HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   doctor update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50912)

Sheila 07-30-2011 06:15 AM

Re: doctor update

Pam...so sorry to read of yet another setback. Hoping the radiation will gain control of the mets....was hoping for better results from the Halaven for you....any chance you can still get into a TDM-1 trial anywhere? As always you are in my prayers....stay strong and get this new hurdle behind you. Don't get overwhelmed, focus on healing.
Sending a big hug.

Pray 07-31-2011 02:05 AM

Pam, Gods blessingts to you and your family. I will pray for all of you. The first year I was dx I spent fearing the worst and all I fear now is wasting another day. ( admittedly I started an anti-dep. it has helped me to get my happy back and have a much better attitude), I'm sure I can do it on my own now. You leave me in absolute awe reading your sig. You inspire me to be strong everyday no matter what! You already have the attitude and strength.

ammebarb 07-31-2011 06:55 AM

I am also praying for you, Pam, and sending a gentle cyber hug.

Barb A.

mmoons 07-31-2011 07:21 AM

Hi Pam-

You are so special...so incredibly special and brave. I, like everyone else, was hoping to read good news when I was opening your post. I am so sorry for the struggles you are facing. Praying that the radiation is successful.

I hope you feel all the love and prayers coming your way. You are such a warrior.

Love and peace and healing to you, Pam.

Maureen

Lori R 07-31-2011 08:05 AM

Pam,
I was pleased to read that they are able to radiate the bone mets, is there a chance that will bring down your markers?

I've been thinking about TDM-1 for you, but not certain why that wasn't an option. There are many on the site that would love to help you navigate treatment. (I am thinking Denver) Could you ask your Onc about that option?

Sending you an extra dose of strength and of course a big hug for comfort.

Lori R

Emelie B 07-31-2011 11:34 AM

Pam,
I am so sorry that you have so very much going on! Hopefully, the radiation will help and give you some peace of mind.
I agree with Lori. Have you asked about TDM-1? I just switched to the onc. that Brenda see's here in Denver and love that man. He is so thourough and knowledgeable. I would be glad to help in any way possible if you can get into the EAP.
Please let us know how things are going and know you are always in my thoughts and prayers and your strength helps to strenghten me.
Take care and be kind to yourself.
Emelie

Jackie07 07-31-2011 11:39 AM

Pam,

For exercise - try to open your fingers and close them repeatedly. Do the same with your toes (bend and wiggle while tapping) It's a safe and effective exercise. You can do it in any position: standing, sitting, or while lying in bed.

Waiting for your next update...

Pam P 08-01-2011 03:19 PM

1 down 19 to go on rads. As you who have done them know it's exhausting just to have to go everyday. I'm still feeling down with all this new news. The orthopedic surgeon wants m to come for a consult on the back MRI on Wed. More bad news I'm guessing. I just can't get my mind to stop being occupied with this subject - I'm obsessing on it which I know doesn't help.

Thank you all for your suggestions for safe exercise. suggestions about t-dm1 - I checked on line again today - nothing in MN. I don't have the funds to fly somewhere for txs out of state. Any update on FDA approval date? And thank you all for all your prayers and support. Pam

Laurel 08-01-2011 04:03 PM

Pam,

I was away for a few days just now returning to the Her2 site. I am truly saddened to see things are still a terribly rough go for you. It is so unfair that this scourge will not relent a bit so you can catch your breath. Sending prayers that the Halaven kicks back in gear and knocks that @%*& back to hell where it belongs.

sassy 08-01-2011 08:46 PM

Pam,

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for new avenues of response.

Pray 08-01-2011 10:08 PM

Pam, You are in my prayers also, along with your family!

michka 08-01-2011 10:29 PM

Dear Pam. I am sorry you are fighting pain again.I hope the radiation will help. I also hope Halaven is working and that your onc will come up with another option if you cannot get TDM1.. I am sending hugs. Michka