HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hello from Colorado (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63728)

Dakini52 10-05-2015 08:34 PM

Re: Hello from Colorado

Thanks for the info on the Hepa filter. I will have to do some shopping around and see what I can find that might help with my breathing. I also have a couple of cats that I dearly love but I know I have some allergies to them.

Dakini52 10-05-2015 08:43 PM

Amy, exactly what type of air purifier did you get?

StephN 10-06-2015 01:14 PM

Great to hear that you are doing better in your new climate! And blood levels are doing so well.
If you have a basement, you may want to get some of those Dri-beads that take in moisture. People use them on boats around here or when there is a water leak. They are available at most any hardware store.

Dakini - maybe this would be a good option for you since you live in the same climate I do. Having forced air gas heat in our house works well at controlling mildew and molds.

Cleaning chemicals do not agree with me either.

Dakini52 10-06-2015 07:56 PM

Hi Steph. I do have central gas heat and it is great for this climate.

Mtngrl 10-07-2015 06:54 PM

I don't want to appear to be promoting products, but I guess by now everyone knows I'm for real. This is the purifier I got. I love it.
http://www.oreck.com/airinstinct-200...151008015320:s

Amy

Dakini52 10-08-2015 06:17 PM

Thanks Amy. I will check it out.
Debbie

KatherineM 11-22-2015 07:49 PM

Hey, Amy! Glad to hear about your move. And hello to Lizz, too. It's been a long time! I was on just H&P alone for the last three months, (after a summer of Taxol plus H&P, which shrunk the lung mets by 50%). Had hoped that H&P would work, but last week's CT scan showed progression. Going back on Taxol plus H&P tomorrow. Scared, but I guess it was sort of a crap shoot that I'd be okay without chemo. My thinking is -- and would love any thoughts on this -- that it's better to stay on the same treatment for as long as you can, before moving on to another. My onc. originally wanted to put me on Kadcyla, but I'd rather go back on the taxol, if that worked originally. I'm doing lots with diet and yoga, and have been feeling pretty good, but I'm a little thrown by this new development.

Anyway, I have a lot to be grateful for. Kids coming for Thanksgiving. Dogs are sweet. Partner is incredibly supportive. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

xo,

Katherine

Mtngrl 12-06-2015 07:29 PM

Hi Katherine,

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was wonderful. It's so great to be back home.

I had great results on my first scan after starting Abraxane, H & P. I'm still on it, hoping to eradicate the rest of the glucose-avid stuff in my lower lungs. I hope we'll see that on the next scan, because I'm getting pretty weary of side effects of Abraxane. The neuropathy in my fingers and toes makes me clumsy, and I'm getting more bumps, nicks, cuts, and stumbles. After having had exactly one UTI in my entire life before, I've now had two since August. I blame the chemo.

But all in all, things are looking up. I don't draw on eyebrows every day, but I'm getting better and making them match when I do decide to go to the trouble. I was failing at eyeliner because the H makes my eyes damp all the time. I figured out if I use a powdered/pencil liner first (putting it on with a brush) then that gives the liquid liner something to cling to. I have only a few pathetic little eyelashes left, and a few stray eyebrow hairs.

A small price to pay if this works out as hoped.

Amy

spiritualabundance 12-07-2015 06:36 PM

So great to hear such positive words and such hope. Good for you and good luck to you in your (re)new(ed) home! God bless!