HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   MRI revealed brain mets (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29468)

Soccermom 08-06-2007 07:21 PM

{{{{{{{{KATE}}}}}}}}
Sheesh, I too HATE THIS DISEASE!
I willl send my very best positive thoughts and prayers your way...
Marcia

kcherub 08-06-2007 08:12 PM

Dear Kate,

I am so sorry to hear this for you, but know that you will get through this with grace and an unbeatable spirit! You are always so supportive when I post, and I hope that I can do the same for you now!

Please keep us updated. I will be watching to hear from you.

Take care,
Krista

Lolly 08-06-2007 08:14 PM

Kate, I know that's the call we all dread, but you have the best support team in the world just a click away.
I know you'll get this little renagade zapped and gone, and will continue forward.
Keep your chin up.

<3 Lolly

Mary Anne in TX 08-06-2007 08:28 PM

Hi Kate!
By the time the 4 zillion prayers get to you and make their stand against the enemy inside your brain, there just will NOT be room for that dastardly 5mm devil! You are incredible in every way....for letting us know your news and letting us pray for and love ya, for being so scared and fighting anyway, and for being the fantastically wonderful person you are>keeping on helping others as you fight your own battle with that lousy loser brain met that is getting ready to be zapped into nowhere. Cancer just doesn't get it that these 'ol gals are tough to scare off! Here's to a triumphant battle! ma

VaMoonRise 08-06-2007 08:29 PM

Dagnabit!!

Kate,

Hi Sweetie, I am so very sorry that you got this dagnabit, crappy news. I know how shocked you must feel right now but thank goodness it has been caught so early and while it is so small.

With your tremendous warrior spirit that has always inspired/uplifted me and your great medical team I just know that you will nip this in the bud in no time and be right back on track with kicking booty, all the way to NED.

Sending you lots of hugs, love and prayers of healing. Stay strong Sweetie.

Love,
Nicola

Yorkiegirl 08-06-2007 08:36 PM

Kate I am sorry to hear about this most recent news you have received. I know you will beat this.

I am sending you many HUG'S AND PRAYERS.

Bev 08-06-2007 08:55 PM

Kate,

More hugs and prayers. I hope you have as much success as the others in treating this. Maybe adding Tykerb and H to the rads? Bev

Chelee 08-06-2007 11:51 PM

Kate, I can't tell you how sorry I am about this. I've had you in my thoughts and prayers since your last round of bad news. But one thing you have is a fighting spirit and if anyone can kick the crap out of this its YOU. I can't wait till the day we hear your NED...and you will be. Hang in there. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always.

Chelee

hutchibk 08-07-2007 12:08 AM

Oh boy. One of those days, huh? Not the kind of news that we enjoy, that's for sure. I am sending my brain mets guardian angel to sprinkle some magic kick butt powder on you! But be sure and send her back, as I will need her with me at my brain MRI next week! She needs to make sure that Tykerb/Xeloda are shrinking mine... otherwise, you and I can schedule twin tables in the rads clinic for our whack-a-mole procedures...

Esther 08-07-2007 01:51 AM

Kate, this was not the news you'd hope for, but SRS procedures are very tolerable. 5 mm is small and you have an excellent chance of success, zapping it into oblivion.

My neuro-surgeon at Cedars-Sinai said that the SRS procedures have a particularly good track record in treating brain mets from Breast Cancer. I believe the success rate is in the 90's percent wise were one SRS treatment is all that is needed to deal with the lesion.

When is your procedure being scheduled for?

RhondaH 08-07-2007 01:58 AM

Kate...

I am SO sorry to here this, but am so encouraged by all the members that have/had brain mets and are doing so well now. Take care and God bless. I've already said a prayer for you.

Rhonda

Belinda 08-07-2007 01:58 AM

Kate - sorry to hear your news. You are right - this met will be beaten!

Belindaxxx

MJo 08-07-2007 09:56 AM

I agree with everyone -- You will beat it. The cyber knife will take care of it quick. I think a 5mm is about the size of a pencil point.

dorinda 08-07-2007 12:10 PM

kate thanks for your reply on how to handle mri. i took your advice and got some ativan. will do the mri wednesday. hopefully. lol i have been following you since i have been on this site . when you revealed you had lung mets, i gasped and said a prayer for you .i feel like you r like an old friend since we are gong through the same thing. now you reveal you have 0ne brain mets. good you caught it early and i just know the chemo you r are on will kick butt. my prayers are with during this journey. remember GOD is in control . the bigger the problem the bigger the miracle dorinda

lu ann 08-07-2007 12:28 PM

It is good that you caught this early and can get cyberknife. You will be on the mend as soon as it's over. No waiting for the decadron the get out of your system, if you don't have to take much or at all. I will pray for you.

Lu Ann

saleboat 08-07-2007 01:22 PM

This is just not fair. I'm so sorry. Wishing you continued strength and courage.

Jen

tousled1 08-07-2007 02:04 PM

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank each and everyone of you for your wonderful support during this really difficult time in my life. I never would have thought I'd be here, but since I am I'm glad I'm surrounded by such caring, thoughtful, knowledgeable women. My plan is to fight this dreaded disease with all my might. I can and will get to NED!

hutchibk 08-07-2007 02:35 PM

Lets make a pact that we are going for NED together... I'll race you there!

Faith in Him 08-07-2007 07:44 PM

Hi Kate,

I have been following your posts since I found this site. I am so sorry to hear your recent news. Please know that you are in my prayers.

Cancer is no contest for your fighting spirit. You will come out the winner on this.

Blessings

tousled1 08-07-2007 09:49 PM

Brenda,

I plan on returning your brain met guardian angel very soon! Together you and I will find NED again!