HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rest in peace, Mandamoo. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59281)

roz123 10-12-2013 08:09 AM

Re: Rest in peace, Mandamoo.

I read this last night and just couldn't respond. I've been thinking about her since I got up. I just hurt so bad for her family that lost her way to soon. I have kids about the same age as hers and I am so saddened for them her hubby and family.
If optimism and hope could cure cancer she would still be with us now.
Christine thank you for sharing with us.
Rest in peace dear sister

Becky 10-12-2013 09:20 AM

This is so sad. Amanda was such a sweet person and I didn't realize she was at this point in the road. I hate this disease because it is taking such a toll. I wish we didn't have another Angel looking over us.

Peace and love to Amanda's family.

Ceesun 10-12-2013 11:25 AM

I am sorry to read this about Amanda....she is way too young. I am so sick of this disease and the toll it takes on all of our lives. May she rest in peace. Ceesun

CarolineC 10-12-2013 01:52 PM

I haven't been able to respond because this is just so devastating. I had e-mailed her and she had said she was in palliative care, but really, this was Amanda, she always kept going. Totally shocking. My sincere condolences to her husband and beautiful children.

'lizbeth 10-12-2013 02:02 PM

It is hard to post, this is truly so sad. Modern medicine, modern cancer research didn't have the answers. Amanda had amazing doctors, and was very knowledgeable about her cancer. She had everything to live for, and clearly wanted to. She tried 9 treatments and every treatment failed her.

She was beaten by cancer and wanted to spend the time she had enjoying her family. It breaks my heart. We all wanted her to be well and to have many, many more years with her family.

tricia keegan 10-12-2013 04:11 PM

So very sad to read this, may she RIP and so sorry we have lost yet another member but perhaps gained an Angel! xx

europa 10-12-2013 05:26 PM

This news really shook me. It took a toll on me. I corresponded with her as we had the same stage. I am so saddened by this and so angry. Angry because those beautiful children are not going to have their Mommy anymore. You're in my prayers Amanda.

Cat 10-12-2013 05:44 PM

I am so saddened by this. Amanda seemed so sweet and it is hard to deal with the loss of another. My condolences to her family. Hugs to Heaven.

Jean 10-12-2013 06:03 PM

I feel so sad to read yet another dear sister is lost to us.

Mtngrl 10-13-2013 08:42 AM

I cried. I also resolved to pay more attention to what's going on with group members. Amanda was important to me, and my absence from the board meant I didn't have a chance to tell her that. She set a wonderful example of loving, attentive support for others. In her honor, I will follow that example.

MaineRottweilers 10-13-2013 10:18 AM

Rest in peace, Amanda.

rhondalea 10-13-2013 11:42 AM

What Amy said.

I'm so sorry that you're gone, Amanda.

janieR 10-13-2013 12:06 PM

So sad,

This is not right. Wished I could have met Amanda. Reading on this board she inspired so many. Thinking of her family and I am sure they must be so proud of her.

Janie

KDR 10-13-2013 04:07 PM

In her last email to me on 9/25, Amanda said she "could not believe this was happening," and that she "felt like she failed." To that I say, "No, dear Amanda, you DID not fail, the drugs FAILED you."

Drug companies, governments (especially foreign governments), policymakers, law-passers, as you drop in here from time to time, know that we have just lost a great friend and mother AGAIN, and you need to work harder, more diligently, and more in the interest of humanity than you are. Let the drugs cross your borders. Give patients a chance at what they want!

Karen

sarah 10-14-2013 12:34 AM

this is very sad. my condolences to her family and friends.
hugs and love
sarah

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-14-2013 11:43 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

In her last email to me (10/7) Amanda wrote of how hard she has tried (with what is available in Australia re genomic profiling). The cost of testing in US with all that would entail she said would exceed $15,000. She said she has more than 50 tumors each with their own profile that responds differently to tx.

She promised me she was trying to boost her immune system. She was very, very weak.

Her emails were getting shorter and shorter.

Full of love, Amanda always wrote, Thanks so much, Andi.

She had no doubt that some further possibilities would be available if she lived in the US. Phase 1 and 2 trails in Australia are limited and unfortunately she'd never responded to her HER2 tx. She remained hopeful that resting and recuperating will help her, however, her breathing and exercise capability was undeniably diminishing. She wrote, I WILL NEVER GIVE UP HOPING THOUGH. And again, she added, Thank you for caring. Amanda XX

My package to her has likely not yet arrived...

I just wrote to her earlier, because she hadn't responded to my last email, which she always does. I wanted permission to post her address, as some have PMd me, wanting to reach out to her, to shower her with cards.

Well, we can send our love to her beloved family!

Only yesterday, I saw a beautiful photo of Amanda on FB that a dear friend had taken. Her strength of Spirit shone!

AMANDA RYNNE
6 Killarra Avenue
Camberwell
Victoria 3124
AUSTRALIA

I am writing Amanda's name down in purple ink. I plan to touch it and close my eyes and send her my fervent love and blessings. I feel certain you will receive this energy. I will see her on the other side. Where we can hug and hold hands and dance, floating weightlessly with the joy of meeting. I smile dreaming of this...

Heartbroken! Shocked. Shaken to the core! Impossible. No one could have fought more!

Andi

SoCalGal 10-14-2013 04:38 PM

So sorry to read this news...jeez, so sad.

lkc Gumby 10-14-2013 06:28 PM

Very very sorry to read of Amanda's passing. The angels have just had another sweet new arrival...

suzan w 10-14-2013 07:11 PM

This is terrible news indeed. My heart goes out to her young family.

KirisMum 10-14-2013 07:57 PM

Unbelievable. I can't get my mind around the idea that she's gone. So young, so energetic and athletic, such a fighter, so full of life and hope.
Damn this brutal, evil, f*cking disease. :-(