HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   12 years from lumpectomy and good news (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56486)

Jackie07 11-07-2012 07:16 PM

Re: 12 years from lumpectomy and good news

Glad you are doing better.

The nurse who gave us the flu shots a couple of days ago also mentioned the shingle vaccine. We are also supposed to get the 10-year booster shots for whooping cough... (One of hubby's nieces is expecting later of the month, and she had told us (everyone) that we would not be allowed to see the baby unless we have had the shots... :)

Kim in CA 11-09-2012 12:50 PM

Steph Congratulations on your good news!

I'm so glad NED has a crush on you!

Now just need to get those leg issues resolved.

Sending hugs to our "pioneer woman",

Kim

PS: I posted a reply to you earlier, but who knows where in cyber space it ended up.

mamacze 11-10-2012 08:13 AM

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST?!?!?! 12 YEARS .... NED..... NO HERCEPTIN FOR 4 YEARS?!?!?
This is kick up your heels news!!! You are nothing short of amazing Steph - and you hang in there with us serving up snippets of hope every single day! I am uncorking a bottle of wine - right now - to celebrate your good health!!
XOXO Kim (from CT)

glug glug!!

ElaineM 11-10-2012 01:51 PM

Congratulations on the great news Steph !!

karen z 11-12-2012 09:08 AM

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS AND HOORAY FOR YOUR WONDERFUL NED NEWS.
Wow, that is interesting about the leg. I will be very happy for you when you are running (yes running) around Seattle again.
Love,
K

sarah 11-12-2012 10:02 AM

Hi Stephanie,
Re the shingles, is it too late to get the treatment for it? I seem to remember there's a short window to get treatment for it. Also people on this site have suggested we all get the Zoster vaccine to protect against shingles if we've had chicken pox. Unfortunately so far in France they don't consider it effective, not sure why - perhaps because it wasn't invented here!
Shingles is very painful, hope it's clearing up
hugs and love sarah

Barbara H. 11-12-2012 10:09 AM

Hi Stephanie,
I am glad that you are beginning to feel better. My oncologist will not allow me to have the shingles shot.
Best,
Barbara H.

Adriana Mangus 11-14-2012 10:08 PM

Hi Stephanie,

Glad to hear the great news.

Sending you a big cyber hug and prayers for a speedy
leg recovery. Ouch!!

Love,

Adriana

StephN 11-15-2012 12:31 AM

Thanks, dear friends.

I did have the Zoster shot a couple of years back, which is said to be about 85% effective against the actual shingles virus.

Since what I am getting over (YES! that pain is receding) is not exactly caused by that virus, I was told that I needed to wait out the nerve settling down. "Wait out" is RIGHT! I have never been so disabled for so long in my life.

My massage therapist is now able to work on my knee area and help with stretching out the stiff muscles and fasia. She comes again tomorrow. We have been working on some exercises which I am able to see some improvement with.

Not yet cleared to drive, but that should come when I see my neurosurgeon this coming Monday.

KsGal 11-16-2012 04:27 AM

Im sorry I missed this. Congratulations, Steph. That's really beautiful news. You give us all hope.