HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brain MRI - Hmmmm (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58400)

Andrea Barnett Budin 06-21-2013 01:32 PM

Re: Brain MRI - Hmmmm

TALK ABOUT THE POWER OF YOUR THOUGHTS... LET'S TALK ABOUT THE SPOKEN WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From a bright, fiesty patient who knows some things some docs don't yet get!!!!!!!!!! Horrah for our shero!!!!!!!!!

NEDenise 06-21-2013 04:12 PM

Hello Friends,
I hope this doesn't sound like whining...
I'm sharing...in case anyone else walks this road later...and wonders if what they're experiencing is "normal".

So...yesterday, I thought I felt blechy (that's an advanced medical term for feeling BAAAAD)...anyway, I thought I was feeling bad because of the yummy cocktail they made me drink for my CT scans. But alas, as this day has worn on, I've begun to realize that what I am actually experiencing is steroid withdrawal.

Apparently, the price I have to pay in order to rediscover my cheekbones, and drop all these extra pounds is to feel really bad for a few days. At least I hope it's only for a few days.

I have a headache, dizziness, nausea, and a healthy dose of fatigue. But, unless the headaches gets so bad that advil doesn't help...
or the dizziness makes me actually fall down...
the doc says I have to try to tough it out and continue the taper.
Which sucks...and this is pure whining...the weekend is about to begin, I have good things planned...and I'm likely to have to beg off on all the fun

Oh! BTW - upon further consideration...I suspect the 'little smiling guy' in the MRI images is actually the one gobbling up the goo! He's the Goo-Gobbler! Now I have a face to visualize when I focus on cleaning up the goo!

So...he's one of the goooo-d guys! (right Sassy!)
And, Pamela, I didn't even get to see the video...so no...it's not going to show up online. :)

And, Andi...I see the little doggie now...don't know how I missed him the first time!

Love to all of you! Thanks for caring, and checking in!
Denise

KDR 06-21-2013 05:38 PM

I hope the weekend brings you relief, Denise.

You are one trooper.

Karen

Bunty 06-21-2013 08:50 PM

Denise, you are definitely not a whiner - you are a sharer of the good, and sometimes the not so good - and you continue to be an inspiration. I can't think of a better person to appeal to the medicos in the video. And remember, the withdrawal symptoms will pass very soon, and the goo will be gone too!

You-Go-Girl!

Cheers Marie

Paty 06-21-2013 09:59 PM

Dear Denise,

I can see Mickey and the guy with the sun glasses, i bet they laugh a lot too when you talk about them and describe your brain issues. Love your attitude, you are really a great lady.
Way to go Denise, hugs to you.

Paty

chekmark 06-22-2013 07:13 AM

Looks like u need to add movie star to your signature. Hope U start feeling better soon and the prayers have never stopped. Take care my dear friend.

SusanN 06-22-2013 10:30 AM

So glad to for update dearest Denise!!! Keep a swingin'...what a inspiration you are...know I'm praying!!

ElaineM 06-22-2013 11:58 AM

So glad things seem to be going in the right direction.
Take good care of yourself.

Jackie07 06-22-2013 12:35 PM

Brain scans always invoke our most creative imagination. When my Central Neurocytoma was first diagnosed in 1990, I saw a giant panda on the CT and later MRI scans and pointed it out to everyone I knew.

Have to admit the 'Mighty' Mouse is cute ...

Sending you good vibes.

Mandamoo 06-22-2013 05:14 PM

Oh Denise you have me laughing - I see Mickey and the Goo gobbler!
I am. So glad you continue to trailblaze, to speak such powerful words!
A xxxx

Andrea Barnett Budin 06-22-2013 07:15 PM

THINKING OF YOU, NEDenise... Hoping you're feeling better and better. Weaning sucks. Wish I could just make it all go away for you. But progress on all the other fronts is fab! Love, ANDI

SoCalGal 06-23-2013 12:35 AM

Well sh*t. I guess if you can tough out cancer and chemo and 4000000 doctor appointments, having things cut out, cut off, fall out and maybe even fall off, then some cold turkey drug withdrawal should be a cake walk. Never really understood that expression anyhow, so take it to mean eat cake the whole time you feel blech. I'm with you, girl. I know you be with me too so let's go---cake walk - moonwalk, whatever it takes. You inspire me everyday. Xxxxoooo

StephN 06-23-2013 06:35 PM

That Decadron can try to stick like glue! I had a hard time early in my wean. Woke up at the crack of dawn one day with excruciating pains in my legs! I think the very worst I ever had. I could barely walk. Made it out to my computer and emailed my med onc at 6am. At 7 am he replied - told me to go back a dose and try again in lower in a couple of days. And to take as much Aleve as I wanted/needed.
That worked, but I sure had a rough day while I got back to the amount of the dreaded drug that my body thought I needed.

Now for the fatigue problem. Taking that drug masks your real level of fatigue. You are artificially "up." Then comes the crash. And it came rather suddenly for me as it seem for you. Felt like I was dragging around 80 pound weights on each ankle! Could barely lift my knees to shuffle around.

Took about 3 weeks to get out of that tunnel, but then the sun shined and I was able to get my strength back a little at a time. Hope you are now on the upside, and the downside is fading into a bad memory.