HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ELAINE M - Another member has her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59710)

Ceesun 12-11-2013 07:16 PM

Re: ELAINE M - Another member has her wings

So sorry to read this. Thank you dear Elaine for all you have given us. Ceesun

KsGal 12-12-2013 05:06 AM

Thank you for posting that. Im so sorry about the loss of Elaine. Prayers and positive energy to her family and friends.

cienna 12-12-2013 06:31 AM

I am in shock and stunned :-(. I wish her family and loved ones all teh best. RIP Elaine

Shobha 12-12-2013 11:29 AM

Rest in Peace, Elaine.

-shobha

Lien 12-13-2013 08:11 AM

I am so sorry. Thank you for letting us know. She was a great lady.

Am very pleased, though, that cancer didn't get her. She was so determined not to let it kill her!

My condolences to all who loved her.

Jacqueline

sarah 12-13-2013 09:36 AM

So sorry to hear this. deepest sympathy to her family and friends.
Thanks Stephanie for letting us know
hugs sarah

BonnieR 12-13-2013 10:04 PM

How good of her neighbor to let us know. Recent events here make me realize that I must tell my husband to keep you in the loop if I drop off the radar. Not that I intend to anytime soon!
I'm glad the cancer didn't get Elaine. She got that victory
Keep the faith everyone

Catherine 12-14-2013 12:02 AM

Loved Elaine's posts and her Hibiscus. So very sorry that she is gone. My condolences to her family.

Paula O 12-14-2013 05:34 AM

So sorry to hear of her passing.

(((Hugs to all)))),

Paula

norkdo 12-14-2013 10:39 AM

although i am really really really relieved to find out it was not b.c that caused elaine's death, i must say how very very very sad i am that I will no longer see her frangipani flower that lovely yellow symbol of a pretty life in Hawaii, (having lived in Polynesia myself) and her quick concern for the needs of others. She was the first to reach out to pikibay about hema recently when we hadnt heard from him for a wee while and she started a thread asking about hema and him. She was quick to tend to others' needs. a lovely lady.
nora

SoCalGal 12-14-2013 10:18 PM

SHocked and saddened to read about Elaine. I will miss her voice here along with the beautiful avatar. Shocking and sad. So many losses - it seems harder and harder to process and accept and deal with so many online friends passing away. Each one is an inspiration, and an important part of this support community. Each person is sorely missed.

Adriana Mangus 12-14-2013 11:33 PM

So sad to hear about Elaine, I would always hear from her via private messages, I had no idea she had any medical issues.

Heaven is in need of precious Angels like Elaine. Rest in Peace my friend.

Bill 12-17-2013 08:09 PM

I'm really saddened by this news. I noticed she hadn't been posting lately and was getting ready to give a shout out to her. She was really special....my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

fauxgypsy 12-17-2013 09:10 PM

It was very sweet of the neighbor to let us know. I am sorry to hear this.she has been a help to so many here.

CoolBreeze 12-18-2013 09:26 PM

I'm terribly sad to hear this news. I hope her family finds peace and comfort. I looked to her for making it so long.

pibikay 12-28-2013 08:07 AM

Shocked to hear the news. May her soul rest in peace. On this board she had been very supportive to me and I will never forget her advice

norkdo 12-28-2013 10:49 AM

omg. thank you everybody, esp Steph, above for the exactly true words you wrote. I "searched" her name above in the search bar only in late November, a few weeks ago, the yellow hibiscus having been important to me whenever I saw it and read her excellent words. I read dozens of her posts in a row, fascinated by this loving, smart angel. My sincere sympathy to those close to her in "real" life.

StephN 12-28-2013 12:56 PM

Read below if you want a peek into the private life of our dear Elaine. Her friends made a photobook with writings, and here is one of the memories by Elaine's friend who is retired from Catholic Charities with many honors and recognition for her work:

Alice loved teaching English in Fukushima, Japan and English as a second language to her adult students at McKinley Adult School. She was creative and made learning enjoyable for her students. She was a very private person, however, so she did not want to tell the people at work about her breast cancer. She continued working until she became disabled and quit McKinley. I don't think any of her co-workers knew the reason why. That was Alice--private, independent, and wanting to do things her way. No pity, please. She was a fighter who wanted to understand her health conditions and treatments and did not just accept what the doctor said. This led her to her wonderful naturopath, Dr. Jack Burke, who worked with Alice for many years even when she could not pay him for some of the many supplements and treatments that Alice felt were what kept her alive so long. She only asked for help when she REALLY needed it. She was fiercely independent and wanted to do all she could for herself. She greatly appreciated Cindy from Project Dona doing her weekly shopping. I sometimes filled in when Cindy was sick or away, and Alice's list of vegetarian foods from Kokua Market and Down to Earth was always amazing. Alice was one of my oldest friends in Hawaii. We would go out for dinner, or take a drive as well as go shopping. Each year she wanted to celebrate "another year of survival" (as she called it). For many years, she was in a local peace group and worked on issues of peace and justice. Alice finally found good caregivers, Julia and Debbie from Heaven's Helpers. They kept her independent which was her adamant first choice. She was touched by the cards and the phone calls from her workers to check on her when she was in the hospital at the end of her life. She truly wanted to stay in her own place. She never gave up and always fought to come home when her health failed and she was hospitalized so much at the end. What a fighter, our Alice. Betty Lou Larson

Ellie F 01-05-2014 12:36 PM

Very very sorry to hear this news.
Glad that she won her battle against breast cancer, she brought a lot of hope.
Ellie

pibikay 01-09-2014 06:40 PM

Shocked to hear the news. My condolences for her family.My only consolation is that Hema will have company from some of her friends from this board