HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SAD NEWS - Lolly has earned her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34299)

Linda 06-10-2008 07:20 PM

So sad

I am sad to lose our sister in Oregon. My thoughts and love to Lolly's husband and family.
Linda in Oregon

Mgarr 06-10-2008 07:29 PM

I sit here stunned, I will miss Lolly and pray for peace for her husband & family.

Mary

Sheila 06-10-2008 07:53 PM

This is so devastating...Lolly was the first to embrace me when I came on the board 5 years ago....we forever sent pm's concerning our node battles....we would always compare...I am heartsick at this news. My sympathy to her dear husband and family

RobinP 06-10-2008 08:18 PM

NO, I can hardly deal with this as Lolly was such an inspiration, kind spirit, fighter and loyal friend on her2. This is not what I wanted to hear tonight, sad news. I pray this her2 angel is at perfect peace, surrounded by heavenly love.

hutchibk 06-10-2008 08:30 PM

I've clicked on this 2-3 times and I am just speechless. This is so agonizing. Shine on, our dear Lolly.

Faith in Him 06-10-2008 08:56 PM

Very, very sad. She was so kind to me. I am at a loss for words. Sending love to Lolly's family.

LAURIE 06-10-2008 09:01 PM

Tonight I am very saddened. To Lolly's family; please know she will be dearly missed. May her spirit and strength live in all of us here. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you Lolly for 4=ever being an inspiration in my life.

chrisy 06-10-2008 09:04 PM

Brenda, I'm speechless too.
I remember when the Her2support site was down some folks "hung out" on the breastcancer.org site so we could keep in contact. Lolly registered as "lollyanna".

I thought of her in that way - not in the pollyanna context of someone who was blissfully unaware of the realities she, we, face. Lolly was very much aware and determined to fight with everything she had. While always giving encouragement and helping us see the possibilities rather than the defeats.

I will always think of her that way, and of the picture of her on the water looking back over her shoulder as if it were the happiest day of her life.

We will all miss her dearly, and through my tears I'm praying for comfort for her family and loved ones.

Chris

sherri 06-10-2008 09:30 PM

I'm shocked and can't beleive this. This is the saddest news. I can never forget her kind and innocent face. She will be missed for anyone who had a chance to know her.

ElaineM 06-10-2008 09:37 PM

Lolly has earned her wings

Hi,
I am very, very sorry to hear about Lolly. My sympathy to her family and friends.

StephN 06-10-2008 11:30 PM

I Wish ...

...there had been a gentler way to let you all know about Lolly. Sorry. She meant so much to the success of this web site in its infant days. And was such a beacon of hope here.

When I found this site over 5 years ago (I am losing track!) Lolly greeted me with open arms. We meet here when she came to the University of Washington to participate in the vaccine trial. I first met her in person the day after my Gamma Knife procedure.

She was so upbeat and happy to try the vaccine.

One thing that helps explain her compassion and helpful nature is that she told me her grandfather was a doctor. She seemed to know a lot about how bodies work and not be afraid to find out more to understand as much as possible about her/our kind of cancer.

She lived with much grace and I know she did not want to hurt us with her dire situation.

sarah 06-10-2008 11:37 PM

I am so sad to hear this news. My deepest sympathy to her family.
She was an amazing woman and so helpful and inspirational to us all.
a very sad day
sarah

SoCalGal 06-10-2008 11:45 PM

I echo the sadness and shock that has been expressed. I feel angry - we need a cure for this stupid disease. I am totally stunned. I had no idea she was so ill. Oh God.

Jade 06-10-2008 11:48 PM

Thank you Stephanie

I am so shocked and sad. Just didn't think we'd be saying goodbye to Lolly, didn't see that one coming.... Omigosh. Lolly, our angel. Love and strength to her wonderful husband and family and to all of us....love to you Lolly, thank you for your many kind words to so many of us....may you find peace and kick a** in heaven!!
Love, Jade
xo

Joanne S 06-10-2008 11:57 PM

Cancer just isn't fair.
Oh my, so sad - we will miss you sister Lolly http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_24.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12_3_49.gif To Lolly's family,

May it be of some comfort to you that she is not hurting anymore and that she is at peace. May the memories you shared together provide you with solace and remain in your hearts forever.

With heartfelt sympathy,
Joanne S

Unregistered 06-11-2008 12:07 AM

Hello all. This is her son Bo. It's so hard to write this as she just passed this morning but upon clicking her shortcut and seeing just exactly how active she really was on this forum, how many supporters she had, and finding out just how much this forum and all the people on it meant to her I just want to thank you all for everything you've done to help her.

Her activity on this site I always considered somewhat of a private thing so I never asked for many details about the things she discussed with others. It made me feel good enough just come home and find her time and time again on the computer just a tapping away. Running off to the bedroom with a smile "I'm going to go post to my HER2 sisters!", she just enjoyed it so much. When she started to get weak, I asked her if she wanted me to post anything to her sisters here but she said she rather would wait until she had more energy. Knowing her, I imagine she just didn't want to alarm anyone.

During this time, my father pretty much abandoned his office and continued to work from home. He kept her fed with whatever she wanted, kept her hydrated, maintained her oxygen pump, her morphine drip and her bandaging. When he wasn't doing any of these things they were in the living room talking and reliving old times. My sister and I chipped in when needed and I kept up the kisses on her forehead. Those were her favorite.

I'm still uneasy about going through and reading her posts, but the few I have read talk about how much of a presence she was on this site, how much support she has given to others, how brave she was, how strong... Regardless of the Kleenex it calls for it's nothing new to me. The ladies at the cancer center all claim that she was the exact same way while getting her treatments. Here she is in the same situation as all the others that had to be there, yet always trying to help any patient she could with support, a good sturdy shoulder and whatever information she could provide in attempts to ease their worries. It was said that the employees who also provided support always felt better themselves when mom left.

Growing up with a mother like that you just never think this day is going to come. It did, but I'm OK for I have a lifetime of memories, lessons and smiles from a mother that, even into her last day, would always crack the biggest grin every time she would look up and focus on my eyes. Towards the end I was able to share great words with truly one of the greatest persons you could ever hope to have as a mother and friend.

Again, I thank you all for the support. She certainly had a willpower beyond imagination but the friends she made here helped to greatly lessen the load she seemingly never had any fear of carrying.

Here is a photo that was taken by my father while at the very campsite she used to visit with her family as a child. Sly Park in California. May she get the rest she deserves.

http://a235.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...56e577f3a2.jpg

hermiracles 06-11-2008 03:19 AM

OMG. Dear sweet Lolly. This is so heartbreaking.
Bo - what a wonderful heartfelt tribute to your mum and Dad. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Your mum was dearly loved.

Sweet Lolly ~ rest in peace sister.
Hermiracles.

GemmaG 06-11-2008 03:20 AM

My thoughts and love to the family.

Pam P 06-11-2008 04:45 AM

I can only echo what everyone else has said. Lolly always had uplifting and supportive words for all. A lovely and grace-filled person. Bo and family, I am so sorry for your loss of this great woman. You and your mom look so happy in the photo you shared, thank you for including it.

Christine 06-11-2008 05:20 AM

Joe and I are shocked as well. Lolly was one of our original members and we will miss her dearly.

Our condolences to her husband Frank and to the rest of her family. Her presence on this website will sorely be missed.

Hugs
Christine