HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on the Journey for NED (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52598)

Lori R 12-24-2011 09:32 AM

Re: Update on the Journey for NED

Sheila,
As always, so nice to see a post from you. Sorry to hear of continued challenges. UGH!!! Many of us know the frustration well.

It sounds as if your home is warm and cheery this holiday season. Sitting in front of the colorful lights is one of life's simple pleasures for sure. I hope you feel up to soaking up their magical glow.

I agree with the wise input from everyone on the board. More drugs in the pipeline!! More vaccines on the way. Then of course, there are our old friends that seem to help us out. I am on my 3rd run with a taxane and 2nd go around with my old friend Abraxane. Maybe another run with an old friend will tide you over until "Mr. P" becomes available.

Sending warm holiday wishes and I look forward to your inspiring posts in 2012.

Lori

chekmark 12-27-2011 11:27 AM

Sheila, I first want to say that you look amazing. Something must be working. I hope that you can find some comfort from that neck pain. I saw an interesting break thru recently for gyno cancer ( a chemo wash that olny takes an hour and you are done). Lets hope this advancement will get to breat cancer as well. Stay strong and I am praying for you. Darlene

schoolteacher 12-27-2011 01:06 PM

Thinking of you, Shelia. You are one of my heroes.

Amelia

ammebarb 12-27-2011 06:00 PM

Hi Sheila. I haven't been on for a while, but hoped to see an update from you today. I'm so sorry you are having pain, but will be praying for a new plan that does great things for you. We all need to keep asking for the cure! Sending love and hugs and wishes for a kind 2012!

Barb A.

Mary Jo 12-29-2011 01:03 PM

Hi Sheila...Although we have never met, I do consider you a long time friend. I care about you and what you are going through.

You are always a pillar of strength and encouragement to all. Today I post to offer some encouragement to you....not to mention a GENTLE HUG AND LOTS OF LOVE FROM MY HEART.

I am sorry you are having pain issues and that treatment hasn't been working for you. No, asking for a CURE is definitely not asking too much and I PRAY PRAY PRAY that one would be found and so many wouldn't have to struggle and suffer through this very nasty disease.

Merry Christmas dear friend and may 2012 bring you health......a deep seeded peace and more joy than that beautiful heart of yours can hold.

You are loved "sister!"

Mary Jo

bejuce 12-30-2011 01:18 PM

Hi Sheila,

Sorry to hear about your latest struggles with this beast. May 2012 bring you the magical drug or combo that will destroy this beast. Hope you're enjoying your holiday season without so much pain and discomfort. And hope that rather than the world ending in 2012, what will end is HER-2+ breast cancer and other cancers as well!!

Love,

Marcia

KsGal 12-31-2011 12:26 AM

Im new to the board here, but I have read your posts and you are truly inspirational. Im so sorry to hear of your current symptoms, but will certainly pray that you are relieved of them soon.

michka 12-31-2011 01:43 AM

Sheila I hope you are able to enjoy the Holidays. Just to tell you that at midnight, when I think of the ones I love, I will include you in my wishes for the New Year hoping that 2012 will bring you the best. I just can't stand that you are not well. You are our precious sister. Love and Hugs. Michka

Shobha 01-03-2012 05:34 PM

Sheila,

You are such a brave fighter and have been an inspiration for so many of us here. Praying hard that you get right combination to get better soon! Sending best wishes for 2012! You are always in my thoughts.

hugs,
shobha

KDR 01-03-2012 05:44 PM

Sheila,
I was just going to post what Joan said. I am on the trial, one of 63 in the U.S. that combines T-DM1 with Pertuzumab. In 6-8 months, it should be approved, from what I'm hearing.

Happy New Year, you continue to be an inspiration to us all.
Karen

alicem 01-03-2012 08:42 PM

Oh Sheila,

I'm so sorry to hear this news. As Brenda would say . . . crap on a crapstick!! I think you know that you are my hero, and if anyone is deserving of a cure, it is you! I hope that your doctors are able to come up with a good option that will not only clear up your pain, but will zap those #%*^)&%!%@# cancer cells.

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. Sending you warm hugs and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Alice

Becky 01-04-2012 06:12 AM

Dear Sheila

I am sorry things aren't working right now. Consider returning to something that did in the past such as Taxol (or Taxotere) with Herceptin and Tykerb - will they do that combo or any combo with Herceptin and Tykerb together. Just thinking out loud on what can stabilize you until you can get TDM1 or a trial with something else.

You are one of the strongest women I have ever met and a true warrior. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

caya 01-04-2012 06:17 AM

Dear Sheila,

Please keep your spirits up, I'm hoping your docs will find the right magic combo for you. You are one of the bravest, upbeat, women I "know."

Also hoping 2012 is the year of the cure!!

all the best
caya

Sheila 01-04-2012 07:25 AM

As always, thank you all for the love and support...I truly do not know what I would do without all of you! Had scans last week, and will know the results next Wednesday...and know if a treatment change is in order...still having the pain but I think I am getting used to it...scary, another new normal.

In the mean time, one of my labs, Sophie, tore her ACL and will be having surgery Friday....hope the New year improves for all of us!

KristinSchwick 01-04-2012 07:35 AM

Sheila,
A cure is not too much to ask for, and we are all praying that your oncologist will find "the one" for you. Pertuzumab is coming this year- 2012, so says my oncologist! Just have to hang on til then! I think of you and all your encouragement, keep the faith. Remember, faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.
Huggs,
Kristin

Gerri 01-04-2012 09:13 AM

Shelia,

You are never far from my mind. I hope the results of your scans are a nice surprise for you rather than the need for a new combo. May 2012 be YOUR year!

Barbara H. 01-15-2012 01:32 PM

Hi Shelia,
I am sorry that you have had this setback. Pain should not be the new normal. My thoughts are always with you, and I so appreciate the help that you gave me when I was having issues with my insurance approving my Tykerb/Herceptin combination.
You should continue to hope to become NED. As you are aware, new therapies are being developed. You just need to be find one that works for your stubborn variety of Her2. You are a tenacious person, and I know you will continue to search for the treatment that eventually works.
Thank you for keeping us updated. You remain very special to me.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.

chrisy 01-15-2012 07:16 PM

Kristin
I love it when people. Quote my favorite movies!

ElaineM 01-15-2012 08:48 PM

I have my fingers crossed for a decent scan report on Wednesday. I think re-trying something that worked pretty well is a good idea unti Mr. P. gets approval from the FDA to come and help everyone who needs his assistance.
Take good care of yourself.

Pray 01-17-2012 12:09 AM

Shelia, you are always in my prayers as is your family. Gods blessings to all of you.