HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   VickieH - trailblazing Pazopanib (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40877)

StephN 10-18-2009 10:51 PM

Re: VickieH - trailblazing Pazopanib

Dear Vickie -
I am so glad you posted, as I was about to ring your bell and find out how you are. Naturally I am extremely sorry the last trial drug did not do the job. We have missed your wit and charm here.

Is there ANY way to get into a T-DM1 trial?? I have a friend who is having good results against her skin mets with just three doses so far. I will be posting on that thread. She had become too weak for any other chemos and had been reduced to 1/2 dose on her last round of cytoxin. Her onc had told her he did not know what else to give her and she persisted on her own and got into this trial in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. They are closing it soon.

I do so wish there was a way for you to get this drug. The Idaho trial is also for Pertuzumab for those who do not show good improvent on the T-DM1 alone. So far my friend has not had the Pertuzumab.

I am right there holding those twigs and branches with you, dear sister. Your faith is strong, as is our faith in you.

Chelee 10-18-2009 11:25 PM

Hi Vickie, I am so sorry to hear this last trial wasn't working for you. I'm with Steph on this one...you really might want to check into the TDM1 study and see if it's at all possible to get into it. In fact I was saw Dr. Slamon and he just lights up when talking about this study...he said it's had such great results. Another plus is it wouldn't be so toxic like the other chemo drugs which would be easier on your veins I would think.

My heart really goes out to you...& I want you to know I will be praying that the Gemzar & Cisplatin takes care of those mets for good. Sending you warm healing thoughts & prayers.

Love & hugs!

Chelee

Rich66 10-19-2009 12:54 AM

TDM-1 seems worth pursuing if possible.
Also, could you get Herceptin AND Tykerb to better close Her2 path? Zoledronic acid? Any options in the Articles of interest section here possible? (especially cancer stem cell fighters thread) Provectus has a compassionate use of PV10, used in melanoma as well. I can forward you a file with some other treatment options.

It also occurs to me that you may be able to easily provide a biopsy for one of those tisssue tests to see what would work. ?? (rational therapeutics or the like)

Have you had a biopsy since 1st? ER status could have changed...could be a major factor.

Lastly, my mom's onc has been using a unique sequence of Taxanes combined with Tamoxifen that he has been having some amazing results with in a variety of cancers, not just breast, not just ER+. My mom hasn't had it but is being discussed. It's a rough regimine but might help. Could try to connect the dots on that if you like.

MJo 10-19-2009 05:11 AM

Please don't ever think you are "adding to the toll" We want to hear from you and wonder when we don't. This board is to help you hang on to every branch and patch of grass. And if you decide to let go, we are here for that too. But it sounds like there are still promising weapons for you to try, like TDMI. I've heard it called super herceptin. All the very best.

Mary Anne in TX 10-19-2009 07:28 AM

Vickie Girl, I hurt inside as I read your news. I just knew that you must be having trouble because you were so quiet. I hate those mets that are making your life complicated and painful! Sending you love and hugs, ma

michka 10-19-2009 07:53 AM

Dear Vickie, I am so sorry Pazopanib did not work well. I hope you will have better results with your new combo. Maybe you should start to investigate with your onc the TDM-1 trial as Chelee and Steph suggested. Just to be ready. I send you strength and lots of hugs. Please tell us how you feel whenever you need to. We care. Michka

Ellie F 10-19-2009 09:52 AM

Dearest Vickie
My heart is so sorry that this trial did not work for you. I want to second what has already been said about T-DMI trials.It must be worth a try even though I know the effort to pursue this takes a lot of energy and commitment as Chelee is finding.
What about any immunotherapy trial ?
I am praying for the key to stop these mets.
Love Ellie

Patb 10-19-2009 10:49 AM

I am so sorry this trial is not working for you. Please
keep up the good fight and I pray for you daily to
have strength and courage to do this.
patb

lkc Gumby 10-19-2009 10:55 AM

Vicki,
I too am sorry that the trial didn't work out for you. Please keep hanging on to that branch. I am sure there is another option for you.
God Bless and I will keep you in my prayers.

ElaineM 10-19-2009 03:28 PM

I am so sorry to read your news. Please hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Speaking of putting one foot in front of the other I thought I might share some information with you that might be helpful.
First of all the University of Washington Tumor Vaccine Group is or was conducting a clinical trial using Imiquimod, an immune response modifier (Aldera) which is normally used for skin cancer with Abraxane for breast cancer skin mets.
The second thing I would like to share is that you might want to consider talking to a good dermatologist for the skin mets. I had tiny skin mets many years ago. I decided that since they were visable I would go talk to my dermatologist about removing them. My dermatologist removed the skin mets with local anethesia while I continued on drug therapy. Attacking the tiny skin mets from two angles was the right thing for me.

Laurel 10-19-2009 06:47 PM

Vickie,

You are so very brave to clutch at those patches of grass on that slippery and exhausting slope. I am so sorry the Pazopanib did not do the trick, but I am praying the Gemzar & Cisplatin combo rallies you and beats back that ugly mets!

You will be in my heart and prayers. Your earlier post to Marie was beautiful. Praying for peace for you and yours.

Jackie07 10-19-2009 07:37 PM

Vickie,

Hope you are resting well. Thank you for posting your thoughts at this trying time. Please know that we love you and are praying for you.

Carolyns 10-19-2009 07:47 PM

Vickie,

I hope that you are resting and that the chemo is doing it's job. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Unregistered 10-20-2009 12:24 PM

Vickie,
Adding my prayers for you girl. You have continued to be a source of inspiration to all of us and I cherish your friendship. God loves you and will not leave you. Please let us know how things are going.
Love and healing energy,
Randi

schoolteacher 10-20-2009 12:44 PM

Vickie,

You are in my prayers too.

Amelia