HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ~TIPTOE: From Rhode Island to:...????? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30521)

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-13-2007 10:03 AM

A Light Bulb Moment!

Y'all may not believe this -- but I am stick conscious! When I work on my book in Microsoft Word I back up each day's entries on to a stick -- to safely SAVE IT forever, no matter what. And it is easy to drag PICTURES from your day's entry to the stick! EVEN *I* CAN DO THIS! (I am resisting saying it is for morons.)

I took my book stick to my daghter Ali's storm shuttered house when Hurricane Wilma was headed for Boca (along w/meds, calendar w/my life in it --including names/#s of docs, imaging centers in Fla and NY, Bdays, Anniv, next fasting bld, CT scan and on and on -- EVERYTHING!) The computer could crash, blow away, whatever -- my book is safe, on my SunDisk memory thing.

THAT'S A SUPER IDEA! And really compact...

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gs...cts/light-bulbWish I'd thought of that a week ago...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl 10-13-2007 03:14 PM

sorry

I apologize Andi. Who knew you'd know about "sticks"?

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-13-2007 04:21 PM

Dining Out...

Paul will purchase a SanDisk for Tiptoe at Costco tmrrw. I'll put it in her package when I send it to Marie and Ed. I will give notice the moment I mail it. Maybe Tuesday...

We took Tip to Houston's tonight for dinner. I ordered the Vegetarian Plate. It came with couscous. Tippy made this snorting sound as she scarfed it all done. She's a bit plumper than when she arrived I think. Maybe so am I...

You just can't resist spoiling her. She has a very endearing personality!

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gs...ts/music-notes
Tiptoe is a very happy hamster. The wind was blowing a bit today and our windchimes were tinkling away. She, and I must admit I too, danced to the sound. As the sun set, I pointed out to Tip that some of the clouds were this ethereal pink color. She smiled with glee...

jones7676 10-13-2007 06:49 PM

I can picture Tip with books and sticks traveling the world. Perhaps we will have to consider getting a set of luggage to go with her at this rate. I cannot wait to introduce her to my three pink flamingos "Harry, Tuey, and Neuy" that live in my front yard year round. Thanks so much Brenda for updating the schedule. All of you are the greatest. Barb

Marlys 10-13-2007 06:57 PM

October 23ish sounds good to me. I will await her arrival. My Address is 5184 Umatilla Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83709. My last name is Weathersbee.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

fauxgypsy 10-13-2007 07:43 PM

Nov. 6th sounds great. Brenda, it is so great that tiptoe has a travel agent.

Leslie

tousled1 10-13-2007 09:47 PM

You can put me in for November 13th. The weather is still good here in Georgia at that time.

StephN 10-13-2007 11:01 PM

Looks a bit erratic?

Tips schedule looks a bit "loopy" to me. Perhaps she should go from Rhode Island to Becky for the scanning and then make her way either down south first then out west or vice versa.

Whadya think?

Since some of us are in neighboring states, I would hate to see her get held up in some holiday mail snarl (does happen - it took 3 weeks to get a small package from Seattle to Sacramento last year!).

Would not wish to chance her missing San Antonio or the spa gatherings.

Kathy S in Tokyo 10-14-2007 02:45 AM

Alternatively, we could set up a blog on one of the free blog sites like blogspot and make sure Tiptoe's username and password accompany her so we can each sign in and update her blog with comments and photos as she travels. I use a blog so my friends and family can see what I'm up to over here in Tokyo wherever they may be.

Catherine 10-14-2007 10:44 PM

Tiptoe in Oregon

Tiptoe can come to Oregon whenever she wants. I will pick her up at the airport or at the US post office anytime after Jan 15. I am sure that Lolly and I will be able to get together to celebrate her visit. I will start shopping for downhill skies soon, in case she wants to go to Mt. Hood or Mt. Bachelor in Bend, Oregon. We may decide to just take her to the beach. We have miles and miles of beautiful and rugged beaches here.

I am not a good journal keeper, but I will try my best when she is here.

Catherine (Queen of something)

hutchibk 10-15-2007 11:16 PM

Check Tipsy's new schedule proposal and alert me if I need to change something...

Sheila 10-16-2007 04:20 AM

Brenda
Looks like tip will be trick or treating with Becky in Jersey and having Christmas dinner and enjoying snow with me! I can't wait, I may take her cross country skiing at Starved Rock if we have snow!

Kathy S in Tokyo 10-16-2007 05:04 AM

Just updating

Oct 1ish - @ home in Canada w/ Pink
Oct 8ish - Boca Raton w/ Andi BB
Oct 16ish - Providence w/ Marie
Oct 23ish - NJ w/ Becky
Oct 30ish - ?
Nov 6ish - Mississippi w/ Leslie
Nov 13ish - Georgia w/ Kate
Nov 20ish (for Thanksgiving)- ?
Nov 27ish - ?
Dec 3ish - Michigan w/ Barb
Dec 10ish - Austin/San Antonio w/ Brenda (also visit Lance Armstrong Foundation)
Dec 17ish (stay through Christmas) - Travel to Illinois w/ Sheila for the holiday
Dec 31ish - (head west...>) ?
End of Dec - early Jan (for Spa visit) - Tucson/Miravel w/ ?
Jan 16ish - Boise w/ Marlys??
Jan 23ish - Oregon w/ Catherine
Jan 30ish - Seattle w/ Steph??

Spring 2008 - Tiptoe heads east to Japan/Australia?? Kathy S in Tokyo!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

StephN 10-16-2007 10:29 AM

Thanks for the updates - Tip's dance card is filling up.

The end of Dec. should perhaps go to Karen or one of us going to Miraval. Dates at the spa are from Jan 2 through Jan 5th. Then one of us can take her from Tucson. That is if Tip's journals and her luggage is not getting too bulky!

If I take her from Tucson, she can go to Boise (for a sun break) and then on to Oregon, getting a good look at life in the great Pacific Northwest.

I will need to know so I bring a bigger suitcase with room for Tip's stuff.

AbbyDawg 10-17-2007 07:16 PM

Brenda ~

Please pencil Tipperina in for her visit to Lake Wobegon in Minnesota for February - any week will be fine! (see post in main thread).

AbbyDawg

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-18-2007 07:13 AM

Tipsy Is In West Warwick, R. I. Post Office

ATTENTION; MERRY BAND AND TIPTOE FANS: As per my tracking #, TT arrived at the postal unit in West Warwick and 8:45 AM TODAY! Just waitng for some nice mail person to deliver her to Marie and Ed...! SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT, BELIEVE...

We know you'll shout from the rooftops when you open that package? (There's a card inside, stickered on to the gift-wrapped package, which is in a PRIORITY MAIL box.) Nothing but the best, better than first class treatment for our cutie. She is a gift in and of herself. Please tell her I miss her and sending out thoughts of joy and peace to her. Don't forget, she loves when you stroke her hunched back with your index finger. Very soothing...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl 10-18-2007 09:23 AM

she's in Rhode Island

This is so exciting !!!