HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Devastated - told weeks!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38224)

Yorkiegirl 03-01-2009 07:21 AM

Eric many, many prayers out to Caryn, you and your family. I'm at loss for words to say. Just know that I am praying for her.

Sheila 03-01-2009 07:52 AM

Eric
My heart is heavy as I read this news, as I have followed Caryn's fight and your unending support for a long time. Prayers are everywhere for Caryn, You and your children...may she get that miracle that you all so deserve...you are in my thoughts

Joan M 03-01-2009 08:07 AM

Eric,

I'm very upset about Caryn. Please let her know she is in my prayers that the oncs come up with another treatment. It's been a long haul, but best to keep fighting this if there's another treatment option. I'm sorry for all that you've been through, your children too.

Joan

sarah 03-01-2009 08:29 AM

Eric,
This is devastating news. Sloan Kettering is a great hospital and I hope they come up with a good treatment for Caryn.
I wonder if a website such as www.bcmets.org would have anything helpful to suggest.
Prayers and postive thoughts go out to all of you
big hug and love
sarah

Becky 03-01-2009 09:23 AM

Go everywhere you can. Sometimes the big cancer centers only go by the books and smaller places try new or even outdated treatments that haven't been tried.

I am thinking about Caryn, you and your children.

TriciaK 03-01-2009 10:23 AM

Dear Eric and Caryn, I have just seen your post, and my heart is aching for you and your family. I am praying fervently that you will feel God's arms around you. We will pray for a miracle for you, and we are all sending love and prayers. Tricia

Joe 03-01-2009 10:50 AM

Eric,
We are profoundly sorry to hear about Caryn. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do.

Warmest Regards
Joe

Hopeful 03-01-2009 10:58 AM

Eric, I am so terribly sorry to hear your news. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

Paty 03-01-2009 11:00 AM

Eric,

My prayers are with Caryn, you and your children. Hold on to hope and God.

Paty

Barbara H. 03-01-2009 11:08 AM

Thinking of you!!!

Hi Eric,
This is certainly very sad news. I have followed all your posts and have been so impressed how you have tenaciously fought to find the best treatments for Caryn. As a teacher I have had children in my classroom who have lost their parents to cancer and to other illnesses. They remember their parents and speak of their memories. They remain an important part of their lives. One parent compiled a book of her favorite recipes for her daughter. Please assure Caryn that if nothing more medically can be done at this time, that her children will survive and will be OK. Caryn will continue to be a part of them for the rest of their lives. My grandmother died of cancer when I was three. She crochet a booty for my doll the day that she died. My mother recently just sent it to me. I have memories of my grandmother and will never forget her.

That being said, I my thoughts remain with you and your family, and I sincerely hope that a treatment will be found to give her more time.

I wish the best for you and your family and thank you for keeping us informed. Of course we all care for you and do not like to hear this news. However, we want to be here to support you.

Best regards,
Barbara

Colleens_Husband 03-01-2009 12:27 PM

Eric:

I am so sorry to hear about Caryn and the devastating effects cancer will have on her life and the lives of everyone in your family.

Eric, please know that you and your family are not alone. We will pray for you and your entire family.

Lee

fauxgypsy 03-01-2009 12:40 PM

I am so sorry. It is bad enough when you are older, as I am. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I hope so much that you can find another treatment for Caryn. While you are looking, please take the time to find your way through this. There are several suggestions in the following site that might help if you do need them.

http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/terminal.html

Ceesun 03-01-2009 12:55 PM

Everyone has been so eloquent in their feelings. My heart feels heavy right now and I will pray for your entire family. I hope a miracle awaits for you and yours. Ceesun

Gabrielle 03-01-2009 01:00 PM

I am so very sorry to read this news, Eric. This is heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you and your family.

-Gabrielle

Faith in Him 03-01-2009 01:44 PM

I am praying for that miracle for your family. I do believe in them. Lifting all of you up in prayer and asking God to bless your days and navigate your interactions with the doctors.

Tonya

Julie2 03-01-2009 02:37 PM

Eric,

I am so mad and sad at the news. I have known you and Caryn since I joined the board. Please don't give up and try Navlbine or Gemgar with proven result for Her2 disease.
Please know that miracles are possible. I have heard many people who were given two weeks to live for a long time once they start a targeted treatment. Please don't loose hope and fight.
Thinking of you and Caryn and sending all the positive thoughts and prayers you need.
Please keep us posted.

Julie

LAURIE 03-01-2009 02:38 PM

Many prayers are coming your families way. Please note that all these posts are from people who support you and your family. We are all in this special club and we fight together; as well as with our family and friends too.

Shobha 03-01-2009 02:39 PM

So very sorry to hear this news. I am praying hard that God will find a way and save caryn. Please God....

MJo 03-01-2009 03:08 PM

I am adding my prayers to those of my sisters. Every moment is precious. I hope you find a new treatment or drug combo that works for Caryn.

Lori R 03-01-2009 03:19 PM

Dear Eric,

I wanted to let you know how much I respect you for the ongoing involvement and support you've provided Caryn and all of us on this site. I know that you are a fantastic dad and with your support, your children will be fine. You will have an opportunity to witness what a fantastic job you and Caryn have done.

BUT......to the extent Caryn is up for it...keep on swinging. What about some of the recent vaccine trials. Would one of this be an option to boost Caryn's immune system? Was a surgical procedure ruled out? Chemo embolization directly to the liver?

Warmest wishes of peace and gratitude to you and your family.

Love...Lori