HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   It's happening (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41300)

GemmaG 10-05-2009 05:50 AM

Re: It's happening

Dear Sue,
Sweetheart, you're a wonderful daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sending lots of love and prayers.
Love,
Gemma

suzan w 10-05-2009 11:00 AM

sad news indeed...my prayers for you and our family are on the way xo Suzan

Leslie's sister 10-05-2009 11:35 AM

I'm so sorry for you. I know that your heart is breaking. What an awful thing to be going through at such a young age. You are in my prayers.

Lisa

WolverineFan 10-05-2009 11:52 AM

Dear Sue,

My heart just breaks for you when I read your post. I don't know of any "right" words to say, but please know that the people on this board truly do care. My kids are nine and five, and I pray that they will not be in your shoes at such a young age as you. You have been through so much, and have been a wonderful support system for your mom. I know she must be so proud. Your mom will be with you ALWAYS, and I believe you will always be able to feel her presence.

I know I am far away, but truly, if there is anything I can do, please let me know. Until then, please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,
Hayley

tricia keegan 10-05-2009 12:10 PM

Sue, there are no words but I'll praying for you all as you face this.
We're here for you. ((((hugs))))

schoolteacher 10-05-2009 12:52 PM

Sue,

I am so sorry to hear what is happening. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Amelia

DanaRT 10-05-2009 01:53 PM

Big hugs to loveher and believe. Such a difficult time. Prayers and warm thoughts heading you way(s).

Love,
Dana

Sheila 10-05-2009 04:40 PM

Sue
You and your Mom and Family are in my prayers....knowing how difficult this time is. Sending strength and love....you need to ask hospice to stay longer if you need them....i believe they will come anytime and stay as long as needed. What a lucky Mom to have a daughter like you.....a big hug

chrisy 10-05-2009 05:55 PM

Sue,
I have no words...just prayers for you and your family at this time.

Peace,
Chris

vlcarr 10-05-2009 07:40 PM

Dearest Sue,

I have a daughter who is 25 and has been by my side since the beginning of my journey. Speaking as a mother, I can tell you that your Mom loves you very much and she hates that you are having to go through this more than she hates that she does.

But, I also know how very proud of you your mother is just like I am of my daughter. I'm amazed at the strength and courage she has shown and I know your mother feels the same.

Please know that you are both in my heart and how sorry I am that you have to go through this.

loveher 10-06-2009 03:39 AM

My mom passed yesterday morning 11 am. I havent actually slept so it feels like it happened today.

It was very peacefull. Not at all how it is in the movies. We were all by her side. Her blood pressure lowered and her breathing became more and more difficult until she decieded to finally take a rest from this long long journey.

I've been feeling a mixture of things. I feel sad, i felt frustrated with the world, some moments i still feel like i need to call the doctors and ask about tumor markers and scans but I've also had moments where i felt a lot of relief. at the actual moment it happened i felt relieved.

It's been an unbelievable 10 years. all these years of fighting with set backs and victories. a lot of tears shed. through everything i have seen the ultimate show of strength from my mother. I don't think strength has to scream really loud or boast i think strength is the determination to fight against seemingly insurmoutable odds. My friend texted me and reasurred me that my mom won her battle a long time ago. And i believe it. In my heart my mom is my hero. She's taught me so so much about life, about love. I don't feel like she's gone, she's definently still here.

I'm so glad i found this board. I hope everyone here who is battling this disease will give it all they've got. There's nothing to be afraid of.

love
-Sue

Karen Wheel 10-06-2009 04:42 AM

Sorry to hear your news. You and your family are in my thoughts and sending peace and good energy to you and yours...
Karen

Savta 10-06-2009 05:10 AM

Deepest sympathy for your loss. May you be comforted by the wonderful memories you carry in your heart of your courageous mother. And be assured that your love and support gave her the strength to fight the fight.
Prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

MJo 10-06-2009 06:46 AM

I am sorry for your loss. I am sorry you are experiencing this so young, while you are in college. I am grateful for what you said about heroism being steady and quietly determined. Your mom gave us all a lesson. God bless you and your family.

caya 10-06-2009 06:59 AM

Dear Sue,

Sorry to hear you mom's passing, glad it was peaceful. You mom definitely was a great warrior, and inspiration to all of us.

I have 2 college age daughters myself, and I intend to give it all I have, as you say.

May you find comfort knowing your mother is at rest now.

all the best to you and your family
caya

vlcarr 10-06-2009 11:24 AM

What a beautiful tribute your words are to your mother. Wishing you peace and understanding in the upcoming days and weeks ahead.

ammebarb 10-06-2009 03:18 PM

Dear Sue,
Sending along my most sincere sympathy and a wish for your solace in this difficult time. Your mom has left much of herself in you. I know you will feel her love for you for always.

Barb A.

Soccermom 10-06-2009 04:35 PM

My prayers are with you as well,Sue..
Marcia

Gerri 10-06-2009 06:05 PM

Dear sweet Sue,

I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your mother to this horrid disease. I lost mine at the age of 12, so I really do know of the hurt you are feeling. You will miss your mom so much at the defining moments of your life, but know this, she lives on in you and will be there for eternity.

You are an amazing young woman Sue. My prayers to you and your family.

alicem 10-06-2009 07:58 PM

Sue,

I agree with Vicky, what beautiful words you wrote about your mother, I know she is proud of you. Any of us would be proud to have someone like you for a daughter.

I still remember the day my mother passed away. I sat in my car in the hospital parking lot watching people go about their lives as usual. I wanted to scream and shout at everyone saying "My Mother just DIED!! You need to stop and mourn along with me!!". . . it was not an ordinary day for me.

That was 10 years ago. On the anniversary of her death, I made her famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and felt her presence in the kitchen like never before. As I bit into one that was fresh out of the oven, I started bawling my eyes out as memories came flooding in. The pain never really goes away, but it does get easier. Thank God for our memories. May you experience the peace that only He can give.

I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Love,
Alice