HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Doxil...q28 days -time is of the essence (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58243)

Vicky 05-31-2013 07:13 AM

Re: Doxil...q28 days -time is of the essence

Jessica- adding my heartfelt thoughts and prayers with the others. Hopeful- and lifting you- praying for strength, clarity and peace.

CarolineC 05-31-2013 09:47 AM

Jessica,

Could some of the issue be fibrosis? You just had radiation 6 months ago.

You will continue to be miraculous and amazing and this treatment will work. Wish I could be there to give you a huge hug and give you strength. I'm glad you have your family with you.

'lizbeth 05-31-2013 12:19 PM

Jessica,

Ugh. I wish that you had received better news.

My friend posted yesterday that "If God only gives us what we can handle, he must think I'm a real bad ass."

Well I think that you are really strong and courageous, spirited and tenacious.

I hope the Doxil kicks the cancer's butt and that even tho it is kicking your butt - that you will bounce back again even stronger.

dawny 05-31-2013 03:39 PM

Jessica
Adding my best wishes along with all of your friends here. I am sorry you are scared, let's hope the cancer is terrified, seeing doxil come its way!
Dawn xx

jml 05-31-2013 03:53 PM

Hi My Friends~
Thank you for your encouragement & prayers. I can feel them, I can!
We meet with in-home hospice tomorrow - not because I necessarily think we're
"at that point", but it is the option I have chosen and would like to know as much
about the program and what to expect.We leaned on the nurses so much when my dad was in hospice and I want my mom and sisters to have that support again.
I had a long, very honest conversation with my NP and I feel less disoriented about what to expect.
As I always say, Knowledge is Power.
I don't think it will necessarily make things easier, but it is somehow helpful.
I haven't given up!
My NP said it's too early to say whether the Doxil is working or not - and I'll have some good days and some bad days, and I have to remember that I am still anemic and all the SE's of chemo are still in play. It's confusing though, bc when I feel well, I think it's working. When I don't feel well I'm scared that it's not.

I am keeping the Faith my friends~

Jessica

karen z 05-31-2013 06:18 PM

Thanks for posting again Jessica.
It makes sense that you would want to have as much support as possible for yourself as well as for your mom and sis. I am glad that you had a good talk with your NP and that it helped you get centered. Please let me know if there is anything you need or I can do to help out. I am not far away!
Love,
K