HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update - and uber-scanxiety! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52958)

Sheila 01-24-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Update - and uber-scanxiety!

Chris
You know where my thoughts are....saying prayers that you will be the shining star you aways are....and your scans will show the Dr's what stellar results are!

Sending nothing but positive vibes, a few stamps, and some magic!

PinkGirl 01-24-2012 08:42 AM

Hey Chris Y. I know you'll perform well ... you're a star!!!

Need a good laugh today? I was going through Tiptoe's steamer trunk
and I found a Genentech cookie (thought I had already eaten them all.)
The date on it was 2004 ... so I ate it.... a 7 year old cookie.

Stay strong woman. I know you'll find what you need.

chrisy 01-24-2012 08:46 AM

Pink - ill bet that cookie was still good! My record is a two year old one...guess I'm better at sniffing them out!

chrisy 01-24-2012 08:58 AM

Thank you all...it's still scary of course, but somehow I do feel better

Karen, wow, you really nailed it. I wonder about that - how I am so unable at times to accept for myself the truths and encouragement I so readily see for everyone else!

And I have met many of those researchers you spoke of, whose most fervent hope is that this will be the day;that their effort will be successful; that we will be saved. Not so that they get money or fame or glory, but because they have a personal agenda to win the battles we fight. Very inspiring to me, although I never miss a chance to tell them to hurry things up!

Thanks for those reminders.

Emelie B 01-24-2012 10:51 AM

Chrisy,
You know those of use who are in the same boat know EXACTLY how you feel. Wait and watch, wait and watch. You just need to put your positive hat on and know this or some other treatment will get you back to NED.
I know your results will be as stellar as you are.
Holding positive thoughts always,
Emelie

Lori R 01-24-2012 12:26 PM

Chrisy,
You are our pioneer in blazing successful trails for these new drug combos. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is another silver bullet.

If this doesn't work magic, there are so many alternatives both old and new available. I am proof that good old friends such as Abraxanne can work its magic a 2nd time and with a very high quality of life.

Then we have Big P (can't spell it, certainly can't say it) coming in this summer.
+++ more in the pipeline.

I am sure your fantastic Drs. wil continue to seek the most innovative solutions available and you have the courage to give them a try.

This is going to work out for you!!!

Keeping the faith...Lori

Mary Anne in TX 01-24-2012 01:03 PM

Chris, I will think of lab rats in a whole different way from this day on! I certainly will be praying and believing that the "blend" is perfect for you. ma

NEDenise 01-25-2012 07:23 AM

Chris,
You're in my prayers every single day anyway...but I'll pray even harder for a good scan next week.
With love,
Denise

Ellie F 01-25-2012 08:28 AM

Chris
You were my inspiration when I joined this board and you remain so to this day. I hope and pray for really good news for you soon. I keep hearing that her 2 will be the first bc they cure-that day can't come soon enough! Roll on total her family blockade!
Ellie

michka 01-25-2012 09:04 AM

Chris, one has to admit that MM302 is not a very sexy name but it sounds good to go after stupid mets! Keeping my fingers crossed until the next scans. Hugs. Michka

JennyB 01-25-2012 02:11 PM

Chrisy,

I hope beyond belief that you get the scan results we all so fervently wish for you. Stay strong cos you really are amazing!

Jenny x

schoolteacher 01-25-2012 02:26 PM

Chrisy, I pray for good scan results for you.

Amelia

Ceesun 01-25-2012 05:42 PM

Chrisy, please know that I am on the bandwagon for all positive news for you. With prayers and fingers crossed, Ceesun

Mary Jo 01-25-2012 05:56 PM

You got 'um sweet Chrisy.......Much love from my heart to yours.

Mary Jo

Becky 01-25-2012 07:23 PM

And your new drug does have "M&M" in it. I noticed even though Caya and Pink, our official chocolites, did not. So it has to be doing something good.

I cheer and root for you and many others here every day. And the day will come when this cancer thing is done and gone.

SoCalGal 01-25-2012 11:25 PM

Hoping for mmgood.
Sending love, hugs and a TON of strength!
We are with you. Love Flori

Debbie L. 01-26-2012 09:28 AM

Cris, and Karen too,

Sending lots of good thoughts as you wait for your scan results. Hoping you can "use" the angst of the waiting to heighten your awareness and enjoyment of some good moments in the coming days. But knowing there will be moments of anxiety, too -- and again, sending love and good thoughts for all of it.

Out there on the cutting edge(s) where you two are, it must be amazing. You're dealing not just with "the usual" stuff of treatment, side effects, and response -- but with everyone's (researchers, practitioners, patients) emotions and hope for success. If you're in the mood, would you talk about that part of it? I have no idea what it's like, but can imagine that there are both good and hard things about being in this position?

Debbie Laxague

KDR 01-26-2012 01:08 PM

Hi, Debbie,
Thanks for your good vibes and wishes! I'm not worried, get the results tomorrow. My CEA is just a few points above normal, they've been taken down by half after six weeks alone. The rest of the bloods look good, so tomorrow, when we see how well the regimen is doing in terms of measurement now that my oncologist is in ATTACK MODE, I'll be sure to let everyone know. I also feel a sense of responsibility and need to do well because I'm the first on Pertuzumab. Looks good so far, let me tell you. I have full trust in my oncologist and her nature and mission, and I know she would never put me in harm's way. So I'm letting it all happen under her watch. Thanks so much for asking about this "part" of treatment.
Love
Karen

chrisy 01-26-2012 03:08 PM

Debbie L -

You always say the most perceptive things - and you are SOOO right, the way way cutting edge side of the house is very different, even different from the still cutting-edge but further along in the process area of Phase II studies.

I will post more later on this topic, I have even more perspective on this than I did in San Antonio...

Have to go to a meeting with my boss right now tho:)

sassy 01-27-2012 07:22 PM

Chrissy you don't have to have a sexy treatment--you're sexy enough already! We know you were the sexpot on stage at the Genentech reception! I actually think thats why they asked you to be a part of the group!

Keep being our trailblazer.....

Keeping you and Karen in my thoughts and prayers.