HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Trial Trastuzumab-MCC-DM1 (I think it's working) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30287)

runtolive 11-27-2007 09:37 AM

Barb.. any updates... how many doses have u received.. what dose are u getting..

Barbara H. 12-20-2007 07:04 PM

Doing Great!!!

Hi Everyone,
I had a bone and cat scan last week and saw my oncologist today. My cat scan looks good and my bone scan indicates that the bones are healing. My tumor markers are great indicators for me and are now both normal. My CEA is now 1.7. I am hoping that it will eventually be under one. This is a great trial and I highly recommend it . It has minimal side effects, and I can live a normal life and continue working. I am on the phase 1 weekly trial.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

tousled1 12-20-2007 07:58 PM

Barbara,

Such great news and couldn't come at a better time of year. Congratulations. Praying for you that the trial continues to give you great results.

eric 12-20-2007 08:27 PM

Barbara - FANTASTIC!!!! What great news. A CEA of 1.7 indicates that you are well within the normal range. What a great way for you to celebrate the new year. This appears to be a very exciting new drug and you and Lily are wonderful trailblazers.

Eric

runtolive 12-20-2007 08:59 PM

this is great news barb... how do they do the weekly dose.
the phase 2 trial dose is 3.6 mg/m2 .. what is the weekly dose you are on...

run to live

lilyecuadorian 12-20-2007 10:40 PM

Dear Barbara ...you was one of the main reason to get me on this trail ...when I ask my Doc about trials he mentioned about this and in a second I remember your post ...and get exited ...and ask for it ...after all the test I think I did a great choose because my ct scan are great , my Doc said ...and thanks to you ..I really hope so that another Lady's on this site get in to ..like us ...plus my thoughts was genentech need all her costumer back (because is for patient who herceptin fail) so that way they still doing so a great sales in the future ....congratulalion you ct scan give me more hope ...like mine also give hope for somebody else ...

hermiracles 12-21-2007 07:13 AM

Dear Barbara and Lily - so glad this trial seems to be working so well for both of you! ((Big Hugs)) Wonderful!
Blessings
Hermiracles

Patrice 12-21-2007 02:03 PM

Barbara, what great news & wonderful way to start the New Year. You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm regards, Patrice

kareneg 12-21-2007 06:23 PM

Dear Barbara,

What wonderful news I am so happy for you. Have a wonderful holiday. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

runtolive 12-24-2007 08:52 AM

marsha.. have not seen you post in awhile.. hope all is well.. how is your treatment going..

StephN 12-29-2007 04:54 PM

Wowee!

Dear Barbara and Lily -
I am a little slow to get over to this part of the forum, but you have both been in my most POSITIVE thoughts and GOOD wishes.

So great to hear good news from you both at a time when we really need it! We know Barbara was a good responder to Herceptin so it was with every bit of faith that you would do will in this new trial.

KEEP on responding, ladies. Maybe with results like these they can fast-track this drug, and more oncs could use it off-label for those not in a trial area.

MPB 12-29-2007 10:30 PM

PTL It's WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to update you. My scans looked great the neck nodes have skriked in to half the size they where. No new ones! Liver is stable, just a little progession in the hips and spine. Not surprised I am sore more often. So I am going into 08 rip roaring to go!!!
God has truly blessed me so many times through this joruney. I am so humbled and grateful for all his love and my friends! Also all of you have been so full of Grace for me. Thank you and have a peace filled new year!

Lolly 12-30-2007 07:38 PM

Barbara, Lily and Marsha,
Great news on your scan results!!! As Marsha above says, go into '08 rip roaring!

<3 Lolly

Barbara H. 12-30-2007 07:59 PM

For MPB

Hi MPB,
You may just be sore. In the beginning the bone scans can show progression even when the cancer is not progressing. You will probably need to wait for a few more scans before you can determine what is going on. I have been on the trial since September and the CT and bone scan is finally showing response to treatment.

This is what my most recent CT scan on 12/20 indicated:
"Metastatic involvement of the bones is apparent, with areas of increasing sclerosis in comparison to prior study, possibly a treatment effect."

My bone scan indicated: There has been a slight decrease in the intensity of the radiotracer uptake associated with lesions in the right clavicle and the right hemipelvis. The additional lesions, including the one in the T11 and L1 vertebral bodies appear unchanged.

While this does not sound great, my tumor markers are now normal, and they are an excellent benchmark for me. I have the sense that it takes a while for these scans to show measurable response in the bones.

Best wishes,
Barbara H.

runtolive 01-15-2008 09:41 AM

marsha.. how was your first treatment..

runtolive

runtolive 01-23-2008 03:10 PM

barb.. how has your treatment been going.. long time no hear...

runtolive

Barbara H. 01-25-2008 04:22 PM

Everything is going well. I had a CT scan and bone scan today. There is really no news and nothing to post until I receive the results of these tests.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Barbara

Joy 01-26-2008 07:39 AM

can't wait to hear

the good news!

runtolive 01-27-2008 06:43 AM

hopefully the drug wipes out all the pain in your bones... like you say .. feels like its working. stay strong..

Mykentuckyhome 01-27-2008 10:42 AM

mcc- dmi trial

I am very much interested in this trial. Can anyone tell me about it? What are the requirements ? I had taken hercepton for over 2 yrs. till I had progression. Please anyone? Are these trials at certain places? Thanks linda