HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Leave of absence :) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47599)

flynny 11-13-2010 08:56 PM

Re: Leave of absence :)

Jackie, I will miss your posts but it is important to take care of YOU! Please let us know how your upcoming appointment goes. I will be praying for you in the mean time. Best of luck!

sassy 11-13-2010 11:29 PM

Jackie,

Hope all improves--will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Is there someone that can keep in touch with us, or update us in your absence?

Trish 11-14-2010 03:11 AM

I will miss you very much and all the great information you provide. I hope your treatment goes really well and that that third ventricle gets clear- the new toy better do it's job well. All the best, will be thinking of you and looking forward to your return.
Trish

Leslie304 11-14-2010 07:37 AM

We all need a break from this now and then. You and I can fight our foggy brains for a bit and get back here soon. Best of luck, you are in my prayers.
Leslie

Bill 11-14-2010 07:49 PM

Hurry back, Jackie! Your posts will be missed. Take care of yourself and know that we are with you. We'll keep the fire burning and save a spot for you. Love, Bill

TriciaK 11-14-2010 08:24 PM

I always look for your posts, Jackie, and will be watching for your return. In the meantime, take care of yourself and know you are loved and missed, and you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs, TriciaK

harrie 11-14-2010 10:48 PM

Oh Jackie! I wish you great results. I know for a fact you will surely be missed!! Your presence and support is such an impt part of this site.
I will you well and I hope we hear reports on you periodically.
Aloha,
Maryanne

Lori R 11-15-2010 06:02 AM

Dear Jackie,
I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with this previous health issue.

Hoping that the latest technology makes zapping that tumor painless with a rapid recovery.

Please let us know how you are doing and know that there are many cheering you on.

Lori

Hopeful 11-15-2010 07:27 AM

Best of luck to you with your treatment regimen, Jackie. We will miss you. Happy holidays, and hurry back!

Hopeful

Joan M 11-16-2010 04:01 PM

Jackie,

Take care! And I'm praying for a successful treatment.

Joan

schoolteacher 11-17-2010 01:25 PM

Jackie,

I will miss you. Please let us know how things are going.

Amelia

lkc Gumby 11-17-2010 06:43 PM

JACKIE,WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU BACK " HERE" SOON!
hAPPY THANKSGIVING!

caya 11-19-2010 09:23 AM

Good luck with taking care of business! Of course we will miss you Jackie. Please try to check in when you can.

all the best
caya

Karen Wheel 11-19-2010 09:50 AM

Sorry I am a bit behind in reading - but you will be missed!

AND we expect to see you back here soon! Take care - Karen

tricia keegan 11-19-2010 06:30 PM

Hoping for good news on your return Jackie and wishing you a great response, please keep us posted when you can. xx

Jackie07 11-23-2010 05:12 PM

The radiation oncologist said that the vertigo I experienced last year was caused by the tumor located near Third Ventricle. Whenever I bend (eg. floor exercise last fall) my head, the tumor leans over and blocks the entrance of Third Ventricle. They are waiting for the Gamma-knife record (2001) from Dallas, so they can calculate the dose of the radiation. The radiosurgery will most likely be in January.

The side effect could include cataracts - which can be corrected by laser surgery. Any future problems can be relieved by a shunt. Because my neurological function has been 'superb', they don't want to do 'craniotomy' unless absolutely necessary.

I haven't experienced any problem (vertigo) this past year because I have restricted my activities drastically.

Glad there are many ways to control the tumor. How fortunate we are to live in this 'brave new world'!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Trish 11-24-2010 06:19 AM

That is all sounding very encouraging, Jackie. Thanks for letting us know.
Trish

joletta 11-25-2010 06:52 PM

Jackie,
I wish you the best of luck and you will be very missed. You are an incredibly knowledgeable & helpful person. Please continue to keep us updated.
Love and prayers,
Joletta

MaryAn 11-25-2010 08:50 PM

Sorry I'm late at this, but good luck and tons of prayers. Happy holidays

bejuce 11-25-2010 09:29 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Jackie!! Wishing you success with your treatment and a speedy recovery so you can come back to the boards with full force. We miss you!

Marcia