HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   boyfriend d/x with stage 4 cancer (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62904)

tricia keegan 05-28-2015 11:32 AM

Re: boyfriend d/x with stage 4 cancer

Vanessa I'm just seeing your post now and sorry about your boyfriends dx, a friend of ours had a different type of cancer but extreme fatigue and was told it was her lack of red cells so needed a transfusion weekly almost. I see the situation has improved so that advice will not be needed but just wanted you to know I saw and read your post too.

v-ness 06-04-2015 09:04 AM

update - my boyfriend just had chemo #3, it's a 48 hour infusion, and is doing great. yes, he has fatigue, but he has little to no nausea and only just experienced his first 'cold neuropathy'. otherwise, GET THIS, he is gardening and hiking a little and going on a limited and toned-down basis to CrossFit! he has been consulting with Lise Alschuler who is a naturopathic doc specializing in oncology and she has him on several supplements specifically for his type of chemo and cancer that are supposed to aid in his resistance to the bad SE's he could have to chemo. he also takes 2000 units of D a day. that said, i took NO herbal supplements (just C and D vitamins) whatsoever and barely had any side effects from taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin. but whatever works! i got her book -The Definitive Guide to Thriving After Cancer - (or Five To Thrive) and i really like it. she's also *had* cancer. i guess she's a top dog in her field. so for those out there who are interested in optimizing all they can do to thrive during or after cancer, i'd recommend her books.

also, his liver was once swollen and you could feel a golfball size lump (the 8 cm tumor) and now you have to prod him to find it. not saying this is any kind of miracle, trust me. still scared shitless at times. but all of this combined with his positive and confident outlook is so reassuring, as is support from any sphere, from friends to here. thank you!

valerie

DianaMK 06-04-2015 03:22 PM

Glad he is doing well!! Thanks for sharing info!!

Rolepaul 06-05-2015 12:24 PM

Have his doctor get him epogen for the red blood cell count being down.

v-ness 06-09-2015 07:39 AM

thanks. he just had a blood test so i will ask if he knows the results. he had to have one for dental work. he's the kind who rarely asks questions (grr) so i prod him to do so when it seems like it's important. last time he was there he had to have an iron infusion before he could have chemo. obviously something is not right, since he takes iron. v