HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~My Angel Mother-in-Law Has Earned Her Wings!~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39362)

lexigirl 05-10-2009 06:59 PM

Dear Marie and Ed,

I am so very sorry. Your mil sounds so precious. I am happy that she is not in pain any longer. I hope that will bring Ed some comfort.

Big hugs to you both.

Lexi

flynny 05-10-2009 07:08 PM

Marie,

My heart goes out to you. Losing someone you love and care for so deeply is so difficult. She was lucky to have you! I pray that she is watching us all.

karen z 05-10-2009 08:26 PM

I am very sorry to hear this sad news Marie and my heart goes out to you and Ed.
Love,
Karen

jones7676 05-10-2009 09:20 PM

I am sorry to hear of your mother-in-law passing, but also thankful it was peaceful for her at that moment, and feel blessed by her past prayers for us.

I hope that you two will be able to come to peace with it as well as I know you both face many challenges.

God Bless You.

michka 05-11-2009 12:10 AM

Marie, I am sorry to read this sad news. I am sending my love to both of you. Your post is beautiful.
Michka

schoolteacher 05-11-2009 04:59 AM

Marie,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I know the Mighty Oak has to be sad.

May God give you and him both peace at this time.

Amelia

tricia keegan 05-11-2009 05:55 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss Marie. My deepest condolence's to you all.

Shobha 05-11-2009 08:44 AM

Dear Marie and Ed,

I am very sorry for your loss. As you said, your Mother-in-law is definitely an angel watching over both of you. She must be so much at peace knowing how true your love is for Ed. God bless you both and give you peace.

love,
shobha

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-11-2009 09:25 AM

My sincerest and most loving condolences to you, Marie and Ed. The loss is deep, but as someone mentioned -- please believe that this gift of a woman remains in your lives. She is at peace now, and looking over you. One day, you will surely meet again. And, no doubt, she will be sending as much assistance as is angelically possible to you as you continue your difficult journey, wanting all that you want for yourselves, and far more...

naturaleigh 05-11-2009 09:55 AM

Marie,

I was sadden to log in today and see your post. You and Ed are in my heart and prayers.

StephN 05-11-2009 10:11 AM

Dear Marie & Ed -
My thoughts were running along those of Andi.

Dear Mom will be gathering whole bands of angels to sing into and uplift your souls. Think about all those ancestors she has met, and call on them for their love and support that is flowing in your bodies. Just be open to that and Peace Be With You.

Her passing possibly explains to me Mightly Oak's inability to continue with his treatment last week. I think he wanted to be as clear as possible at this time.

MJo 05-11-2009 12:26 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time. My experience is that the love remains and is remembered with joy.

Jean 05-11-2009 03:15 PM

Dear Marie,
I am deeply sadden to learn of your mother in laws passing. In reading your post my second thought was
"what a lucky Lady your mother in law was to have such a fine and devoted daugher in law. Every mother of a son wishes for someone like you. Marie my dear you are one in a million. Comfort yourself with the knowledge that your mother in law is now free of pain and watching over you and Ed.

Kindest Regards,
jean

Mary Jo 05-11-2009 07:44 PM

Dear Marie and Ed....

Please feel my love and condolences from across the miles.

Gentle hugs to you both,

Mary Jo

Yorkiegirl 05-11-2009 07:57 PM

Dear Marie I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother In Law, and to Dear Ed I'm sorry for the loss of your Mother.

Please know you both will in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

sassy 05-11-2009 08:07 PM

Dear Father,

Please lay your healing hand upon Marie and Ed, giving them comfort, peace, strength and understanding.

Believe51 05-12-2009 12:42 AM

Thanks to you all during this sad time in our life. Ed and I looked for a nice picture for the obit but no luck. I just wrote her obituary and it is simply devine, I will have to share it when it is official. I guess the peace I feel about this has allowed me to write without really crying. I can only hope I can speak when I do the reading I wrote for her 'Celebration of Life'. Right now we are waiting for out of state relatives travelling from Colorado and Florida. She is getting cremated so the grieving process feels like it is ongoing and without some closure. It will all happen with time. Thanks again for giving me the special thoughts and strength to do such hard feats no matter how relieved I am for her. I miss her already and I keep thinking I will wake up.>>Believe51

Jackie07 05-12-2009 01:00 AM

Marie,

My Mother-in-law passed away January 6 after a lengthy suffering of Alzheimer's. What you had written about your Mother-in-law could well be a description of mine. So I can understand and feel your grief.

Please be strong for both Ed and you. My husband had supressed his grief for quite a long time after the funeral. It's often hard for men to process their emotion. Especially that Ed is the one who's battling cancer, you are really shouldering lots, lots of the burden. Be sure to take good care of yourself.

Believe51 05-14-2009 10:12 PM

Jackie, funny that you post these feelings because I remember the way I felt when you wrote about your Sweet Mother-in-Law. I cried when she passed because of the way we both felt about these special women. I am not sure how to get over this except give it time. Right now I am packing her life into boxes so it is hard to move forward.

I wanted to share something very special with you. The time she went into the hospital before the accident for something not related to it, she took her religious medals. This woman slept with them on the side of her, she prayed with them, she valued them the most of all her belongings. She swore that they threw them away or misplaced them there at the hospital. When Mom got home, her and a close friend of the family that I call my sister, moved furniture looking for it. They never found them and it only made Mom more sad. I felt sad also because they were so valued by her and I shared her loss.

Today Mighty Oak went to treatment finally, huuuuhh, easy for me to say! We went home and I got him comfortable and asked what he needed before I left. I had to go pack her home up and I needed to do this alone, I wanted to be alone. As I moved into the living room closet I knew I would keep myself busy. Something made me go over to her end table and clean out the assorted meds. I cleaned out these tables so it would make my mind think I was making some kind of headway.

I cried as I cleaned and asked her to forgive me but I needed to mourn. It is tough to get past these emotions when you lose an Angel. God certainly has work for her and I understand. I talked to her about many things as crazy as that sounds, but it felt natural at the time. Jackie, I found her medals on the chain they have always been on and believe me, these ladies looked hard for them. I would like to think that she made me find them and know that she is still watching over us.

Ed had a dream that she told him not to worry about a thing. I asked him if she was speaking of her death and its peace or his treatment and cancer. He said everything, do not worry about anything. I would try I told him.......but now I will try even harder. She is busy in heaven getting things ready for her son when it is his time.

For now we will fight and we shall believe. Thanks for listening. I feel such a special bond with you and even more so since hearing your glorious emotions shared in the past about her. I feel so much better now.>>Believe51

rinaina 05-15-2009 09:17 PM

I would like to add my most sincere condolences and hope you and find comfort from each other during this sad time..