HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28383)

lexigirl 06-06-2007 03:15 PM

Andi,

Please know that I am thinking of you. Such a difficult decision to be made. I am hopeful that there will be a tx for you. I also believe in miraculous healings. I pray every day for just that to be for all of us.

Love,
Lexi

chrisy 06-06-2007 03:58 PM

Andi,

Not the update I was hoping for. I cannot imaging how difficult this is for your family, and will continue to hold you all in my prayers. thank you for helping us all in this fight.

Much love and peace to you , sister
Chris

tricia keegan 06-06-2007 04:04 PM

Sad news Andi

Andi I just logged on and saw your post. What a dreadful decision for anyone to have to make,you had to and you have made it but I truely hate this disease as we all do and wish the situation were different for you. What you've decided to do must require so much more strength and courage than simply continuing with a tx that is having no effect. I'm so glad you have no pain and hope that continues to be the case. Like all the ladies here I respect your view on this but will still be hoping for a turn around at some point for you, whether that be a miracle, a new drug,or simply more peace of mind,I truely wish you everything you would wish for yourself and am so sorry this current tx has 'nt been sucessful. I'll be thinking of you and your family including your sister's dx and hope the situation gets better for all of you.Sorry I can't think of any advice right now other than stay as positive and brave as you are now.

Donna 06-06-2007 04:10 PM

Prayers

Hi Andi,

My prayers are going out to you and your family. Is there anything in the meantime that we as a group can do for your or your family other than pray? Let us know, we are here for you!

Love to you, Donna

mslinda 06-06-2007 04:46 PM

Oh Andi, I am so sorry.

I will pray for you and your sister in law and other family members at least daily. Prayer does wonder things. It is so sad to hear things like this. Please know that everyone on this list are with you in spirit, with many prayers and good thoughts going for and to you.

I send you love and hugs.

Linda
S. Mississippi

Liz J. 06-06-2007 05:03 PM

Sending Prayers

Dear Andi,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know you have heard the old cliche "where there is life, there is hope". Please try to know that sometimes things can turn around.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Lolly 06-06-2007 05:49 PM

Andi, I am sorry there weren't effective chemos for you. Sometimes, in spite of everything, and all our hopes to the contrary, it's time to let go and make our peace with the world and our maker. It seems like you are well on the way to finding that place and preparing yourself and your family.
I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need to, and we will do our best to help you along.

<3 Lolly

Becky 06-06-2007 06:38 PM

Andi

What about weekly Abraxane with Herceptin and Avastin? Or Abraxane with Herceptin and Tykerb?

I am praying for you and thinking about you.

cafe1084 06-06-2007 07:01 PM

Andi,
This has to be really frightening for you. I cannot completely relate, but I can speculate how it would make me feel. You are a strong woman to carry this burden on your shoulders and I will pray for you and your family. I'd love to be able to offer you more than that, but I have found since my own diagnosis that a shoulder to lean on, a hand to hold, a sympathetic ear, and a little prayer can do wonders, even if it is just for your spirit. You are in my thoughts!

Stephanie

Bev 06-06-2007 07:06 PM

Andi, More hope and prayers for you and your sister. Bev

Sheila 06-06-2007 07:31 PM

Andi

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each day....I am but a state away if there is anything I can do to help you....this awful disease is not in our hands, and we fight so hard for what has already been determined....sending you my love and hoping for a healing miracle...I want you to be at peace with no pain through all of this.

LAURIE 06-06-2007 08:29 PM

I am encouraged by your strength. I feel real strong GIRL POWER from you!!! My heart is breaking and the prayers are coming your way.

Jean 06-06-2007 10:11 PM

Dear Andi,

I am so sorry to hear this news...you are a very brave woman and I wish
that another treatment could be tried...please know you are in my prayers
along with your sister in law and your family.

Warmly,
Jean

Beckie 06-06-2007 10:42 PM

Andi, I am so sorry to hear your doctors have run out of effective drugs. I am glad you are at peace with your decision and are not in pain. I hope that will continue. I think when we know where we are going, the hardest part is leaving our family behind. Knowing we will meet again gives peace, but still heartache. I am praying for you and your family, and your sister-in-law. God can still do miracles but sometimes He takes us another direction. Either way, know that He is with you.
God bless you.

Beckie

Chelee 06-07-2007 01:21 AM

Andi, This just breaks my heart. I am at a total loss for words. How I hate this dreaded disease. I can't even imagine how truly difficult all this has been on you and your family. I am going to still pray for a miracle...they do happen. How I wish there was something I could do for you. Please know we are all here for you if there is anything we can do just let us know.

Sending you warm healing thoughts and many prayers.

Chelee

MJo 06-07-2007 05:53 AM

Thanks for the blessing. God bless you too. Stay comfortable and I hope you can enjoy something every day. You are in my thoughts.

Andi 06-07-2007 07:45 AM

This decision was a very hard one to make. When my cancer recurred, the labs on the new cancer showed no longer was I estrogen positive and that my her2 status was a 2+ by the one test but a 0 by Fish, so I really lost 2 of my strongest weapons. We stilled tried the herceptin and the tykerb along with the other chemos, but to no avail. My oncologist is very on top of his game and has also discussed my case with other tops in the b/c field. He was a Brinker award winner in 2002 and I believe his area was something to do with reducing the side effects of treatment. He never told me I had to stop, he said he would do whatever I wanted,but we have always had a relationship that was totally honest between us, yet he was always very sensitive and gentle. I could ask him anything and he would always give me a straight answer. He has called me once a week since I made this decision to see how I am getting along. I am still praying for a miracle but I know my time is short. If anyone has any questions at all about my situation, etc, please feel free to ask. I have always valued the openess and sharing that has taken place on this site, if I can contribute to that I would be more than happy to.

Audrey 06-07-2007 08:04 AM

Andi, how selfless of you to think of us on this board and welcome our questions now. Are you getting hospice care? I hope you and your family are surrounded by deep peace and love. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Julie2 06-07-2007 08:47 AM

Andi,

Please don't give up. Can you try other chemos left? Some times miracles might happen and that particular chemo might be the one which saves you. Thinking of you.

Julie

saleboat 06-07-2007 01:13 PM

Dear Andi,

I've not really known what to write, and I'm so sorry that your journey has taken this turn. I've always wondered what I would do if faced with the challenges that you've confronted and I hope I approach it as bravely and as openly as you are.

For all the drugs that we have, now and in the pipeline, for all the pink ribbons, the truth is there is no cure for breast cancer. It breaks my heart that there aren't better answers for you.

I hope you remain painfree and that your journey, wherever it may lead you, is one that is peaceful and full of love, family and friends.

My best,
Jen