HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How to be Annoying (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48440)

Colleens_Husband 01-20-2011 05:14 PM

Re: How to be Annoying

Another way to be annoying in a grocery store:

See someone you know in the aisle. Park your shopping cart in a manner as to block the entire aisle. Stop and chat for several minutes in a way that nobody or nothing can get by you. For bonus annoyance, park your carts in front of the Wheat Thins and Spray Cheese.

Come on people!!! Stop being such a Mamluk.

PinkGirl 01-20-2011 07:26 PM

I can buy Wheat Thins here.

Margerie 01-21-2011 09:23 PM

LOL PinkGirl!

How about annoying when someone is riding your butt on the highway, you move over to the right lane and then they cut in front of you and slow WAY down to make their exit??

How about people walking around the stores with little tiny headsets on that you can't see... I am always wondering if they are talking to me. I don't need that kind of stress LOL

imdavidson 01-21-2011 09:59 PM

Or how about when you're leaving a downtown parking lot where they charge $1.25 every 15 minutes and the driver in front of you at the pay booth can't find her exit ticket.

StephN 01-21-2011 10:33 PM

YIKES - so many annoying people out there ...

Gerri 01-22-2011 07:16 AM

Stand in line at Costco behind a woman who has a cart with a small child and a few items in it. Her husband arrives with the other cart which is overflowing. So annoying!

PinkGirl 01-22-2011 11:12 AM

Definition of MAMLUK
1: a member of a politically powerful Egyptian military class occupying the sultanate from 1250 to 1517

Colleens_Husband 01-22-2011 12:05 PM

[history=on]There are several definitions of Mamluks. The one I was referring to were the Mamluk horse archers of the Anatolian region of southeastern Turkey. During the First Crusade the Crusaders were to cross the Anatolian desert to get to Jerusalem. The Mamluks were sent to impede the progress of the Crusaders. The desert was very hot so the Crusaders rode through the region without their armor on. The Mamluks would ride up and fire a few dozen arrows at the Crusaders. The Crusaders would have to stop, put their armor on to fight back. Once their armor was on the Mamluks would run away leaving the knights boiling in metal armor in the middle of the desert. The knights would wait until they couldn't take it anymore, and then they would have to take their armor off which would once again bring the Mamluks back.

The Crusaders were supposed to cross the Anatolian Desert in eight weeks, because of the Mamluks, it took them more than eight months. So if someone is impeding your progress to the point of frustration, you could accurately feel they are channeling their inner Mamluk.[history=off]

Colleens_Husband 01-22-2011 12:11 PM

More Mamluks:

Be the first in a long line trying to merge onto the freeway. Do not accelerate past 25 miles per hour. Look in your rear view mirror and see the poor slobs behind you trying to merge into 65 miles per hour traffic while they are traveling only 25 miles per hour.

Gerri 01-22-2011 01:54 PM

More freeway annoyances:

When on the freeway and traffic slows to a crawl, use the shoulder of the freeway to pass all of the dumb smucks who didn't think of this first. Obviously, you are far more important than everyone else or they would have done this too.

TriciaK 01-22-2011 05:50 PM

I love "to be perfectly honest" or "to tell the truth", in the middle of a conversation. What? You haven't been perfectly honest or told the truth until now?? And when someone says "I'll be frank", I always want to say "and I'll be earnest." I don't get too annoyed much, though. My sense of humor won't let me. Most people are more laughable than really annoying---most of the time. Being annoyed takes too much energy! Hugs, TriciaK

Jackie07 01-23-2011 01:24 AM

Tricia,

Good observation.

My Father-in-law uses that sort of 'inserts' a lot and I think it's because he has a very tiny stuttering problem. The meaningless phrase gives him time to figure out what to say next.

My Father has similar stuttering problem and he would use/repeat 'and then' in the middle of his sentence (in Mandarin Chinese :).

Even though hubby does not have the stuttering problem, he talks exactly like his Dad. I just take it as the typical Texan way for them to waste as much time as they can 'shooting the breeze'. :)

PinkGirl 01-27-2011 01:12 PM

Sometimes...
when you cry....
no one sees your tears.

Sometimes...
when you are in pain.
no one sees your hurt.

Sometimes..
when you are worried..
no one sees your stress

Sometimes..
when you are happy..
no one sees your smile ..

But ...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

FART !! just ONE time....
And everybody knows!!

Jackie07 01-27-2011 04:30 PM

Roflmaowtime! :)

Colleens_Husband 01-30-2011 11:52 AM

Is there some sort of annoying government agency which writes requirements for fireplace tools to have handles which are constantly coming loose? I have had several dozen fireplace tool sets in my lifetime and not a single one had non-wibbly handles. Perhaps it is named the Federal Bureau of Annoyance Augmentation, Fireplace Division. I'm just saying......

StephN 01-30-2011 12:39 PM

Hey, Lee - Know what you mean about the fireplace tools. Ever heard of Lock Tight? I find it comes in handy when garden tool handles are loose and other uses.

StephN 01-30-2011 12:42 PM

Tricia - As usual nuggets of wisdom! Ham and WRY for you?

How about the "like" button on facebook, when you want to DISlike something.

fauxgypsy 01-30-2011 08:36 PM

Somedays I more easily annoyed than others. I hate it when I order a hamburger and they ask me if I want cheese on it. If I had, I would have ordered a cheesburger. Not that I eat many burgers these days. Too much fat, blah, blah, blah. I am annoyed by getting older and having to eat less and still weighing more.