HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   HELP please!! First time on taxotere (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60229)

starwishn2 02-19-2014 11:58 PM

Re: HELP please!! First time on taxotere

Adriana~
I am so sorry to hear about your rotten side effects. I finished Taxotere in Dec 2012. I couldn't have been happier to get done with that drug. My oncologist told me that I had "every rare side effect". I didn't get mouth sores (the only thing I didn't get) and I think it was largely because I started out rinsing my mouth with Biotene mouth rinse and a baking soda mix. I sucked on ice chips during and after chemo. I drank a lot of water and also cold, slushy drinks - anything cold helps. I did end up with chemo hands from the Taxotere (the chemo burned it's way out via my hands). I started (too late) immersing my hands in ice water for as long as I could stand it for the first 24 hours after chemo. I didn't have that problem after that. Taxotere - ugh - Such misery! Make sure to tell your oncologist about your SE's. Good luck - hang in there!

Jeri

Adriana Mangus 02-27-2014 09:46 PM

Re: HELP please!! First time on taxoter

Thank you everyone for your kind responses.

I'm feeling better - no I'm not -- but this is what I say to myself everymorning
I'm feeling better...c You can't control my body, go away, I hate you!
I didn't invite you to come into my life so leave now!

I finally got around to post this short note. I'm still around,
will finish taxotere in no time and will be back on my feet in no time.

Love you all. Talk to you soon.

Addie

Carol Ann 02-28-2014 10:21 AM

Hi Adiana, everyone above me has said it all, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you, I head into my LAST TCH on March 10 and yes, Taxotere is AWFUL!! Days 3-6 are the worst for me, just like StephN says, with the neck/jaw pain, etc -- I think that may be the lymph system doing its best to pump the crap out of our systems ... whatever it is, its miserable, I just lay here in the chair for days on end. And slug down as many fluids as I can, that does help.

Let everyone around you do as much as they can and are willing to do for you! I live in my pjs and take a lot of Epsom salt baths the first week after chemo.

Carol Ann

Laurel 02-28-2014 05:40 PM

Adriana,

I am glad you are hanging tight, but so sorry Taxotere is such a drag for you. I found Taxol to be harder on me then the AC, so you will not get an argument from me that it is a real stinker. I know you will tough it out, but wish you did not have to endure this. I will pray the remaining infusions are a easy.

sarah 03-01-2014 06:01 AM

hello
i was on taxol, which is similar. my onc put me on weekly infusions for 6 months because he felt i would tolerate it better, just a thought to bring up, use a bicarbonate mouth wash several times a day. i was very tired.
stay strong
love sarah