41 AM

THIS ONE SPEAKS TO ME:

THE BRAVEST ARE SURELY THOSE WHO HAVE THE CLEAREST VISION OF WHAT IS BEFORE THEM, GLORY AND DANGER ALIKE, AND YET, NOT WITHSTANDING, GO OUT TO MEET IT" Thucydides (Greek historian)

PinkGirl 12-21-2007 06:04 PM

LET A JOY KEEP YOU. REACH OUT YOUR HANDS AND TAKE IT WHEN IT RUNS BY.

Carl Sandburg

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-21-2007 06:45 PM

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
C. S. Lewis

hermiracles 12-22-2007 06:44 AM

Its fine with me Suzanne if you want to use the quote I posted from Soraya. I got it from her website - and Im not sure if its OK to post here links to other websites? Can someone let me know if its OK?

Anyway her website is: http://www.soraya.com/index.php I'm sure you'll love her story and beautiful music.

On her website it says:
Soraya: A life of music. A legacy of hope. Read the story of a woman who gave so many courage in the midst of her own life-and-death struggle with breast cancer.
And I got this quote from Leslie! :-))
I don't want anyone to believe that I am a Pollyanna, always chirping about goodness and light. But neither do I want to be a victim, of other people or of circumstance. I rarely manage to be as positive as I wish that I could be. I do aspire to overcome ill health, bad moods, and anger. I am often far from successful. But quotes like these have always inspired me and given me the urge to try to create life the way I would like for it to be. To respond versus react. To deal with whatever comes into my life the best that I can.
Y'all keep the quotes coming.

Leslie

and I just want to say Leslie I love your courage - what you say makes a lot of sense to me. I don't want to be a victim either in life - blaming others for my problems - don't know that I'm there yet though... getting there... oops getting off topic...

I do love this thread - thanks so much friends.
Blessings
Hermiracles<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

PinkGirl 12-26-2007 06:36 PM

MANY PEOPLE WILL WALK IN AND OUT OF YOUR LIFE,
BUT ONLY TRUE FRIENDS WILL LEAVE FOOTPRINTS IN YOUR HEART.

Eleanor Roosevelt

hermiracles 12-28-2007 10:27 AM

Dear God, As I rise up, I thank You for the opportunity to be on this earth. I thank You for my mind and body. I thank You for my life. Please bless my body and use it for Your purposes. May I rise up strong today, and may my body and soul radiate Your love. May all impurities be cast out of my mind, my heart, my body. May every cell of my being be filled with Your light. May my body and mind both be illumined for Your sake and for the sake of all the world.
~ Marianne Williamson ~ Illuminata: A Return To Prayer

Blessings
Hermi

hermiracles 12-30-2007 03:17 AM

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 200pt; mso-cellspacing: 1.0pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 1.0pt 1.0pt 1.0pt 1.0pt" cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 1pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 1pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 1pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">
Where there is great love there are always miracles.
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 1pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 1pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 1pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

Willa Cather

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kathy S in Tokyo 12-30-2007 07:44 AM

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius

Believe51 01-03-2008 12:41 PM

It has been a while....

"Prayer Is More Than Meditation. In Meditation The Source Of Strength Is One's Self. When One Prays He Goes To A Source Of Strength Greater Than His Own" by Madame Chiang Kai-Shek

Believe51

fauxgypsy 01-07-2008 12:57 PM

Hermi, Thank you so much. I don't know that I've ever been quoted before. I have had a busy month or so and haven't been here much. This year around the Holidays I did too much and ended up tired and sick. Just a cold but it is taking its sweet time to leave. I have been in a bad mood, trying to deal with anger. It is just part of being, I guess.

Leslie

lilyecuadorian 01-15-2008 05:54 PM

I got this in my email ......from my mother in law
The New Motto for 2008!! Start it early!!!

http://e1.f529.mail.yahoo.com/ya/dow...&head=b&Idx=21

A POEM ABOUT OUR GIRLFRIENDS
Someone will always be prettier.
Someone will always be smarter.
Some of their houses will be bigger.
Some will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husband will fix more things around the house.
So let it go, and love you and your circumstances.
Think about it!
The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.
And the most highly favored
woman on your job may be unable to have children.
And the richest woman you know,
she's got the car, the house, the clothes~~~~
might be lonely.
And the word says, "If I have not Love, I am nothing."
So, again, love you.
Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
"I a m too Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed, to be Disappointed!"
"Winners make things happen~~
Losers let things happen."
Be "Blessed" Ladies~~~~~
and pass this on to encourage another woman.
"To the world you might be one person,
but to the one person you just sent this to,
it could mean so much."

SEND THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE WOMEN ~~
I JUST D I D!

Fight For A Cure!
-

TriciaK 01-16-2008 09:26 PM

I just found this thread and love it! You have all added such great thoughts. I like this one, too:
At 111 degrees water is just quite warm. Add just one degree more, and it becomes steam. Steam can accomplish amazing things. Imagine how much more we could also accomplish if we would put forward just one degree more effort!

Believe51 01-22-2008 05:47 PM

I like this...

I have an Oncologist friend who is now my Mother's doctor. We went to her visit today and I seen a giant sign in his office. I loved it because when I read it I was moved by the impact of the simplicity of the message. When asked by a patient how can he do this for a living, it must be sad. His reply she sent back on a 6' x 6'' foam board and very professional too.

His reply to that question...

"I Cry But I Do Not Get Depressed" By S. Sambandam

Believe51

lilyecuadorian 01-22-2008 06:46 PM

My husband likes to note Macbeth:

"Why should I play the part of a roman fool, and die by my own sword, when I see lives; the gashes do better upon them." He say that is Macbeth's last wisdom.

Bill 01-22-2008 06:55 PM

One of my favorites, and I've noticed it's marked in Nikki's book, so it's really from her. "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he had imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Thoreau

lilyecuadorian 01-31-2008 03:02 PM

Sit down for what you believe in.
Rosa Parks.