HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Still Missing NEDenise (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62885)

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-08-2015 11:32 AM

Re: Still Missing NEDenise

Denise, Denise. I so adore her still. As you say, Amy, she was fun and funny, a uniquely good-hearted Soul, kind and caring down to her boots, super smart, wise, dedicated, loving (to us all and to her family). She remains in my heart and will till the day I leave this earth.

Bless you Ted, for chiming in! I am thrilled to hear you are doing okay and that the boys are moving on in life. Surely you are each a rock for one another

norkdo 05-13-2015 10:28 PM

AMY! When I come on here...it's been four years now since my 3b treatment and i am still alive and been so lucky, I open the link for this site which I have set to the single worst moment in my trip...the post where Denise says she has brain mets....and this is how i access this site. So you can imaginge when I just saw this thread how I felt my prayers were answered. Yours and all of you women who wrote on it, THANK THANK THANK YOU. It is an honour to have the Survivor guilt I have...to have shared with Denise a short unique and significant moment in time....we both get diagnosed at relatively the same time, she was ahead of me but inside a year...and we are both teachers, good middle class irish catholic girls, me in canada, she in Pennsylvania. Exact same (we thot) level of breast cancer, exact same type (non hormonal; HER2 only) except she with a happy marriage and two sons.....and then she dies. The reason I keep that one post she made telling us she had brain mets as my opening page for this site, is to continue to honour her; to never forget. And one day my Survivor guilt will dissipate. This fall I will send her widower another dozen roses on her anniversary. Thank you Amy. This helps us remember the truth: THEY CAN AFFORD TO DEVELOP MARS AS A FLIGHT OF FANCY FOR A BILLIONAIRE YET ONE IN EIGHT OF US HAVE A TERMINAL, TRAGIC DISEASE...

Mtngrl 05-15-2015 03:45 PM

Nora,

Thank you for stopping in. I know Denise was extra-extra special to you, with all you had in common.

I send Ted and the boys a little note every now and then. Well, once a year. It's so hard for the ones who are left behind--especially partners and children, I should think. My "kids" are all grown up now. I know they'll miss me, but I also know they're pretty much "launched." They sometimes ask advice about cooking or grammar, but they don't really need me for much else.

It was fantastic to hear from Ted recently. And from you!

fauxgypsy 10-13-2015 08:20 PM

I literally cannot think of this forum without thinking of Denise. She was a light.

dawny 10-15-2015 03:05 AM

I agree, I don't come here as much, as it makes me sad :( Denise was such a bright light here. Hugs to all of us. xx